PRE-GAME [Round 14, 2024] Broncos vs Sharks

Oh right, I didn't realise we were sitting in 14th.
Just saying winning more games than you lose isn't enough to save a coach's job. It's not a high bar.

For the life of me, I cant figure out what Kev’s thinking is in bringing in Moose into his fold. For mine, he doesn’t fit into what has been going on for us.
Hope, Kev realises it & brings in someone else.

Yeah I don’t think Moose was the right choice either. Dunno if it’s just coincidence but we were making al the right moves with Ikin at the club.

Not like he is full time right just calls him in when he needs him I thought?

Not like he is full time right just calls him in when he needs him I thought?
Correct... refer below from 1910... I don't think they would bring in a full time wrestling coach halfway through the year... would want them there for all of preseason

McGuire isn't full-time, he's just on call now and then with KW.

This sharks game now becomes massive... potential top 4 teams are dropping games all around us, but now there is a huge logjam across the ladder.

After that cows win the warriors are now sitting in 13th 3 points off from 4th position... 10 teams within 3 points of each other on the ladder.

We had a shocking loss against the titans, but results means the top 4 is far from gone... we will want Nicho to be rested after origin and it will be a big chance to pick up a win against the odds.

After that it's souths away, another bye, then warriors in NZ, panthers at Suncorp (around the time of Cleary's return) and then dragons without origin players, but at Suncorp.

If we get through sharks and souths with wins, we should have Tristan and Arthars back for warriors in NZ and dragons for origin 3.

The squad needed a serious kick up the ass for the titans, but they have a chance to get everything back on track

This sharks game now becomes massive... potential top 4 teams are dropping games all around us, but now there is a huge logjam across the ladder.

After that cows win the warriors are now sitting in 13th 3 points off from 4th position... 10 teams within 3 points of each other on the ladder.

We had a shocking loss against the titans, but results means the top 4 is far from gone... we will want Nicho to be rested after origin and it will be a big chance to pick up a win against the odds.

After that it's souths away, another bye, then warriors in NZ, panthers at Suncorp (around the time of Cleary's return) and then dragons without origin players, but at Suncorp.

If we get through sharks and souths with wins, we should have Tristan and Arthars back for warriors in NZ and dragons for origin 3.

The squad needed a serious kick up the ass for the titans, but they have a chance to get everything back on track
FWIW: Payne, Patty, Flegler and Reece backed up in the corresponding Sharks game last year, which we won 20:12. Selwyn was rested. I can't remember why.

FWIW: Payne, Patty, Flegler and Reece backed up in the corresponding Sharks game last year, which we won 20:12. Selwyn was rested. I can't remember why.
From memory Selwyn had the hip complaint that kept him out of game 2.

I think Reece and Payne are rest candidates due to their existing niggles.

Reece rested because Cobbo is on the bench.

Payne rested because he's struggled with that knee mid game since he came back so surely he struggles to play 2 games in 4 days.

I think Patty plays limited minutes as well.

We'll definitely need a 4 forward bench for this game.

I recall last year that Patty and Payne played reduced minutes when backing up last year... so we'll need all the bench forwards to step up.

Sharks looked their best against parra when their bench came on

I reckon we will probably see this run out:

1. Cobbo
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Karapani
5. Mariner
6. Mam
7. Madden
8. Baker
9. Walters
10. Jensen
11. Piakura
12. Riki
13. Hetherington

14. Smoothy
15. Willison
16. Hunt
17. Gosiewski

I reckon we will probably see this run out:

1. Cobbo
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Karapani
5. Mariner
6. Mam
7. Madden
8. Baker
9. Walters
10. Jensen
11. Piakura
12. Riki
13. Hetherington

14. Smoothy
15. Willison
16. Hunt
17. Gosiewski
I get a sneaky suspicion there will be a shock selection somewhere. Don't know where but I just reckon there will be. Bad performances happen, but Walters doesn't seem to suffer poor efforts more than once and despite winning the other games it's been poor efforts for a few weeks in a row...

We will avenge last weeks L by thumping Tits when we meet them next in R22. A huge cricket score is waiting in the cards. But first though, irrespective of who plays the next 2 games, we should walk away with W’s.

Active Now

• thenry
  • ostin86
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Skyblues87
  • Big Del
  • FACTHUNT
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Jason Simmons
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.