PRE-GAME Round 14 - Eels vs Broncos

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

My guess is Segy will play plenty of games after this next one. McCullough has to produce the spark that Segy is known for or Siebold will see little point in having McCullough come on as a benchy.

On appearance Siebold has a formula and his hooker ingredient is a Cook like player and he only has that in Turps and Segy. I doubt McCullough will get many chances to produce a spark when he plays. My bet is McCullough will be left out of the side sooner than most think. I'm a shit judge!

He’s had so many chances. Enoughs enough. Even after last weeks effort he’s still getting picked. We can’t keep waiting for him to come good. It isn’t going to happen.

Even if we were in form and on top of the ladder, I would still be worried about this game.

The Eels are a bogey side for us. They tend to bring out the worst in us.

Even if we were in form and on top of the ladder, I would still be worried about this game.

up here ... we have a 68% winning record against them in Sydney

Eels are another mystery side. They have a lot of inexperience like us, so you never know if they'll come out firing, or they'll come out looking like they don't want to be there.

At least they don’t have a Fijian winger that’ll embarrass us anymore

it does make you wonder that reports a few weeks ago was that Isaako would be dropped to play fullback in ISC. If that wasn’t early warnings signs that Seibold doesn’t have much faith in Boyd then I’m not sure what is. I wonder what our team looks like if Bird stays fit and Isaako gets a month of fullback experience under his belt.

I still think after last week Boyd needs to **** off out of fb. Either play wing or centre for the rest of the year than hang them up.

it does make you wonder that reports a few weeks ago was that Isaako would be dropped to play fullback in ISC. If that wasn’t early warnings signs that Seibold doesn’t have much faith in Boyd then I’m not sure what is. I wonder what our team looks like if Bird stays fit and Isaako gets a month of fullback experience under his belt.

I still think after last week Boyd needs to **** off out of fb. Either play wing or centre for the rest of the year than hang them up.

Anyone know if that ended up happening? I don't remember any of the regular ISC followers in here posting up how he went.

He did get dropped, but it was the Residents rep round and ISC had a week off, then he was recalled to first grade the following week so never had a game there.

Yeah, that's what I thought must have happened.

If SOS goes ok as I expect him too, why not put him in the 6 when Tom comes back with Milf going back to 1 where he was killing it at the Raiders. Always think Milf doesn’t look happy at 6. Herbie could come in for Isaako until he lifts. Herbie has speed and kicked 8 out of 8 fortnight back.

If SOS goes ok as I expect him too, why not put him in the 6 when Tom comes back with Milf going back to 1 where he was killing it at the Raiders. Always think Milf doesn’t look happy at 6. Herbie could come in for Isaako until he lifts. Herbie has speed and kicked 8 out of 8 fortnight back.
If that is the plan Milf will need a whole preseason to get back to being a 1. As his body shape isn't suited to the position anymore.

I wouldn't say that Milf is unhappy at 6... I think he's probably revelling in the challenge. His kicking game has improved and he's starting to take ownership inside the opposition 20.

He just hasn't had a preseason the last 2 years and hasn't really had a good halfback partner.

Milf has to improve and expand his game if he's going to be anything in this league and I think some of this running through the middle close to the line is a good sign of that. His kicking game has been great this year especially his short kicking. He just needs some support from the spine.

Having a 1 who's only effective on the sweep and a 9 (Macca) offering zero through the middle really puts the entire attacking emphasis back onto him.

The issue last week was losing Dearden after 6 mins... there literally couldn't have been a worse injury occur, except for Milf himself.

Dearden was starting to get more involved as evidenced by the warriors game. It's likely over the bye they worked hard on the halves partnership. Suddenly Dearden goes down, which brings the Molasses onto the field and moves Turps to 7.

Based on that we lose our spark out of 9, our manager out of 7 and put all the emphasis back onto Milf.

I think the move of Macca into 9 was the most logical at the time (Macca can play 80, Turps played 7 in his juniors and could be a risk to play out 80), but I think at halftime when we were looking lacklustre Macca should've been moved to 7 and act as the man to get them around the field and support the kicking game, Turps providing spark through the middle and Milf to look for opportunities to attack with the burden of getting the team around removed.

Milf isn't a 1

Milf isn't a 1

Lockyer was a half in his junior days, and killed it once thrown in the deep end at the back.

A talented half can cover that position, I think Milford can and should. He did it before for Canberra when their regular fullback was out injured, he blitzed the comp then and we took notice. What's to say he won't do it again instead of being dumbed down as a serviceable 5/8?

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • bazza
  • Cavalo
  • Xzei
  • Fitzy
  • Broncorob
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Justwin
  • Broncosgirl
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Harry Sack
  • Fozz
  • heartly87
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Skyblues87
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • Aldo
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.