vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what difference it would make if the Broncos moved Adam Blair to 13? I didn't have an issue with McGuire at lock because it meant that the Broncos were going to call in a genuine prop forward like Ese'ese to start which I thought had been sorely missed.

There is no doubt Blair is a more skillful player and I just wonder if you give Blair the ball later in the set whether it would result in more creativity around the ruck.

There's been a few occasions where Blair has had the ball later in a set, and the Broncos tend to play very well off the back of his plays.

Both Thaiday and Blair need to step up, like they did at the back end of 2015, and McGuire needs to step back -- on the 4th tackle.

Gallen, and the teams he plays for, only ever looked like winners after Game 2 SOO, when Gallen got a serve to stop taking so many 4th tackle hit ups. McGuire has the same issue.

I wonder what difference it would make if the Broncos moved Adam Blair to 13? I didn't have an issue with McGuire at lock because it meant that the Broncos were going to call in a genuine prop forward like Ese'ese to start which I thought had been sorely missed.

There is no doubt Blair is a more skillful player and I just wonder if you give Blair the ball later in the set whether it would result in more creativity around the ruck.

There's been a few occasions where Blair has had the ball later in a set, and the Broncos tend to play very well off the back of his plays.

Blair's best footy has always been in the backrow. I think it would provide more creativity around the ruck and have a positive effect on our attack.

Ese'ese has shown he can handle starting so I think the move should happen.

Hunt has played for Aus, taken us to a GF and semi's whilst Kodi has been a bench sub and filled in (admirably) for the past 6 weeks. I think you can quite easily make the comparison that the regular deserves his spot back when he returns from injury.

And hasn't been anywhere near that level for 18 months. Is leaving in 5 months and had a relatively long injury lay off.

Gillett has been below par for a few weeks and probably just needs a week or twos break.

I would dearly love to see Blair at lock. Even if it's one game.

I think I prefer Blair as the first contact in defence. He is the only one in our squad that can consistently stop opposition props dead in their tracks and then tie them up in the ruck to force a slow play-the-ball. Others might hit harder, but Blair does all the little things right. We'll lose that if he goes to lock as he'll be forced to do more clean-up work or at least be second or third man in the tackle.

The Jayden su'a addition is interesting, I wonder if it's purely because he's more versatile and the best utility replacement. Or if Wayne is planning on giving the back rowers a rest and see's sua as the best fit for thst roll. Or does he have a massive opinion of him and has he moved above offa, arrow and the other guys in the pecking order? Especially given in previous weeks we've been happy to run with mead on the bench.

The Jayden su'a addition is interesting, I wonder if it's purely because he's more versatile and the best utility replacement. Or if Wayne is planning on giving the back rowers a rest and see's sua as the best fit for thst roll. Or does he have a massive opinion of him and has he moved above offa, arrow and the other guys in the pecking order? Especially given in previous weeks we've been happy to run with mead on the bench.

Yeah, I think it's to do with the fact that we have 2 backrowers (and moose) backing up after origin, and they may not be up for playing their usual number of minutes. Carrying a back on the bench might be a bit too much of a risk and maybe Offa isn't as versitile and would struggle in the back row (usually plays prop?)? I'm not too sure of his capabilities, so I may be wrong on that.

Though I would definitely prefer having a gun second rower like Sua on the bench rather then having a pointless winger.

I'd love to see Blair at lock. He can be creative. He has a decent offload. He puts the defense in two minds when he has the ball and he's reasonably mobile given his age and size.
It would also get Moose back where he belongs

Just travelling with the team, I suppose. Wouldn't be the only one that does it.

He definitely isn't playing.

Yeah but best thing for his brain is to have a rest. Let him sleep in a few days and get some massages, needs to avoid heavy exercise for a week. Doesn't need relative low oxygen that you get on flights. Don't see the rationale.

Yeah but best thing for his brain is to have a rest. Let him sleep in a few days and get some massages, needs to avoid heavy exercise for a week. Doesn't need relative low oxygen that you get on flights. Don't see the rationale.

Maybe Bennett wants to give him a close-up view of the Broncos' plight. If we struggle tonight, it'll remind him how important he is to the team. If we win, it might perk him up a bit after the Origin loss.

Coming off that origin loss I get the feeling that some of our reps will be awfully hungry for a win. Could be a strange bonus for the Broncos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.