Round 14 - Broncos vs Raiders - Build Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glenn named captain.

Meat77 may now insert gold star on Jeba's forehead.

Coxy said:
Glenn named captain.

Only when he runs out on the field...

Meat77 said:
Coxy said:
Glenn named captain.

Only when he runs out on the field...

I don't think Jeba wants a fine from Suncorp Stadium for that....

I dunno - he seems pretty desperate for attention at the moment! [icon_razz1

Don't like the Reed to the backrow move. Seems silly to me. Our backline was already weak and now it is weaker.

Meat77 said:
I dunno - he seems pretty desperate for attention at the moment! [icon_razz1

Nope. Just credit where it's due [icon_wink

Copley in the centres? Really? Did the fact that he got completely shown up time after time in defense against manly not say to the coaching staff that he isn't good enough to play centre. He pretty much shouldn't be in the team in my opinion. Does anyone see what the coaches see in Copley? He has had 3 games this yr that were complete shockers and the others he has hardly done anything.

Reed has been killing it at centre, why would they move him to the back row? Really worried about the game now with this team, hopefully we can stand up and win this one.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Gillett play and Reed to move back to the centers

BroncoMatt said:
It wouldn't surprise me to see Gillett play and Reed to move back to the centers
I hope this is true! We need as many players as we can get.

Many sides use their lock to defend in the middle of the park - almost a defensive front row position ( Paul Gallen et al ). Others like to place them wider in defence - 1 position in from the traditional centre spot.

Most sides defend with their key playmaker in the traditional centre position.

As old RBY has been saying for years, the notion of positions and numbers that restrict a player to a 'position' is very outdated.

The Reed 13 role is a nothing.

He will defend on the edges, probably 1 in from his normal spot. No great change for him.
Of the 11, 12 and 13 named, I would suggest that Glenn and Reed would defend on either edge ( like left and right second rowers ) with Carlaw defending in the 'new lock' position - in tight in the middle like a front rower ( the Gallen version of lock ) .

If Carlaw was named as number 13, that would have caused a bigger stir with our analysts.

Watch the modern game folks and forget positions and numbers.

This will be a slog. If the forecast is right it'll be cold windy and wet all day tomorrow. Those conditions would normally favour Canberra but I think they are mentally shot after last week's loss.

It's important we somehow jag a win tomorrow. It'll be very tough to beat St George on Friday less than 48 hours after Origin II.

so cut. woke up so sick. didnt even drink last night in preparation for a big day at the game.

ah well, least its live on fox

go broncs

At least the weather seems to be clearing :)

I'm looking forward to hopefully seeing Wallace have a big game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Hurrijo
  • Organix
  • bb_gun
  • Totally Unr3al
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Old Mate
  • GCBRONCO
  • Wolfie
  • Lurker
  • blacknwhite
  • Johnny92
  • Ozired
  • thenry
  • TimWhatley
  • broncsgoat
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.