POST GAME [Round 14, 2024] Broncos vs Sharks

The only positive is, we played the ladder leaders, had one of the worst halves of the season and kept the margin to 10.

Backing up from origin without our halfback or fullback, I'm actually not too pissed about it.
And the negative side. Ladder leading team had been flogged their previous two matches, scoring just once.

Anyway, the YouTube algorithm keeps throwing up Broncos match replays of last year's games and it's depressing to watch how far we've regressed.

There was some good times last year.

it’s the ghost of Isaako
No Way Reaction GIF by WWE

That’s about the only positive, that they didn’t let it blow out completely. In saying that, Cronulla made plenty of errors of their own.
I said it during the game but I didn’t feel Cronulla had any creative attack at all tonight without hynes. They just kept it simple and bashed us. We don’t have our main playmakers but we also don’t have a bashing game either. The storm or panthers put 50 on us tonight.

Yeah I'll fucking bite. That's rich coming from how well your joke of a team played tonight. Don't start.

Don't get the hate for Gojetski, he was passable, as were a few others. But the whole general attitude sucks. We haven't outenthused or outenergised a team all year. We have looked tired all season. Lacking aggression. Lacking size. Get dominated in the ruck. 1 out running won't do it.

Shadow of the team we were last year. Shit needs to change in a big fucking hurry.
A little touchy. Come join the dark side...

Name me a winger who catches every ball they go up for though. Its going to happen to the very best and that tap back wasn't the worst thing he could have done and he's copping shit for that in particular based on another player missing his assignment. I dont think its harsh to be critical of him, i think its harsh that he is clearly being singled out by some people here when others were a lot worse.

He's in a bit of a no win situation these days as he's a player who's best days are behind him and is just a backup player. We literally dont have another winger at the club available who would be performing any better right now. Thats not his fault, and he always gives 100%. He's still doing a solid job, but he's not going to pull off the things he used to do.
He's copping it because it was an unorthodox move. If he did it because he doesn't have the confidence to contest kicks, that's a concern and you can understand why others would want to consider alternatives. If he failed to defuse the kick that's one thing and these things happen. However when you attempt a risky play, you've got to cop the criticism that comes along when it doesn't pay off.

I tend to agree on the latter and feel when it comes to the wing stocks it's a matter of pick your poison.

Other teams are full of grubs and thugs. We’re just a team full of nice guys. No mongrel what so ever. Look at our current captain, elite player but just the nicest guy ever. Cronulla bullied us in the second half and nobody could do a thing about it.
Yep, that’s my take on it too. We are getting bullied left right & centre.

The other thing is I was waiting for Mariner to get that one opportunity to show us his pace down the wing. He never seemed fully commited to that run, despite everything we’ve been told about his pace. It shows the lack of confidence in this team right now.

From game one this season things have not been right.

He's copping it because it was an unorthodox move. If he did it because he doesn't have the confidence to contest kicks, that's a concern and you can understand why others would want to consider alternatives. If he failed to defuse the kick that's one thing and these things happen. However when you attempt a risky play, you've got to cop the criticism that comes along when it doesn't pay off.

I tend to agree on the latter and feel when it comes to the wing stocks it's a matter of pick your poison.

I'm not sure its a confidence thing, dont think Oatsey has any issues there. I think he made the decision it was a safe option but who knows. For all we know he may have got a call from Sailor.

Yep, that’s my take on it too. We are getting bullied left right & centre.

The other thing is I was waiting for Mariner to get that one opportunity to show us his pace down the wing. He never seemed fully commited to that run, despite everything we’ve been told about his pace. It shows the lack of confidence in this team right now.

From game one this season things have not been right.
I’m guessing the most recent pre season was a lot different to the one before in terms of focus and intensity. Take Billy Walters for example, he came back late and then went for an American tour to promote the game to the LA rams.

Add the hype and expectation of being runners up and what you have is a team that never really prepared well or got their heads back into the game. Going to Vegas didn’t help this team either.

Baker and Gosevski don’t play broncos style footy. They don’t offer much apart from “defend the lead” type crap, and they are not good at that either. They really need to go.
Mam didn’t inject himself at all, except for maybe 1 or 2 plays in 80 mins. This was the most surprising thing…..I wonder if Origin got to him in a bad way or if his halfback doesn’t get him involved in like Reyno does.
We barely did our regular sweep plays which I find interesting. With Sailor there with speed, it should have done some kind of damage.
Mariner had a shocker and needs a rocket for sure.
Unfortunately Oates is passed it and we seriously need Arthars back.

I wish we didn’t lose Taupau, he offers so much more than the first blokes mentioned but I’ll admit I don’t know where his form is at.

I like Madden but jeez I feel like his style of play is very different to Reyno, so I don’t understand the comparisons. I’m not very confident to the post Reyno era.

GL to Willison with having his kid but we really missed him off the bench.

We get bashed and we lost that intimidation factor when we lost Flegler who was the enforcer of the pack. Even Palasia was providing that.

No one has stepped up to take that role.

We're seeing why it's important to have an enforcer in the pack.

Feels like we were pretty flat this time last year but we managed to turn it around. It’s gonna be really interesting to see how this season shapes up for us. Just need to get some consistency in the key parts of our game.

Whatever mate. You still play the percentages and play the safer option in defence. Like i said, you have an agenda, and you arent objective. No matter what he does you arent going to give him any credit. I get it, everything is Corey's fault.
Corey's the winger it's his job to make those tackles for Piakura and Cobbo.
He should of been making 30 metres a set, leading the line speed and putting Hunt on his ass whenever he took a run.
It was his job to get us out of our own half and make others hold the ball.
He probably should of stitched Riki back up and gave the halftime speech as well.

I think reyno being on the field consistently is one if the main differences between this season and the last. That steady hand guiding things.

I’m confused boys, I love Kevie but at the same time, I feel like other coaches are doing alot more with half the roster we have…. Like I said I love Kevie, but has he just been gifted a great roster and that’s why he’s performing? A forward pack with Haas n carrigan shouldn’t be getting dominated like we are

I'm scratching my head over Sailor, a few good games but outside of that I doubt if we didn't have injuries in the backs he would be there period. Not an NRL grade player.
And to think at the start of the season, people were calling for him to be a bench option.

Get fucked Kevin Walter's.

Just read the Murdoch press.

It's the same old, I'm confused Kevin face. Trotting out the same old excuses.

Kevin will be here in 2025. None of his coaching staff will be.

And to think at the start of the season, people were calling for him to be a bench option.
At the start of the year he played out of his skin. When Walsh had the facial fracture, he did really well. He's come crashing down hard since then and hasn't had a good game for us since.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Robboi_321
  • Strop
  • Waynesaurus
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncosgirl
  • broncsgoat
  • Kev_Guz
  • Skyblues87
  • Allo
  • Wolfie
  • Stix
  • Broncosarethebest
  • GCBRONCO
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
  • BroncoFan94
  • Gaz
  • Cavalo
  • heartly87
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.