POST GAME [Round 14, 2023] Broncos vs Sharks

So have we officially dropped “we’re the broncos”? Do we think it was something the players/coach decided that it wasn’t an appropriate footy victory song but a corporate decision? They seem so much more into the old victory song.

I love the media and social media comments giving excuses for every team we beat. Fucken bring it on.

Keep underestimating us.

Meanwhile our starting pack will roll through your forwards and make your star players go for low percentage plays, and make the commentators have to cling on to anything to make their favourite players/teams sound good still.

We are in a good place.

They won’t say it but I think every single team is scared of us because if we stay healthy going into finals, not many will be able to go with us. We play too fast and have a freakish defense.

Sometimes you don’t know what you’re missing til it’s gone. Welcome back Gary⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Staggs has made defence his own personal weapon.🧨🧨🧨
Riki showed good wheels to streak away from Moylan and itonly took a desperate Kennedy to eventually get our gun second rower.🛞🛞🛞🛞🛞
Great defence by Piakura, can’t wait to see more of those dancing feet of his.🕺🏾🕺🏾🕺🏾🕺🏾🕺🏾
Best defensive display of the year against a fresh team coming off a bye with the highest points scoring total. To keep them to two tries was immense.🫀🫀🫀🫀🫀
Love how our origin boys still turned up and put in a shift for the team.🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈
20 points, on top of the table and every point was earned. We’re the only team that can say that.🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾

Ezra’s try was made back in 1992. How good to see a Broncos team scoring from a shift on their own try line.❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

But..but.. we haven't played anyone good yet etc etc
Let's not get fucking cocky yeah? First good year in a while and you're all acting like we're king shit. We've not proven shit until we get to the pointy end. We were thrashed by Souths, beaten by Storm, Raiders and the 'Riff so yeah the teams around us have beaten us this year.

Let's not get fucking cocky yeah? First good year in a while and you're all acting like we're king shit. We've not proven shit until we get to the pointy end. We were thrashed by Souths, beaten by Storm, Raiders and the 'Riff so yeah the teams around us have beaten us this year.
That’s fine to temper expectations, but even the great teams drop games throughout the year. You can’t expect us to go through undefeated to then start to hold hopes for higher honours.

Thanks Girds.

Corey Oates has been unreal this year. I think he has gotten a player of the round vote from me every game he’s played. He truly is Gary the GOAT.

Billy has had 2 really solid games. Despite my criticisms of him, I’ve always said I think he’s a smart player but just not physically gifted. He has seemingly developed skills that better match his footy IQ. Well done, Billy. I think he has surpassed Paix fairly significantly on form.

Piakura had his best NRL game and showed some hints of those skills that had everyone excited a few years ago. It only scratched the surface but was good to see.

A few of us have been advocating for Capewell to play in the middle and the rotation for him over the last 2 weeks has been brilliant.

Love the way that Kobe plays. He’s a throwback

Which is even more dumb when you consider all our Losses have been at home this year. We are undefeated on away games.
Fake news. We lost to the Storm away. Sorry!

That forward pack is so hard contain, they started brilliantly last night and should've had more than 4 points to show for it. Adding Oates back in and (hopefully) Staggs running like he did last night is scary.

How cruel, bitter, atrocious, evil & cold-blooded are the NSWRL & the moron PVL are? We’re pitted against 3 teams who had a bye the previous week back to back to back.

A big
Fuck Off Go Away GIF by CBC
from us to them is, us winning all 3 of them including next week’s game.

Kev & his mob have been doing a fantastic job in managing our boys. Hope they had plans to rest our Origin boys & Adam before the finals start.

So have we officially dropped “we’re the broncos”? Do we think it was something the players/coach decided that it wasn’t an appropriate footy victory song but a corporate decision? They seem so much more into the old victory song.
That trash team song? It's one of the lamest songs I've ever heard, and should be gone.

How cruel, bitter, atrocious, evil & cold-blooded are the NSWRL & the moron PVL are? We’re pitted against 3 teams who had a bye the previous week back to back to back.

A big
Fuck Off Go Away GIF by CBC
from us to them is, us winning all 3 of them including next week’s game.

Kev & his mob have been doing a fantastic job in managing our boys. Hope they had plans to rest our Origin boys & Adam before the finals start.

you must be mistaken sir.

I haven't heard one word in the media about this ... and when it happened to the Eels earlier in the season, those impartial arbiter's of truth wouldn't shut up about it.

Damn, grumpy Sunday morning aye.
I blame my kids!

But in all seriousness. We had a goodbwin streak earlier but as soon as we hit the top teams we lost 3 of the 4. I know we lost Arey for 2 of those games but the fact remains we've lost to the top teams.

My expectations are still tempered.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Big Del
  • MrTickyMcG
  • BroncosAlways
  • Horseheadsup
  • Battler
  • phoenix
  • Galah
  • bb_gun
  • Dreaglor
  • Hoof Hearted
  • RolledOates
  • Manofoneway
  • Sproj
  • Robboi_321
  • BruiserMk1
  • The True King
  • thenry
  • broncos4life
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.