Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Doesn't the bunker need conclusive evidence to overrule the onfield decision? I don't feel we can confirm that the ball hit Crichton, there isn't any video evidence that we've seen to confirm it. Unless @Big Pete is right and they've got angles we haven't seen, I just don't think it's conclusive enough to confirm a knock on. And I'd say that if it was the other way around with the Rabbitohs getting robbed.

Remember how last year they'd cut to the actual bunker and show you all the different screens they would look at? That's their reference guide. 9/Fox take one or two of those feeds to give you the impression that's all they're looking at.

I remember Vossy going on a huge rant about it when he was calling one of the Channel 9 feeds last year.

I don't think it was a loose carry. Poor security, maybe. I think the ball got whacked by Walker, that's why it came loose, that's why it spun around, that's why the knock-on was the correct call. Even if we wanted to be pedantic and say Moga had the ball with sufficient security, and Walker's actions constitute a strip, well it's legal in that situation and therefore it bobbling and spinning still counts as a knock-on.

It doesn't need to be conclusive.

Just sufficient evidence. That's the fine print. There was enough evidence to say knock on.

Moving on...

I didn't realise how well Thaiday played. His tackle on Burgess' after Souths second try was inspirational and he was coming up with a lot of 1%ers during the contest. His try was well deserved and really well orchestrated from the Broncos. It goes to show what can happen when you allow Milford to roam around the field.

We know how bad Milford's shoulder is, but any word on Korbin's nose? The poor guy couldn't cop a break.

Back to Milford, and that set-up for Kahu was class. There really wasn't a lot doing for the Broncos, the play had broken down after a sloppy pass from dummy half the tackle before. Milford just got his hands on the football, managed to read the situation perfectly and set up a vital two points.

I wasn't overly impressed with the final 15 minutes. After the short kick-off, Souths were there for the taking. Just a couple of poor options, silly mistakes and cheap penalties hurt us. One play I wanted to highlight was Milford's grubber kick in the 65th minute. Not only was it a poor option, the execution of the kick wasn't great as Milford didn't dig in enough to give his chasers time or hold up the defence. It's that attention to detail that he has to work on with his grubbers, his choice of angles and habit of kicking early is why he often finds the legs of his opponents.

That nearly backfired spectacularly but Walker dropped it cold. Even though the mistake was on Walker, I'm not sure if the break would have been as fatal as it first looked. Aaron Gray decided to run back in-field for whatever reason, which may have tripped Cody up. I'm not entirely sure what to make of Aaron...he's a powerful runner of the footy and he bumped off some defenders on the night but he makes some bizarre choices.

He isn't like Kahu who came up with a huge play at the death. After Crichton smashed Korbin's nose into a million pieces, Souths went left where Bryson Goodwin had done well to force an offload. However, Kahu managed to get a hand to it and knock it back. I'm sure others picked up on it, the referees certainly did but I missed that detail. It's amazing that the referees could pick up on something like that and yet miss a blatant tackle in mid-air, say what you will but that non-call helped Souths score that early second half try. They defended really well off of that tackle, forcing McCullough to put in a danty looking long kick which put them back into prime field position.

One of the reasons why I was so confused about the Darius' criticism was because of his lead-up work for the Moga No Try. The entire opportunity basically came because of a strong kick-return from Darius where he was able to maintain his feet despite the attention of three defenders. His good play the ball got Brisbane rolling that set, forced a repeat set and Darius bobbed up on both sides of the field, before timing a beautiful pass. For his efforts alone, the Broncos should have scored but Tautau's loose carry happened to be penalised on that occasion.

I wasn't overly impressed with the final 15 minutes. After the short kick-off, Souths were there for the taking. Just a couple of poor options, silly mistakes and cheap penalties hurt us. One play I wanted to highlight was Milford's grubber kick in the 65th minute. Not only was it a poor option, the execution of the kick wasn't great as Milford didn't dig in enough to give his chasers time or hold up the defence. It's that attention to detail that he has to work on with his grubbers, his choice of angles and habit of kicking early is why he often finds the legs of his opponents.

On that Milford grubber, I got the impression that he felt that he had no other better option to kick and decided to drill the ball as hard as he could to perhaps get a drop from Souths with a fast awkward bouncing ball. Agree, it probably wasn't the right option though.

I think we know he can kick well, especially short kicking, just needs to work on his decision making.

Just out of curiosity, everyone is calling for Blair to move to lock and McGuire to prop. But if they are both on the field and doing the job/plays required of them what difference does it make? I mean aside from the fact that one plays 80 minutes and the other 50 or so. I mean you can't expect either of them to make awesome plays every time they touch the ball. ELI5 pluz [emoji4]

cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpeg

Thats the hit from Hunt on Moga ouch

Just out of curiosity, everyone is calling for Blair to move to lock and McGuire to prop. But if they are both on the field and doing the job/plays required of them what difference does it make? I mean aside from the fact that one plays 80 minutes and the other 50 or so. I mean you can't expect either of them to make awesome plays every time they touch the ball. ELI5 pluz [emoji4]

It's more of a symbolic issue. Numbers don't really matter, but I'd rather McGuire take the first or second carry than him taking it later in the set. Blair is the far more skillful player and I'd rather make use of his skill-set than McGuire who can be good but isn't at that level.

150839-112576-skin_super.jpg

Though I guess we just ended the argument as to whether it was a knock-on or not. How could the ball come away from his grasp and spin, yet he doesn't lose contact? The answer is skin.

Active Now

• theshed
  • Xzei
  • pennywisealfie
  • Hurrijo
  • Sproj
  • Painin the Haas
  • Foordy
  • ivanhungryjak
  • BroncosAlways
  • Wolfie
  • Rookie Alan
  • Mr Fourex
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.