PointsBet Stadium

Saturday
Night
19:35

Broncos

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have 3 byes left. We don’t rest on a top 4 clash. If we plan like a bunch of pussies we will dish up like a bunch of pussies. Every single one of our origin players on Wednesday night won’t have played in 13 days. It’s game 1 and we have 2 byes in the next 5-6 weeks we shouldn’t be resting on the first origin game. If after game 3 we decide we are in a good position and it would be beneficial to rest all the boys than fine but not after game 1 going into a huge clash.
Agree at this stage all to back up ..however the whole conversation is predicated on all coming through a brutal game #1 on a hard Adelaide surface . and while the guys got away with a critical away win ,it again exposed our open side weakness with outside backs jamming in in defence gifting opposing wingers open spaces. we have 2 very good defensive centres plus cover from Mann so please guys( wingers) trust your inside man in defence and stick like sh…t to your opposite winger.
Also big rap to JR ..his work rate in both attack and def. has been great ,hope we have locked him up for a few years.

Agree at this stage all to back up ..however the whole conversation is predicated on all coming through a brutal game #1 on a hard Adelaide surface . and while the guys got away with a critical away win ,it again exposed our open side weakness with outside backs jamming in in defence gifting opposing wingers open spaces. we have 2 very good defensive centres plus cover from Mann so please guys( wingers) trust your inside man in defence and stick like sh…t to your opposite winger.
Also big rap to JR ..his work rate in both attack and def. has been great ,hope we have locked him up for a few years.

Why is it a hard surface ?
AFL play there regularly and they particularly don`t like hard grounds . 9 days ago Port Adelaide and Melbourne played in the wet there .

Similarly to the game against the Warriors we need to complete sets and try and dominate possession. With the Sharks also coming off the bye, we don't need to create extra work for us by having consistently defending errors.

Again (without our origin players) if our middles can hold their own, Reynolds and Co can get us the points.

Similarly to the game against the Warriors we need to complete sets and try and dominate possession. With the Sharks also coming off the bye, we don't need to create extra work for us by having consistently defending errors.

Again (without our origin players) if our middles can hold their own, Reynolds and Co can get us the points.
Omg just realised we're also playing thr Knights off a bye the week after...

Why is it a hard surface ?
AFL play there regularly and they particularly don`t like hard grounds . 9 days ago Port Adelaide and Melbourne played in the wet there .
Media reports ..comparing that surface to typical RL grounds but maybe they are wrong or just winging

Alright, so of course depending on how players pull up from origin, I'd definitely be resting Walsh as it is his debut and I am still keen to rest the three middles as well. So I'd go this team (and this is on the proviso that Oates is still out):

1. Sailor
2. Mariner
3. Staggs
4. Farnworth
5. Cobbo
6. Mam
7. Reynolds
8. Jensen
9. Walters
10. Palasia
11. Capewell
12. Riki
13. Hetherington

14. Mozer
15. Willison
16. Taupau
17. Piakura

Let's give Mozer a taste and gives Paix a bigger workout than the 20ish minutes he's been getting lately. Like last week, I am not expecting to win this one, although I think we can, but I really want to give some of these kids some more exposure while we can and give some rest to our big guys for the run home.

Alright, so of course depending on how players pull up from origin, I'd definitely be resting Walsh as it is his debut and I am still keen to rest the three middles as well. So I'd go this team (and this is on the proviso that Oates is still out):

1. Sailor
2. Mariner
3. Staggs
4. Farnworth
5. Cobbo
6. Mam
7. Reynolds
8. Jensen
9. Walters
10. Palasia
11. Capewell
12. Riki
13. Hetherington

14. Mozer
15. Willison
16. Taupau
17. Piakura

Let's give Mozer a taste and gives Paix a bigger workout than the 20ish minutes he's been getting lately. Like last week, I am not expecting to win this one, although I think we can, but I really want to give some of these kids some more exposure while we can and give some rest to our big guys for the run home.
Sprojy you need to drop this "I'm not expecting to win this one" mindset. We are the Sharks bogey team. No matter where we play them or who is in the side we are almost guaranteed the win.

Realistically, the Snorts are four points below us. It's only because they have had two byes that they are presently sitting above us. That will change over the weekend.

Sprojy you need to drop this "I'm not expecting to win this one" mindset. We are the Sharks bogey team. No matter where we play them or who is in the side we are almost guaranteed the win.

Realistically, the Snorts are four points below us. It's only because they have had two byes that they are presently sitting above us. That will change over the weekend.

I am expecting to win just quietly, just won't be disappointed if we don't.

Id save mozer for a dragons or tigers type game something that if we turn up he is going to get some confidence out of

1. Sailor
2. Mariner
3. Staggs
4. Farnworth
5. Cobbo
6. Mam
7. Reynolds
8. Jensen
9. Walters
10. Palasia
11. Capewell
12. Riki
13. Hetherington

14. Mozer
15. Willison
16. Taupau
17. Piakura

Carrigan and haas will backup and play 30 minutes each. They will rest cobbo and keep arthars. Oates is back this week. They won't play mozer at this stage. 20 qcup games is kevys mantra usually unless through injury.

Also… this Piakura love?! He has been shitting the bed since we have him the $1.2M contract. Has been a passenger (not a very good one at that) in most games I’ve seen. I’ve said it before, let’s really find out if he is up for it this year! He needs to show something in Cup and definitely at NRL level. Otherwise, off to the Dolphins…

Also… this Piakura love?! He has been shitting the bed since we have him the $1.2M contract. Has been a passenger (not a very good one at that) in most games I’ve seen. I’ve said it before, let’s really find out if he is up for it this year! He needs to show something in Cup and definitely at NRL level. Otherwise, off to the Dolphins…

He is showing something in Cup. He wasn’t good last week but we have to stop writing players off after one game in a depleted side. He needs a few games to show if he has anything or not.

Do you have a link which confirms this 1.2 Mil contract please?

Thanks. So it was never confirmed by the club then?

It never is.

The only player that's ever said how much he was on was Christian Welch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Culhwch
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.