POST GAME [Round 14, 2023] Broncos vs Sharks

Great game and not a bad player in the team. Swap Jensen for big Marty and that's out forward pack done. With Mariner, Sailor and Arthurs as pretty awesome fill ins for injured or missing players.

Oates was immense tonight and his carries were something else. Walters was good and looks to have finally worked out which side his forward runners are coming from.

This team is so far from the Siebold (sorry him who's name we do not mention) years it's just breath taking.

If we can just knock over the Storm in the last round I will be one happy camper.

NRL2023BHQFullTimeRound14

To be honest I've never brought into the hype around the Sharks. Good team, will win the fair share of games but they just don't scare me.

That was a really good win, sharks off the bye after a trip to NZ with Origin boys backing up. The thing i really like is we have alot of improvement to come but we are still winning. Our attack in the opposition 20 has a long way to go but I'm ok with not been 100% at this time of the season.

I'm a big fan of the capwell coming into the middle tactic. With his late footwork and bit of agility he seems more effective in attack when running at big tired forwards. His defence seems better in the middle as well. If Piakura can become a strike second rower for us i think we keep running with that tactic.

Tonight i saw shades of Staggs back when he was our best player in the dark days. If he can hit that type of form again we're going to be a very hard team to beat.

Regardless of what happens moving forward Kevvie has changed the culture of this team. For a guy who has been looked over for Broncos head coach (basically every time the role has opened) it's a great big F you to those in the club who decided to offer our former coach a 5 year multi million dollar deal when they could have had Walters basically on a year to year for peanuts.

Finally, its so disappointing to be losing flegs and Herbie next year. Right when it seems weve got our combinations and the ballance in the team right we lose two pretty key elements.

I know it might have been already mentioned, but how about the coach’s son? One, Billy Walters. I thought he had a cracker of a game. Well done to the whole team, they all stood up as one.

On tonight, Piakura probably stays in this role for a while and Marty is probably the one to be dropped for a Jensen return.

Piakura hit all his assignments and his late footwork was a threat. Impressive.
Yep only thing I need to say about that arrangement is Capes needs to be monitored heavier in the middle he went for 5 minutes to long.

You just have to laugh at these journos in the presser with Fitzy making out they were hard done by.

That penalty for kick pressure at the legs has been a penalty all year on everyone bar Reyno, god forbid we got one.

They still won the 6 again count but nothing to see here..
They complained about the penalty on Reynolds, but ignored the high shot he copped after a kick for no penalty and play on.

**** the haters, Billy is our 9. This is his first full season as an out and out 9 and he is really coming into his skin. Those kicks tonight were unreal. His defence was rock solid. Also Kevy made the right call giving Piakura the call up. Sucks for Jensen having done nothing wrong but having Carrigan go off and Capewell move to lock is almost a cheat code. He is such a good player in the middle Capewell, it just makes sense to blood Piakura that way.

I went in to fight pretty heavily for Piakura this week and whilst I am very pleased he backed me up with a great performance I’m not sure he is quite a consistent enough and complete enough footballer to be playing every game. Would love to be proved wrong and for now I would be sticking with the status quo but I can very easily see Capewell playing a full 80 on the edge at the end of this origin period when Pat, Flegs and Payne are at there most effective again. But for now that’s just a feeling on my behalf and hope they prove me wrong. Another thing to consider is that if it does work out is Capes better to move to the bench and just play as an outright middle because I am not a huge fan of changing an edge mid game.

Active Now

• Cavalo
  • Harry Sack
  • FACTHUNT
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Sproj
  • Aldo
  • ostin86
  • Bronco bob
  • Bucking Beads
  • Skyblues87
  • thenry
  • marw
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • broncos4life
  • theshed
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.