Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Kahu's defence and offence in the centers was horrendous last year. Go and take a look at comments after rd 1 against the drags when prior to that everyone thought he'd be the saviour for our backline.

His only usefulness at the moment is taking high balls and that's because Isaako and Oates are 50/50 on every bomb... maybe even less

I thought Shiba went pretty well last night.. he put Isaako away twice, one leading to Gillett's try and almost had his own with a surprising turn of pace (something Kahu has zero of) only a last ditch ankle tap from Gutho stopped him

There was something off about that right side defence last night... several times SOS and Isaako ended up in front of Shiba. It may have been the new combination or a lack of communication I'm not sure, but having the defensive line doing 2 different things will always spell disaster and goes against what Shiba has shown thus far.

I just think overall their is a huge lacking of intensity in the team, which has basically been present since 2016. Turpin was the only one with line speed and getting over the advantage line but no one wanted to go with him.

You can tell pretty early in a game whether we're going to get the shit Broncos or the good Broncos, which is not good enough. Total lack of heart in this team and it pisses me off... no point taking pot shots at 1 or 2 players when it's the whole fucking squad not putting in.

Even Fifi has failed to step up when he's been given the starting second row spot the last 2 weeks... it was his opportunity to jump the pack and claim the starting spot, but apparently Fifi's only goal this year was making origin
Fantastic post, and great analysis of shibasaki/right side defence last night. You've swayed me to give him ONE last chance, only due to his defence prior to this and the tough metres/runs he takes. But it is definitely his last in my eyes. He was great defensively in the games we won and that's what won us those games.

Isaako needs time in QLD cup though. He will be back in some form but his confidence is totally shot, he needs 3 to 4 weeks in QLD cup, which would hopefully give us a better fullback option for the year by end of that stint too.

If these guys suck they should and can be dropped, I expect at least 1 of them to be. The major issue is boyd, he needs to go. I wouldn't mind him at centre but that's it.

Last edited:
Its pretty easy to see the problem.

We were playing great...... until Andrew McCullough came back into the side.

We're going to have to find an off field role for him to play until his contract winds up ....or

we're going to have to injure him again

and this time, for good.

Last edited:

We're going to have to find an off field role for him to play until his contract winds up ....or

and this time, for good.
It sounds like you put a hit on him.

and this time, for good.

Athletes are a funny breed. The psychological aspect of a team is a mystery that no science can figure out. The smallest change in environment can put everything in a mess. Enter Macca. Why change a winning formula I don’t know.

It sounds like you put a hit on him.

7CE93CD9 F631 4F70 B47A 4F0BA316D587

Hodgo would bring passion
Well maybe Hodges and Kevin if seibold doesn't work out. But yeah I think Hodges would be good .
[automerge]1560668278[/automerge]
Forwards ran like bitches. When we offloaded we didn’t look to attack we just ran back where the offload came from and got tackled 1m further up the field. Jesus Christ I’m so sick of seeing Shibasaki in the team. He is shit. Offers nothing at all in attack and his defence was poor.

To think our starting centres at the start of the season were Roberts and Bird. Now look at us. Please put Fifita in the centres or something. Look at the try that Roberts set up last night for Souths. We don’t have anyone who can do that.

We don’t have a genuine superstar that can break a game open. We need a Munster / Ponga / Tedesco / RTS type player that can make something from nothing. Until that happens we lose more then we win.

2019 is all but over if you ask me. I’d say it’s more helpful if we don’t make the 8. Likes of Boyd & McCollough will hopefully get the tap on the shoulder.
That player is supposed to be Milford.

Last edited:
Maybe Seibold is a dud, I guess we'll find out as the season goes on and the next one begins. I don't agree with a lot of what is going on but still want to remain optimistic that in the long run this is going to pay off, but who knows!

What if Kevvy was the right choice and he knows what it takes to get players up for footy matches and that's why we were always in it in 2015. Who knows the real story about why he quit as assistant maybe Bennett wanted him gone and has compromising pictures of Kevvy but I can see why they were hesitant to hire him after pulling that garbage against us when we needed him most.

Ah well, we'll see how it plays out but who would be suprised if Kevvy takes QLD to a clean sweep and Seibold is sitting at 5-10.

and this time, for good.
I’d like the bloke who did it last time step up again!

Do people not remember 2016? A period of 11 games where we lost 8 from 11 and conceded 30+ points 4 times and 40+ points twice.

Still finished 15 and 9 for fifth spot. Don’t see us finishing fifth this season.

Long time fan first-time poster. I think it's pretty clear that we need to get Wayne back from the Rabbitohs to get Boyd and McCullough back to their best and firing again. Why did we do all this work under (wink) the salary cap to let the greatest human being ever to be born in SE Queensland go and coach a rival team to a Premiership? It's ridiculous. Get Andrew Gee to talk to Wanye about coming. It's the only way to save this season.
😳

Do people not remember 2016? A period of 11 games where we lost 8 from 11 and conceded 30+ points 4 times and 40+ points twice.
Colourful and a bit misleading . We lost 3 of those games by a combined margin of 4 points! We also were affected by Origin with two bye rounds, the usual origin hangover doing it's thing. 5 of the losses were away.

It was a tough stretch alright but I don't think it is as dire as it is now. That year we were already on 14 points by round 8!! We had points in the bank and that's what made the comparison you made misleading. The season starts could hardly be more different and that's why this season is worse than anything WB presided over.

Cop out. We were never this bad under Bennett.

Seibold has serious questions over his ability right now and he's not doing much to answer them.

We have 100% went backwards at an alarming rate since Seibold took over. Seibold has won 7 of his last 20 games as a head coach.

It's not the playing group, it's the coaching. Seibold moved Kahu and McGuire on in a hurry, then sacked Roberts, moved on Niko, it was his call to sack all these experienced players and leave us with no depth and low on experience.

He better hope to turn this the **** around. When he takes over from the best coach we've ever had, he better fucking actually deliver. He took the huge money 5 year deal, he best not screw over the fans in the process.

I'm happy to give him until next year but I would want to hear some recruitment news soon. The only signing he's made has been... Kennar? He's let go of a bunch of players without signing anyone. He better have a plan. I hope so anyway.
I believe its been quoted that the decision to sell Moose was made before Siebold arrived.

This is your rebuttal? You'll have to do a bit better than that. You follow the sport more than any of us, surely you can come up with better examples to back up your controversial claim.

It was a tough stretch alright but I don't think it is as dire as it is now. That year we were already on 14 points by round 8!! We had points in the bank and that's what made the comparison you made misleading. The season starts could hardly be more different and that's why this season is worse than anything WB presided over.
Pretty much this, no point me re-writing what Huge has said.

We were also a few seconds from a grand final the year before, that kind of gives the coach/playing group a bit more leeway.

Let's go over the actual games
1 - Melbourne beat us, nothing new there 22-12
2 - Great display against the Cowboys, we were great 29-10
3 - Lose to St Merge by 1 point, we were pretty shit - 25-24
4 - Absolutely embarrassed by the Roosters 36-4
5 - Tigers hand it to us 22-16
6 - Raiders beat us 26-22, I missed this game so don't have a comment
7 - We beat a Sharks team that has a bunch of injuries and their winger on debut handed us like 3 gift trys
8 - Rabbitohs embarrass us - 38-6
9 - We beat Manly who were missing Turbo and DCE - 26-10
10 - We convincingly beat the Roosters 15-10 - Amazing performance
11 - We beat the Warriors 8-2... Less said the better
12 - The only team as bad as the Bulldogs beat us 26-18 without their halfback
13 - The Eels embarrass us 38-10

13 games
5 wins
8 losses

2 of those wins were fantastic, some of the best wins I've seen in years.
2 of those were basically gimme games with the opposition losing key players before the game
1 was against the Warriors where it could have easily gone the other way.

I'm not convinced we even make the 8 this year and that's simply unacceptable for this club. Rebuilding is code word for when you make too many mistakes and you're screwed beyond repair for the short-to-medium term.

I'd like to see Seibold take responsibility or admit some fault. I haven't heard him say he needs to prepare better, change the way we train, work to improve our gameplan. Nothing. All he's done is blame individuals and some mythical private markers. It's making me rapidly lose faith that he actually knows what he's doing but he only needs to answer to have the faith of the board.

He's a rookie coach which means he was always a huge gamble. It's not like he has a first grade track record so all we can do is guess how he'll perform based on what he's said and done.

He's not improved our ruck control, our ball control, our 5th tackle options, our structure in attack, our defence, our resilience. Honestly, we look like the same team as last year, just somehow even dumber, slower, less fit and less committed.

Maybe he just can't work it out with this group of players and needs to make mass changes but that's going to mean at least a couple of years of absolute mediocrity and fighting to stay off the bottom of the ladder so excuse me if I'm fucking annoyed that I'm going to have mostly shitty starts to every weekend for a long time.

Last edited:
We were also a few seconds from a grand final the year before, that kind of gives the coach/playing group a bit more leeway.
I don’t want to cherry pick one small part of your post (even though that’s what I’m about to do), but why should the above allow anyone any leeway whatsoever?

If we won, I could maybe understand because unless we go back to back, there is literally only one way we can go after winning a premiership. But we didn’t, we lost.

Only a defeatist would allow themselves to accept losing a grand final as an excuse for being poor the next year.

If you’re the ultimate competitor, which everyone should be in an elite sporting organisation, it should make you hungrier, not act as a reason for why it’s acceptable to go backwards.

Making the 8 is going to be tough now. The way I see it, there's a clear top 7 already - Roosters, Souffs, Storm, Knights, Raiders, Manly and Sharks. They'll almost certainly be there. Then there are a whole bunch of teams competing for the 8th spot, including us if we can somehow get enough wins.

Active Now

• KateBroncos1812
  • Brocko
  • johnny plath
  • Hurrijo
  • Bucking Beads
  • Johnny92
  • The True King
  • BroncoFan94
  • Jazza
  • winslow_wong
  • Dash
  • Broncosgirl
  • kiwi2
  • Fozz
  • bazza
  • I bleed Maroon
  • levikaden
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.