Round 14 - Raiders vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
turns out Coates was correct when he said he wasn't up to Origin standard
...well...if there is one team in the comp that can turn him into a top shelf winger its Melbourne...

Look what they have done with Remis Smith; given him one job to do in the centres and he now does it to perfection...

Give it 6 months and you'll see a totally different Coates next year

Coates is garbage every game he plays. Shouldn’t he in the broncos team and shouldn’t be in the QLD team. The guy doesn’t have a single brain cell.
Only got about 10 more games for us.
Be interesting to see what Melbourne can do with him.
If he kills it down there it will say something about our systems and methods.

...well...if there is one team in the comp that can turn him into a top shelf winger its Melbourne...

Look what they have done with Remis Smith; given him one job to do in the centres and he now does it to perfection...

Give it 6 months and you'll see a totally different Coates next year
Only got about 10 more games for us.
Be interesting to see what Melbourne can do with him.
If he kills it down there it will say something about our systems and methods.
Looked like he was tasked with marking Latrell last night. He seemed to be following him around. We saw who won that contest.

Meanwhile he was so out of position you won't even see him in the frame either time To'o scored. Cleary obviously saw it: he was bulleting passes out that way every chance.

Easiest way to rack up points against Brisbane: send your big men to raid the right, then switch it back to the left and enjoy the yawning three man overlap. If he has 10 more games for us, we can look forward to at least 20 tries scored in his corner.

We could have afforded him though.
To keep going with my analogy:

Sure we could, but then we’d be living out of our Porsche 911, as we’d have to sell the rest of our belongings to do so.

Our cap is fucked. We’ve got Milford, Bird, Macca, Flegler and how many others chewing up massive amounts either playing like shit, reserve grade or at another club altogether. We are constantly looking to offload Lodge.

So sure, we could afford to pay Walsh big dollars, but at what cost? Should we have pawned Haas to keep him? Not signed Reynolds? Kept Dearden (another we are paying to play for someone else)?

Sure we could, but then we’d be living out of our Porsche 911, as we’d have to sell the rest of our belongings to do so.

Our cap is fucked. We’ve got Milford, Bird, Macca, Flegler and how many others chewing up massive amounts either playing like shit, reserve grade or at another club altogether. We are constantly looking to offload Lodge.

So sure, we could afford to pay Walsh big dollars, but at what cost? Should we have pawned Haas to keep him? Not signed Reynolds? Kept Dearden (another we are paying to play for someone else)?
Nah we just wouldn’t have signed Piakura or Hunt.

I am probably going to watch the cowboys game this week just to watch dearden. I reckon he’s a bit of a myth so hope that turns out to be correct

Looks like Jesse Arthars is auditioning to be the backup goalkicker. Never kicked one in a game that I can find.

ScreenE3bSTKyVkAETaca

Also wants to be a fullback (8 mins in)

Looked like he was tasked with marking Latrell last night. He seemed to be following him around. We saw who won that contest.

Meanwhile he was so out of position you won't even see him in the frame either time To'o scored. Cleary obviously saw it: he was bulleting passes out that way every chance.

Easiest way to rack up points against Brisbane: send your big men to raid the right, then switch it back to the left and enjoy the yawning three man overlap. If he has 10 more games for us, we can look forward to at least 20 tries scored in his corner.
...i wonder if i said to our playing group "do you know what the 7/3 is?" if any of them would even understand....

Any wonder they cant mark up or count simple numbers...?

Looks like Jesse Arthars is auditioning to be the backup goalkicker. Never kicked one in a game that I can find.

View attachment 13471

Also wants to be a fullback:

what does an article from over 12 months ago (before Seibold's demolition job was completed) have to do with anything.

when that article was written we were 2 from 2 and looking pretty good

I am probably going to watch the cowboys game this week just to watch dearden. I reckon he’s a bit of a myth so hope that turns out to be correct
For the Broncos sake I hope you’re right.

After last night, for QLD’s sake, I hope he’s every bit as good as he was touted.

Good chance he’ll be right in the middle though.

For the Broncos sake I hope you’re right.

After last night, for QLD’s sake, I hope he’s every bit as good as he was touted.

Good chance he’ll be right in the middle though.
Watch him turn into an Immortal.

Being turned away by the Broncos talent scouts is probably a badge of honour these days.

He says in the interview he came to the Broncos hoping to play fullback. I'm not sure how to explain this any clearer.

once again the interview you posted is from over 12 months ago. (both the written and the video).

what's that got to do with the Raiders game this week.

Nah we just wouldn’t have signed Piakura or Hunt.
Think you might mean Piakura and Hunt.

We got both of them, and change, for what Walsh is getting.

Walsh has proved nothing at this stage, so I’m glad we didn’t match the Warriors. I said as much earlier in another thread:
Given the overall vibe in this thread, I anticipate this won’t be particularly well received.

However, Walsh should think about parking that showboating, looking straight at the camera, swan diving shit when he scores a try until after his balls drop and he’s been in the NRL more than 10mins.

Sure, he might end up being the best fullback to ever lace a boot. But the way his (as 1910 so aptly put it) big dawg manager pumped him up, the fact he was too impatient to even wait a few weeks for an opportunity at the Broncos and that he already looks like a fucking lair, I can’t help but wonder if he’s heading down the same path as Tim Smith.

So I’m happy to wait and see if he really is all that and a bag of po-tay-tow chips before I commit harakiri.
Since then he’s gone on to get suspended for a dog shot.

Kid might be good, but there is a fucking long way to go before he’s $500k / year good.

for those interested ... here is a current interview with Jesse Arthars, rather than @McHunt's badel style clickbait

in response to the questions about fullback (about 4 mins in), he literally says he'll play where the team needs him to play. he's happy playing center right now.

Kid might be good, but there is a fucking long way to go before he’s $500k / year good.

I'm so glad someone is calling this Walsh horse shit for what it is. Niether Walsh or Coates is worth 500k unless you're in the Paul White school of negotiating.

Do you really need me to explain why our roster of potential fullbacks is topical this week, or has the sand backed up so far in your vagina you've become senile?

how about you post the current interview with Arthars rather than one over 12 months old ... probably because you take inspiration from your hero and avoid posting something that doesn't suit your argument

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • GCBRONCO
  • Xzei
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Rambstien
  • HarryAllan7
  • Jedhead
  • Johnny92
  • Jazza
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Big Del
  • Lurker
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.