Round 14 - Eels vs Broncos

still dont think milford is a million dollar half. hes a good player sure but after his contract ends i would be offering him 700 at most and if he doesnt like that i dont think i would be that sad to see the back of him
Not disagreeing with you entirely on his contract but the problem is halves are able to play their game on a few factors.
These include a strong defensive platform, attitude, partly experience, forward momentum etc etc.

5 minutes to go and you’re 28 down. Throw it around ffs

Also, no game n xt weekend. Probably good for all our players to have a break. They didn't show up today so maybe giving them 2 weeks will help.

Why didn’t someone punch his head in after he knocked Oates on his ass. Boyd gave him a nanna lecture and all our forwards just stood around doing nothing.

Exactly. At least grab him by the throat and show some authority

Gutho did enough to kill that, we don't need to go on about the winger who did **** all.

I'm not sure if Shiba will ever score a try... something just happens everytime to deny him.

Showed good pace then to get away from gutho and then gets a last ditch ankle tap

Yow Yeh was the best of the ‘class of 2008’ and McGuire probably second best, but that generation we chose (as opposed to those we didn’t...) were massively over-rated. We never won squat with them and most of them have since been moved on and have done preciously little elsewhere either.

I seriously hope I’m not seeing history repeating itself with this new generation, but I’m starting to wonder...

We just need to get in a few battle hardened players now to help these young blokes along. I really dont see any issue with most of them, they have a lot of quality, but they wont do it every week.

I know what i'd do with this squad, but it wouldnt happen.

We need to sign some players or it will be the same shit next year

Also, no game n xt weekend. Probably good for all our players to have a break. They didn't show up today so maybe giving them 2 weeks will help.

The bye was what fucked us in the first place

Last edited:
We weren't exactly playing well though. We were defending, but we scored 1 try against the warriors and only 2 the week before.

Basically every half is $1m though now. It's not rare. And the few that are on less will be much closer to 1m on next contract. That's the market at the moment.

We lose Milford and then what? SOS and Dearden? Neither of who have a try assist...

i agree with you sure but i dont think i have ever seen milford put in 80 minute performance hes like hayne he goes missing for it. he should be chasing the ball on both sides of the field like a pearce does. this shuold be HIS team he should want it in his hands multiple times a set.

yet even after all these years more often then not there periods in the game were he doesn't touch the ball once in a set.

i just dont see us winning a premiership with him. Although i guess in saying that we were literally 1 tackle away from winning one so maybe im being over dramatic.

Sua should hit someone now. 2 min to go and hes not playing next couple games anyway

Active Now

• Allo
  • Skathen
  • bert_lifts
  • jtupu17
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.