Night
19:35

Sharks

Team Lists

FACTHUNT

FACTHUNT

QCup Player
May 25, 2021
Kevvy will probably play Haas, Carrigan, Cobbo, and Walsh. He played them all after game one last year (other than Cobbo who was injured). Word is that Cobbo will be playing from the bench in game 1.

Take my left nut for no more injuries ffs

Manofoneway

Manofoneway

NRL Player
May 22, 2022
Kevvy will probably play Haas, Carrigan, Cobbo, and Walsh. He played them all after game one last year (other than Cobbo who was injured). Word is that Cobbo will be playing from the bench in game 1.

Take my left nut for no more injuries ffs
We should have staggs back as well which would have seen us beat the titans today. I have no doubt these guys can all back up from origin pretty easily

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
apparently not
True... was surprised to see Nicho named... thought the calf would be a deterrent given the amount of change to their team this year... figured they would want no injuries or concerns heading into camp.

They do have Keary named so there might be fitness tests he has to get through first.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Can we find a winger in replacement of Oates. He is literally a turnstile in defense these days. Hopefully Arthurs and Staggs are back to help the team.

BooKhaki

BooKhaki

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2020
The only bloke I want rested is Haas due to his niggles. Walsh possibly, but he needs more game time to work on his shit.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I think this might be the game the origin guys back up if they're fit and able. They certainly won't back up against the Wahs. We get the Knights away for our other game that we back up on which will probably see the guys not back up also.

BooKhaki

BooKhaki

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2020
Can we find a winger in replacement of Oates. He is literally a turnstile in defense these days. Hopefully Arthurs and Staggs are back to help the team.
You do realise it's the defensive structure that's mostly at fault. Oates had multiple 2on1 and 3on1 situations, his job under the structure is to jam the centre and rely on cover defence to get the winger.

kman

kman

QCup Player
Aug 8, 2021
Totally agree there, give Leota a run and give Oates he's run back in reserves. I would like to see Mozer get some more time, especially with how horrible Walters has been. Let Billy earn his spot back in the 17, instead of having Daddy let him play.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
I think Oates is either our last resort bench forward who can cover a backline position if necessary, or he's out of the team. From now on he should be training on the edge in opposition.

I would persevere with Karapani, despite what happened yesterday, but on the wing, where he's played in the Cup. He should compete for Jesse's position.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Totally agree there, give Leota a run and give Oates he's run back in reserves. I would like to see Mozer get some more time, especially with how horrible Walters has been. Let Billy earn his spot back in the 17, instead of having Daddy let him play.

Leota hasn't been exactly setting the world on fire in reserve grade, plus he is playing right not left.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
You do realise it's the defensive structure that's mostly at fault. Oates had multiple 2on1 and 3on1 situations, his job under the structure is to jam the centre and rely on cover defence to get the winger.
There were quite a few times yesterday where he just simply did not trust his centre and rushed in anyways. Plus his lateral movement these days just simply isnt good enough to be a winger these days. I think he really needs to focus on transitioning to a bench forward. His mobility is completely shot these days to be a winger

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
I've noticed hethrington is going on to the 2nd row with riki moving into the middle the past month or so.
Walters needs to pull the trigger here. Is hethrington 2nd row cover? Bcos if he is then get gojetski (who hasn't been bad) out and use him as that, if he isn't I think he needs to get out of the side. He is great but our go forward is shithouse and patty/payne are taking on too much, even with Jensen and willison helping well. We only really have 1 prop on the bench, our game is built on momentum ffs. If tw kura was available I'd be screaming it from the rooftops but even tapau or baker would be better options. Worse players, by far, but unfortunately having only 1 big prop on the bench isn't working for us.

I'd also swap smoothy and Walters. Walters is still our best hooker I believe but he looks tired tbh. Let him be an impact hooker for a little bit and see if he can be rejuvenated.

And karipani has great attacking talent (running, not passing) but his centre defence is shocking. Wing until he improves it. Oates drops another wrung on the pecking order. Although he hasn't been shocking, just way too slow.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013

Leota made one tackle and missed two on Friday night to go with his dropped ball and penalty.

He was offside three minutes in, how a winger gets done for offside that early I don't know. Some how he got in front of the kicker and then touched it.

He dropped the kick that meant Pride went ahead 12-0.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
I'd also swap smoothy and Walters. Walters is still our best hooker I believe but he looks tired tbh. Let him be an impact hooker for a little bit and see if he can be rejuvenated.

And karipani has great attacking talent (running, not passing) but his centre defence is shocking. Wing until he improves it. Oates drops another wrung on the pecking order. Although he hasn't been shocking, just way too slow.
Been saying this for a while, except I think Smoothy is our best hooker (though nothing special). Billy should be our impact from the bench, plus halves cover. I'm certain Smoothy can play 80 minutes if necessary, as all hookers have to do sometimes, if Billy has to slot into the halves.

The hitch with this - if you want to lean into conspiracies - is you would expect the 14 to be replaced by Mozer at some point. But Blake is a starting hooker. He offers no cover. Which means, you would really need to partner him with Billy.

So leaving Tyson at 14 leaves him most prone to being replaced by Mozer. Unfair, but that's how it will play out.

Unread

Active Now

• maddo
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Old Mate
  • Xzei
  • Bish
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.