McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
As per their careers

Hunt plays 7 .
And Dearden plays 6 .

Lee Briers is gonna be busy trying to teach those guys how to play those positions .
Given it's a hypothetical, we also hire the guy who turned Dearden from a 7 into a 6 to revert him back, along with Billy Slater and Mal Meninga who coached Hunt at dummy half.

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
Given it's a hypothetical, we also hire the guy who turned Dearden from a 7 into a 6 to revert him back, along with Billy Slater and Mal Meninga who coached Hunt at dummy half.

1stly . Gonna need some AFL legend to teach Tommy how to kick long .
If he is your #7 . He can run , pass and tackle very well . Long kicks are his weakness . If he could kick long the Chad would be elsewhere now, Tommy playing #7 and another 5/8 taking Tommy`s role .
Hunt doesn`t like to play in the middle week to week . He has been quoted saying as much several times ...

Totally Unr3al

Totally Unr3al

BRL Player
May 3, 2024
The guy who hasn’t had actual success in years and has left both of his last clubs in an absolutely salary mess when he’s left them going backwards as well?
Regardless, he got a team of nobodies to try hard for 80 mins.

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
Edit: don't look at the stats against Melbourne.

Santa

Santa

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jun 30, 2020
I hope we have a plan for how Oates it's going to deal with these fast Cronulla outside backs...

Broncapz

Broncapz

NRL Player
May 1, 2016
I'm sure having staggs back will fix a fair few things that we saw the other day against the titans defensively at least.

I hope..
With Staggs, they probably score 2-3 less tries.

Sharks will be super dangerous now after dropping a free win like us.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
That makes most sense. I feel bad for wanting to drop Oates, but the lack of speed is getting more and more obvious.
I'm not sure we'll have a choice anyway.

Given Selwyn is on the bench in origin there's a chance Reece gets rested with his knee and Cobbo to fullback.

Which means we're short on centres again even with Staggs back.

Maybe Mariner gets a run at centre for the week with Karapani on right wing??

I think we really need everyone backing up for this game though, because we've been handed warriors in NZ after origin 2 which is surely most being rested... but because we dropped the titans game we need to make up wins now and sharks should be winnable pending origin... if Nicho is rested and McInness run into the ground they're potentially worse off than us post origin.

It will probably come down to how Payne and Reece pull up with their knee issues though

Bish

Bish

QCup Player
May 11, 2023
Despite everything, we’re not the only ones who have had some dodgy results. Sharks and Redcliffe have played above themselves so far this season, and the table is close. We’re just 4 points off the top team as it stands, yet we’ve not hit top form yet.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Karapani looks like he could be a really good winger. A bit of T'oo vibes with how he can get through work coming out of his half.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Despite everything, we’re not the only ones who have had some dodgy results. Sharks and Redcliffe have played above themselves so far this season, and the table is close. We’re just 4 points off the top team as it stands, yet we’ve not hit top form yet.
The trouble is I don't think where we are on the table is a reflection of where we are as a team, or that we've been unlucky. On the contrary, luck went our way enough times to get us here. Along with some freakish flashes of brilliance, mostly from Reece and Ezra.

We have as many highly talented players as any other club, but it's only taken an injury to an outside back to throw us off our game. Our squad is not balanced and it's hurting us. Notably, we failed to replace Kurt Capewell.

That said, if we can return to 2023 defence and quit coughing up the ball so much (Reece), we're still in this.

Unread

Active Now

• Organix
  • Allo
  • Mr Fourex
  • Brocko
  • Rambstien
  • The Boss
  • Pablo
  • Behind enemy lines
  • broncs30
  • Battler
  • bert_lifts
  • Lozza
  • Galah
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.