POST GAME [Round 14, 2024] Broncos vs Sharks

He wasn't at the birth. The kids was born. I get 2 weeks off and then go back to working 6 days a week for a 10th of their income. Ive known dozens of people who have went straight back to work hours later, or at least within a day or 2. He's probably already had a week off with them and is playing in brisbane for a few hours.

If it's the ACTUAL birth I apologise of course, wouldn't ask ANYONE to miss that. But if the kids born it's a completely different story...

Who cares what other people do? Family is more important.

He's entitled to parental leave like any other employee.

We have to get rid of some of the deadwood players.

Far out some last night were dumb.

Not naming players name, as @Wolfie will give me the eye roll emoji again. 😂
Dont make me do it!

We are definitely missing Herbi's metres coming from the back to start our sets, Mariner is not providing enough and Oates just can't hold the ball or eat up the metres like he used to.

Cobbo makes similar metres to Herbie .
Just doesn`t get the penalties for getting smacked in the chops every 3rd run that Herbie does .
They relieve a lot of pressure .

We really are missing Herbies work getting out of our own end. Just need way more metres from our back 5 tbh. Mariner goes sideways too much because he’s so lightweight. Our forwards are always on the back foot because our back 5 are getting folded. Lots to work on but it’s not all doom and gloom just yet.

We really are missing Herbies work getting out of our own end. Just need way more metres from our back 5 tbh. Mariner goes sideways too much because he’s so lightweight. Our forwards are always on the back foot because our back 5 are getting folded. Lots to work on but it’s not all doom and gloom just yet.
I think once Arthars is back that will fix up a bit. I am not saying we have been good the last few games but I do think some people are underestimating the extent of our injuries.

I think once Arthars is back that will fix up a bit. I am not saying we have been good the last few games but I do think some people are underestimating the extent of our injuries.
Injuries paired with the loss of 3 starters and another bench forward from 2023 has meant we’re basically learning to play together again.

He wasn't at the birth. The kids was born. I get 2 weeks off and then go back to working 6 days a week for a 10th of their income. Ive known dozens of people who have went straight back to work hours later, or at least within a day or 2. He's probably already had a week off with them and is playing in brisbane for a few hours.

If it's the ACTUAL birth I apologise of course, wouldn't ask ANYONE to miss that. But if the kids born it's a completely different story...

I wanted to say something ....but I didn't want to be ...the ****. Thanks, for taking on that role. 😉
I agree with what you're saying.

Personally, I had one day off work on the day of the birth.

Who cares what other people do? Family is more important.

He's entitled to parental leave like any other employee.
You're preaching to the wrong person if you're talking about putting family 1st in front of work. I've left multiple higher paying jobs to spend more time with my family and ask the questions about work flexibility BEFORE taking any job I've had since kids. I took longer them the 2 weeks off for my 1st and my friends all said "why?", I realised later what they ment. They want mum and just sleep, the holiday is better to take later, eg when the kids knows where he is...

Everyone does parenting differently but your role as a father in those 1st 2 weeks is to help the mum, not cuddle the kid for 23 hours a day. Um not saying to jump out of the birthing suite while she's in labour. If the kid was born a week ago what do you think he was doing while the game was on exactly? I can 1000000000% guarantee the baby was sleeping, eating or shitting and had NO IDEA he was there. Thats whay they do the 1st 3 months. You cuddle them and teach them and are there for them, you arent breast feeding and you share sleeping responsibilities. They LITERALLY sleep for about 16 hours a day haha. Anyone who has had a kid and is a present father during that period would know that. If he starts missing birthdays, and doesn't spend time with the kid that's what the kids remembers, or do you remember your own birth?

Shame we didnt win it all last year.
Need so much luck to go win a GF looks unlikely now.
yep, after last yr GF everyone was talikng about
getting redemption in next yrs final.🤔
But footy can be like farming.. one great yr can be followed by a lean one..no guarrentees…2015 (9 yrs ago) was the last GF appearence. missing flegg & Palasia

You're preaching to the wrong person if you're talking about putting family 1st in front of work. I've left multiple higher paying jobs to spend more time with my family and ask the questions about work flexibility BEFORE taking any job I've had since kids. I took longer them the 2 weeks off for my 1st and my friends all said "why?", I realised later what they ment. They want mum and just sleep, the holiday is better to take later, eg when the kids knows where he is...

Everyone does parenting differently but your role as a father in those 1st 2 weeks is to help the mum, not cuddle the kid for 23 hours a day. Um not saying to jump out of the birthing suite while she's in labour. If the kid was born a week ago what do you think he was doing while the game was on exactly? I can 1000000000% guarantee the baby was sleeping, eating or shitting and had NO IDEA he was there. Thats whay they do the 1st 3 months. You cuddle them and teach them and are there for them, you arent breast feeding and you share sleeping responsibilities. They LITERALLY sleep for about 16 hours a day haha. Anyone who has had a kid and is a present father during that period would know that. If he starts missing birthdays, and doesn't spend time with the kid that's what the kids remembers, or do you remember your own birth?

You're assuming that the birth of his child was a surprise they had no idea was happening? Broncos flexibility is allowing him time off.

You're also assuming that your experience is the same for all people, which it's absolutely not. People who expect others to put work ahead of everything in life are starting to become outliers thankfully. This terrible work till you die attitude needs to **** right off.

Hell, maybe his kid was born with a medical condition they aren't telling us. Maybe mum didn't fair as well as expected. Who knows? But **** mate, work doesn't matter when you've just had a kid.

Think they might be cactus. Injuries added to the players lost last season is making a hill too far to climb this season. If we get lucky with injuries and get a few players back in the park they will win a few more games but I can’t see them going past week 1 of the finals. Capewell is a big loss, his experience to start games meant Piakura could come off the bench and provide solid impact. Flegs and Palasia maintained the rage in the middle, and Herbie’s speed in attack kept the defence back peddling. All massive losses now when you look at it. Hopefully we can do something in the off season with some smart recruitment.

You're assuming that the birth of his child was a surprise they had no idea was happening? Broncos flexibility is allowing him time off.

You're also assuming that your experience is the same for all people, which it's absolutely not. People who expect others to put work ahead of everything in life are starting to become outliers thankfully. This terrible work till you die attitude needs to **** right off.

Hell, maybe his kid was born with a medical condition they aren't telling us. Maybe mum didn't fair as well as expected. Who knows? But **** mate, work doesn't matter when you've just had a kid.
I clarified that in the very 1st post though... "if his kid is healthy and well" or similar I put...

We could really use Xavier Coates and David Fifita hey.

Wow. We should all defer to your clearly superior knowledge of childbirth, newborn babies and supporting our partners.

Pack it up lads and ladettes. Nothing more to see here.

Frustrated,
Fuming &
Fuckin annoying that performance.

Teams that come in on the back of a bye play with more energy & intent except us. Ffs, Origin guys put in more effort than the dumbfucks who had a 10+ days break.

Absolute dog shit performance.

Active Now

• TwoLeftFeet
  • Dreaglor
  • Financeguy
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Hurrijo
  • Manofoneway
  • Harry Sack
  • DrGee
  • Kenny powers
  • Scdeac
  • Waynesaurus
  • Gaz
  • Nightwatchman
  • thenry
  • LGH
  • bert_lifts
  • lynx000
  • Broncosgirl
  • jarro65
  • Bucking Beads
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.