POST GAME [Round 14, 2023] Broncos vs Sharks

Pats had 2 pretty big games this week. Had a lot of work to do for Queensland as well as for us tonight.
I'm well aware of that ... my comment was more about how massive his effort was tonight considering he was spent by the back end... he's basically played 2 games in 3 days in the middle of the field, because there wasn't much reduced minutes across either game.

Just kept turning up in defence... and also made sure he did his job as a link man in attack... huge effort

Prior to the last 2 weeks teams playing off the bye have won:

7/11.. not to mention we won in new Zealand, and in cronulla with 2 teams who had a TOTAL of about 10 mins of origin in them whilst we had 5 origin players. FIVE FFS! These last 2 weeks are bigger than anything we've done in the last 2 years. Absolutely huge

On tonight, Piakura probably stays in this role for a while and Marty is probably the one to be dropped for a Jensen return.

Piakura hit all his assignments and his late footwork was a threat. Impressive.

3. Oates
2. Staggs
1. Reynolds

That is just about our best victory of the year so far, no lie. Players backing up, couldn't buy a set restart all night, and yet we deliver the best defensive display seen from the Broncos in a damn long time. Oates was fucking outstanding on return and easily earned my 3 votes.

We're in the BEST possible spot right now and I am over the moon about our premiership prospects this season. Kevvie is gonna fuckin' do it.

It was quite different defence this time. I thought it was quite passive, but supremely patient. No panic, wait for them to make their plays and then absorb. There was a lot of scramble and cover-up needed, but we had enough in the tank to keep turning up. Reminds me a lot of 2015, where we allowed teams field position by conserving energy but frustrated them to error when we wouldn't crack.

One of the best wins of the season considering the opposition and the state of our rep players. The byes coming up are going to be very valuable, I hope it doesn't interrupt our momentum though.

Outstanding win. Just a shout out to Billy Walters. He cops a fair bit on here but he's easily the best hooker we have. His defence tonight was tremendous and I always get nervous when he goes off the field. His service can be ordinary but he's all heart and when he decides to run, he can be dangerous.

Great to see Oates back too. Bloody fantastic.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Harry Sack
  • Galah
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Cavalo
  • FACTHUNT
  • Aldo
  • ostin86
  • Bronco bob
  • Bucking Beads
  • Skyblues87
  • thenry
  • marw
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • broncos4life
  • theshed
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.