vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not Bennett's pick, that's my pred... never mind. Yeah, Bennett, why do you keep picking Reed???? (Shakes fist).

Please accept my apology Morkie for that error . Was getting just a bit frusyrated ,an didnt read your posting correctly.

LOL...just saw this.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 57
BRONCOS NRL TEAM

1. Darius Boyd

2. Corey Oates
3. Jack Reed
4. James Roberts
5. Jordan Kahu
6. Anthony Milford
7. Ben Hunt
8. Josh McGuire
9. Travis Waddell
10. Sam Thaiday
11. Alex Glenn
12. Matt Gillett
13. Corey Parker ©

Interchange:

14. Jarrod Wallace

15. Tevita Pangai Jnr
16. Adam Blair
17. Kodi Nikorima

Coach: Wayne Bennett

Thaiday playing awful, lets reward him by giving him a starting spot..

Blair to the bench with Thaiday starting.....

...interesting ???

Does Reed have photos of somebody important in an unnatural position with a goat?

Was really hoping Jack Reed would be dropped... But at least Tevita Pangai Jr is in the team.

Doesn't really make sense to me honestly, we bought Blair to play a poor mans James Graham role, which is precisely what he does, good at starting the sweeping plays, great offload, good defensively - We didn't buy him to make 150 metres a game..

So virtually we dropped him to the bench because the other 4 forwards aren't doing their jobs and making enough metres.

I'm glad TPJ kept his bench spot, he's provided some real impact, hopefully Joe goes back to QCUP and plays a bunch of 80 minute games, puts on a few kilos of muscle.. and we can get him back in towards the end of the season.

I don't get switching Blair/Thaiday either. Particuarly with McCullough out.

I would imagine that Bennett has tossed a coin between dropping Joffa and Reed and once again the Pom gets lucky as he always does. I don't see the point in having Blair off the bench. If he is sucking (which he is), drop him completely and play Wallace in the starting side (he has earned it) and put Thaiday and Ese'ese on the bench. Let them settle and give Reed through to the end of the origin period I guess. See if Oates there makes him play better and if not, after origin he's out and Anderson or Seve or Opacic in.

it may not happen yet but i heard today that reed may be having a holiday back in q cup... wait and see i guess

Should stay there permanently. Hope Wayne is on the lookout for a replacement

Pretty glad to see Ofa dropped. He has really had some pretty ordinary performances of late. Hopefully its the kick up the ass he needs. If Oates doesn't make Reed play better outside of him, then its time to drop him and shift Kahu over to centre. As for Roberts, he just needs to get more involved and call for the ball more often and actually use his outside man when he does get the ball instead of going himself every time. If he wants to do that, then just put him on the wing instead.

I feel dirty for saying it, but I'm glad Waddell is available and picked. While I don't necessarily mind Mcguire at hooker short term, I think we lose too much without him at prop.

I'm kind of happy Blair has been benched, might be the kick up the arse he needs to get back into gear. Also happy that TPJ is seemingly keeping his spot over Offa who was pretty damn poor last week.

Next on my wishlist is for Reed to be dropped (Maranta was only ever injury cover anyway) and Roberts too if he doesn't play like he wants to be part of the team. We didn't buy Roberts to take 4 runs a game when he gets the ball, the best players get involved, they find a way to be involved if they have to. I just don't feel he's giving 100% to the team every week.

Perhaps Blair on the bench is a decision to improve our defence in the middle third when our forwards start to tire and the opposition brings on fresh forwards, and for when Niko comes on who isn't really that good defensively.

I don't know.

It's a weird one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Dony Eliakim
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Browny
  • Gaz
  • blacknwhite
  • Brocko
  • Wolfie
  • Jazza
  • FACTHUNT
  • Foordy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Big Del
  • RolledOates
  • Fitzy
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Galah
  • marw
... and 18 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.