Round 14 - Raiders vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Herbs i think.....will we score though to need someone to convert...? :kimlo:

we're playing the Raiders ... it will be another u20's like scoreline ... the question is what side of it we'll be on

This will be a tight contest. Both teams are horrible and each have a host of no name players and both teams will finish at or near the bottom of the standings. Curtis Scott is a big omission for them as he has that speed factor.

The thing that could swing it in Canberra's favor is the desperately frigid conditions the city is currently experiencing, the temp is tipped to be forty below at kickoff. But with a high shot or two leveled at the noggins of Bronco players accompanied by a sin binning, the advantage could swing back. Broncos by 4.

Paix is starting to really look improved. Be interesting to see how he goes if he gets another shot at first grade.

On a side note, I can’t believe some of the captains we’ve trotted out in recent weeks. Captain Turpin fmd
I'd love to see Paix get some time. Last year there were some bright spots that seem to developing nicely

The thing that could swing it in Canberra's favor is the desperately frigid conditions the city is currently experiencing, the temp is tipped to be forty below at kickoff. But with a high shot or two leveled at the noggins of Bronco players accompanied by a sin binning, the advantage could swing back. Broncos by 4.
6 degrees is no big deal. Toowoomba gets colder than that.

Karmichael, Herbie and Albert will have trained and played in sub zero, on frosty fields, in snow. It's not hard to stay warm when you're moving. Wind though, that's a whole other thing.

I've never really understood the big deal about teams playing in cold weather. Heat and humidity yes that makes sense, but cold really doesn't. Your body is going to be running hot itself while running around on field anyway, and the crisp air is easier to breathe.

I've never really understood the big deal about teams playing in cold weather. Heat and humidity yes that makes sense, but cold really doesn't. Your body is going to be running hot itself while running around on field anyway, and the crisp air is easier to breathe.
Not if you have asthma

His improvement is massive, I can't wrap him enough over the last 9 weeks. He's happy too. He wants to play hooker and get better and it's showing. No way 12 months ago he makes that run on Saturday night when Jets markers got caught on the ground. He was great and I know ISC teams are doing plenty of work on him and how to shut him down- no way they're doing that 12 months ago either.

The biggest difference is the difference he's making to Souths, before this year wouldn't notice if he was on or off but now it's obvious Souths need him on the field.
Has Steve been an influence

As someone who runs a lot, I find it takes a good 10-15 minutes for your body to really warm up when it’s proper cold. Your hands (particularly fingers) are cold, your feet are cold. Your face is cold, the wind makes your eyes water and your nose run.

From a football perspective, hits hurt more in the cold. It’s harder to catch the ball.

Then after half time, you have to get your body warm all over again.

It would be good if once the team was listed that this post could be at the start of the thread......?

Just took me 20 mins of searching to find this team list.....

p.s How the **** is Alex Glenn still making the team? He's dead in the water and has no future at the club. Its high time he was dropped and we start blooding the younger guys with more minutes.

KHunt......be interesting to see how he goes.

Those wondering about the cold? Ever caught a ball in the cold😳?

As someone who runs a lot, I find it takes a good 10-15 minutes for your body to really warm up when it’s proper cold. Your hands (particularly fingers) are cold, your feet are cold. Your face is cold, the wind makes your eyes water and your nose run.

From a football perspective, hits hurt more in the cold. It’s harder to catch the ball.

I've played in frost. Your ears hurt and you need to keep your hands warm otherwise your fingers go numb.

I can’t see us winning tbh. We just don’t have the experience to compete with most sides who have a few old heads, regardless of form. Any player with a bit of smarts seems to get over us eventually.

I think Hodgson will be too educated for the boys.

The only times where I'm pretty convinced the Broncos are going to lose are when they play the Storm or the week after they just had a win. The Broncos will keep showing up for a game here and there, and it might even be this one, but they can't seem to sustain it for more than 1 week.

6 degrees is no big deal. Toowoomba gets colder than that.

Karmichael, Herbie and Albert will have trained and played in sub zero, on frosty fields, in snow. It's not hard to stay warm when you're moving. Wind though, that's a whole other thing.
It gives Canberra the advantage because their players are adapted to it. They play, train, live, breathe, shit (OK, not shit) in it. A team like Brisbane who feel cold when the afternoon seabreeze blows in on a stinking January day will not enjoy the frosty conditions.

Not that it's a big factor as Brisbane have won plenty of times over the years in the nation's capital. But this is a different Bronco squad and I'm just laying out the excuses beforehand in case of utter annihilation. I'm still tipping a rare Bronco win though.

Btw, 6 degrees in Toowoomba and the same in Canberra feel totally different. Canberra has that Arctic feel to it, the same feeling you get when you land in Vancouver. T'wmba is certainly chilly compared to Brissy but in the scope of things, not really that bad.

I've already said I'm flying down to Canberra for the game tomorrow. My mate there tells me that Canberra is expecting a TOP of 7 degrees today and that there is a cold snap on the way :happy:. Our boys will freeze both figuratively and literally on Saturday night by the sounds of it. Not sure I'll be able to hack the cold sitting there through the game. Hopefully the boys perform well enough to give me that warm glow of victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.