PRE-GAME Round 14 - Eels vs Broncos

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Ponga but he isn't available yet. Drinkwater is available and will be dirt cheap, it makes so much sense.

They want a player trade i believe and i cant see anyone we have they would want and thats the problem. Cowboys have Jensen who Storm are looking at, but for some reason Cows wont trade him.

Moving nikorima on has come back to bite us big time.
Maybe a little. If he'd have been on the bench instead of Macca, yeah we might've won by 2. But you wouldn't want to go back to having him at halfback.

SOS is a proper halfback and Segy is terrific from the bench. We've got this.

Last edited:
I don't think so. It's one position we have good depth in and the depth we have, they are going to be stars.

They are all unproven and the most promising one is now injured. Some might become stars down the track but who would you play next Saturday against parra?

They want a player trade i believe and i cant see anyone we have they would want and thats the problem. Cowboys have Jensen who Storm are looking at, but for some reason Cows wont trade him.

Broncs have Mago, he could become fantastic in the Storm system.

I agree. We played 70mins without a halfback and it showed. I don’t think you could say that one single bronco player played well yesterday. Not one maybe apart from Turpin.

I agree that with what Turpin has shown so far he should be our future at 9 but to blame that loss on McCollough entirely is delusional and I’m probably one of his biggest critics!!

Forwards didn’t run hard, we missed tackles, Conceded some stupid penalties and far too many 7 tackle sets. We bombed two tries that I can think of. Macca can’t be blamed for all of that.
What you say makes sense. It's what nearly everyone was telling me before Macca got injured. Then suddenly he's out, and the team turned around just like I said it would. Macca drags the team down in a way you can't really see until he's not there.

Blocker put it best: "the Broncos seem to be just going through the motions." That's the Macca effect.
[automerge]1560152005[/automerge]
I just don't see Isaako as a fullback. He could be a centre but I just don't think he has the tools for fullback. Sign Drinkwater for two years until Ponga is available.

Google is our friend.

Last edited:
What you say makes sense. It's what nearly everyone was telling me before Macca got injured. Then suddenly he's out, and the team turned around just like I said it would. Macca drags the team down in a way you can't really see until he's not there.

Blocker put it best: "the Broncos seem to be just going through the motions." That's the Macca effect.
[automerge]1560152005[/automerge]

Google is our friend.

View attachment 5484

I don't understand why you have replied with that to me. I'm well aware he has played fullback and sees himself as a fullback but I clearly said I don't rate him as a fullback didn't I?

with the injuries we have ATM. i would go with this against the Eels:

1. Isaako - Only out of necessity, Darbs is past it as an FB and we have no one else.
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Boyd - past it as an FB, but can still offer us something at center
5. Kennar
6. Milford
7. O'Sullivan
8. Lodge
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Fifita
12. Gillett
13. Carrigan

14. Segeyaro
15. Flegler
16. TPJ.
17. Su'a

I don't understand why you have replied with that to me. I'm well aware he has played fullback and sees himself as a fullback but I clearly said I don't rate him as a fullback didn't I?
The word you used was "see." I can't read your mind.

Nothing I've seen from Isaako tells me he'll be a good fullback. He's barely holding on the wing position right now. Kennar was easily more impressive than him.

Active Now

• marw
  • Midean
  • Brotherdu
  • Fatboy
  • Pablo
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Spike
  • Manofoneway
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.