19:35

Sharks

Team Lists

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
2. If you were coach, would you drop your son if you had another option?

Being my son....would not come into it.

Whether that's u/7's
or
the NRL.

If I had a better option........someone banging down my door?
I wouldn't hesitate.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Yeah it is harsh but it isn't a one off this year, Kobe has been really underwhelming.

But as you say, the change happened around 20 mins...when Kobe came on.

So....Kobe lost us the game

in your opinion?

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
So....Kobe lost us the game

in your opinion?

No of course not, that is twisting it. As I said, there are many who were below par and I am not turning this in to a vendetta against Kobe, I love the bloke but he just seems way down on what he was doing last year and the momentum really does seem to swing when he comes on. Is it a coincidence? I don't know, just think he needs to lift his game.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
TBH...other than last game (which I think I need to watch again to see just how bad Kobe reportedly was)

I thought he was going well and easily keeping his spot in the team.

Be interesting to hear Patty miked up on Sunday. I'm predicting grasshoppers......

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
As much as Reece and Ezra are exciting attacking weapons.......I believe both still have a long way to go in figuring out how to get your team in a position to win games. For mine....they both go MIA way too often.
I think Reece went into a bit of panic mode at the back end of yesterday's game... he fired that bullet pass to Madden that was fumbled backwards and then next tackle he kicked early for not much (guessing he was looking for a 40/20, but it was covered).

I don't think he goes MIA though... he's super competitive... but I think he gets flustered and goes into catch up footy mode very easily.

In the end the team did put themselves in a position to win that game with Oates getting caught... I think the tackles after that break were a bit disappointing though... needed someone to take control inside the 20m and try to manufacture opportunities, but it went to Willison next tackle and titans regrouped... needed Mam, Walsh, Patty, Madden, etc. to get the troops lined up straight after the break and go at them again.

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
Oates has been let down by inside men the past couple weeks and seems to be getting all the hate from it.
Karipani has been making some poor decisions and either not knowing or trusting the defensive structure we use, which has worked well with Cobbo, Jesse or Staggs at centre on either side.
I actually think it's a coaching issue tbh.
Our defensive structures changed on the edge this year, and tbf it has worked really well most games. But when it doesn't go well there's no adapting and it's a shit show.
The wingers are being encouraged to jam in with the centres sliding off and covering behind. Problem with that is a good centre, or if the timing is even mildly off or if there's an edge player causing doubt, means it's nearly an automatic try.

J

Jazza

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
I actually think it's a coaching issue tbh.
Our defensive structures changed on the edge this year, and tbf it has worked really well most games. But when it doesn't go well there's no adapting and it's a shit show.
The wingers are being encouraged to jam in with the centres sliding off and covering behind. Problem with that is a good centre, or if the timing is even mildly off or if there's an edge player causing doubt, means it's nearly an automatic try.
It works pretty well if the winger gets there before or as the ball is being passed. But Oates isn’t quick enough and often seems to get there well after the pass, meaning the opposition winger is away. Maybe we need to use a different strategy on his edge.

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
I don't think kobe hethrington has been bad tbh. He just isn't what we need. I actually think Walters is trying to keep him in the side by making him play edge, bcos we can't have 1 prop on the bench. It doesn't work for us, for others it might but not us...

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Being my son....would not come into it.

Whether that's u/7's
or
the NRL.

If I had a better option........someone banging down my door?
I wouldn't hesitate.
If you were my old man., I'd get emancipated.

G

Griffo

Dec 6, 2023
Watched the training session last Thursday. You could see the team is off from last year. Patty was trying to rev them up, so there's a bit of ego shit going on too.
Mostly think it's amount of injuries, new combo's and fatigue. Preseason looked good, hopefully we get some luck with injuries and combos and things get better towards back of the year.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Watched the training session last Thursday. You could see the team is off from last year. Patty was trying to rev them up, so there's a bit of ego shit going on too.
Mostly think it's amount of injuries, new combo's and fatigue. Preseason looked good, hopefully we get some luck with injuries and combos and things get better towards back of the year.
The Saturday night after the manly game, a mate of mine texted me at 2am to say he was hanging out with a heap of broncos players at a club in the valley. I responded to him saying I hope they’ll be ready for the titans. I’m sure there’s no curfew and they’re allowed but maybe they were feeling the effects during the week.

I thought they would have zoned in and partied in the bye round after flogging the titans but fatigue has probably set in.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
The Saturday night after the manly game, a mate of mine texted me at 2am to say he was hanging out with a heap of broncos players at a club in the valley. I responded to him saying I hope they’ll be ready for the titans. I’m sure there’s no curfew and they’re allowed but maybe they were feeling the effects during the week.

I thought they would have zoned in and partied in the bye round after flogging the titans but fatigue has probably set in.
I doubt they’ve got a curfew if they’ve got no games or training the following day. The young lads wanted to unwind and so they should.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Because of my list making needs and talking about him in another thread, I was thinking, have we actually managed to replace Coates? Imagine if we had no salary cap like the Roosters. We could be running this out:

1. Walsh
2. Cobbo
3. Staggs
4. Farnworth
5. Coates
6. Mam
7. Hunt
8. Flegler
9. Walters
10. Haas
11. Fifita
12. Su’A
13. Carrigan

14. Smoothy
15. Arrow
16. Willison
17. Riki

Really the only thing we haven’t produced in ages is a gun 9.

Lostboy

Lostboy

Feb 21, 2024
Because of my list making needs and talking about him in another thread, I was thinking, have we actually managed to replace Coates? Imagine if we had no salary cap like the Roosters. We could be running this out:

1. Walsh
2. Cobbo
3. Staggs
4. Farnworth
5. Coates
6. Mam
7. Hunt
8. Flegler
9. Walters
10. Haas
11. Fifita
12. Su’A
13. Carrigan

14. Smoothy
15. Arrow
16. Willison
17. Riki

Really the only thing we haven’t produced in ages is a gun 9.
Can we use an Acubra instead of a sombrero?

Maybe the fans can put in for third party payments ......

Everyone Likes to put in their 5 cents already....

Unread

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • marw
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.