Round 14 - Raiders vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
how about you post the current interview with Arthars rather than one over 12 months old ... probably because you take inspiration from your hero and avoid posting something that doesn't suit your argument
i feel like you're being wilfully obtuse here mate

at least i hope so

Do you really need me to explain why our roster of potential fullbacks is topical this week, or has the sand backed up so far in your vagina you've become senile?
Well he still pines for the days when Paul White was running the place, so enough said about his judgement.

I'm so glad someone is calling this Walsh horse shit for what it is. Niether Walsh or Coates is worth 500k unless you're in the Paul White school of negotiating.
Lots of players have great first seasons (someone has to win ROTY; in 2018 it was Isaako and look at him now, he’s certainly no better (a fair argument could be made for worse)). Can they keep it going? How do they respond when other teams figure them out?

That’s why it’s called second year syndrome and so many break out stars suffer from it.

If Walsh is still tearing shit up in 2022 / 23, then I’ll be pissed we didn’t chase his signature harder. But at this stage, I’m 100% behind the decision not to.

**** coates has regressed big time
I think he believes in his own hype
Always wanting to do the flash shit and no put the little things in which actually help the team
We dodged a bullet here and his attitude will want to change if he is to make anything in Melbourne

I've added you to my block list. I'm tired of your incessant trolling and insults. The crap you went on about with Covid being clickbait almost made me quit BHQ. I'm sure no one here wants to read us bickering about your hangups with Peter Badel, and I'm tired of trying to take you seriously because you're staff.

If you want to ban me again, I don't give a ****.
He's not staff. He went the way of Seibold in that regard.

Just wait until Coates gets into that Storm system, he'll be an out and out gun.

or Bellamy will break him

This is of course an option as well but Coates unfortunately has mentally checked out this year, kind of like Reimis Smith at the Dogs as previously mentioned on here. I am very confident he'll look and play like Tarzan next year developing in a FAR better system.

Always wanting to do the flash shit and no put the little things in which actually help the team
We dodged a bullet here and his attitude will want to change if he is to make anything in Melbourne
I get all the criticism and I don’t particularly rate him at this point. But I don’t think it’s really an attitude thing. I think he puts in. He put his hand up for plenty of runs last night but his body and technique is just not up what he his hoping to do in his head. Could still be an unreal winger in a couple of years.

This is of course an option as well but Coates unfortunately has mentally checked out this year, kind of like Reimis Smith at the Dogs as previously mentioned on here. I am very confident he'll look and play like Tarzan next year developing in a FAR better system.
He did the exact same shit he’s been doing all season again last night, and he wasn’t wearing a Broncos jersey then.

One thing is for sure though. He’ll either improve out of sight at Melbourne, or play out his contract in ISC.

Looks like Jesse Arthars is auditioning to be the backup goalkicker. Never kicked one in a game that I can find.

View attachment 13471

Also wants to be a fullback (8 mins in)

Well from the game I watched him play for for Norths he is not up to NRL or even ISC standards as a fullback. Is Isaako done with us? Move to Tigers?

Well from the game I watched him play for for Norths he is not up to NRL or even ISC standards as a fullback. Is Isaako done with us? Move to Tigers?

In terms of Isaako, I think so. We need to rid ourselves of players that implode or are inconsistent in key positions.

Just wait until Coates gets into that Storm system, he'll be an out and out gun.
I'm officially off the Coates train now. You've got the whole carriage to yourself.

I get all the criticism and I don’t particularly rate him at this point. But I don’t think it’s really an attitude thing. I think he puts in. He put his hand up for plenty of runs last night but his body and technique is just not up what he his hoping to do in his head. Could still be an unreal winger in a couple of years.
It's not attitude, it's derp.

In terms of Isaako, I think so. We need to rid ourselves of players that implode or are inconsistent in key positions.
Or consistent, but consistently error prone.

Can't say I've ever rated Arthars but he's been doing okay in the centres for us. Seems to be able to find the tryline. It's interesting that he thinks of himself as a fullback. Hadn't seen anyone throw his hat in that ring before. But maybe wanting to be fullback is the new wanting to be five eighth for outside backs. It comes with a flash car, fancy haircut and pay rise.

I played fullback when it came with none of the above. Just broken ribs and constant ridicule.

Only got about 10 more games for us.
Be interesting to see what Melbourne can do with him.
If he kills it down there it will say something about our systems and methods.
Except storm will only have Coates to fix.

Broncos are fighting fires on almost every front ... the only certainties in our team that would also make it every other club is Haas at prop... and maybe Staggs in the centers.

Coaches have been trying to fix our edge defence since 2017/18. Our 5th tackle options are usually trash. We've had like 20 halves pairing since 2016 and no game manager since 2011.

In comparison Bellamy just has to hire an AFL player to teach Coates to catch and abuse the shit out of him until he learns to stay on his wing... also noting that storm's defensive system has been no. 1 for like 11-12yr.

All their systems have been in place for the better part of 18yrs now... it's easy to slot 1 extra player into the team when the other 29 are humming along smoothly and your assistants know the game plan as well as the coach.

Broncos have about 20 players that look like they've never seen a football field before... it's why we went for Reynolds and not another hyped up junior. He knows his game back to front and the coach knows what he'll bring. It's why Wolfie keeps indicating we need toilers and veterans to fill out the squad, because they know the roles they have to play and the coach knows what they will bring every week

I'm officially off the Coates train now. You've got the whole carriage to yourself.

It's not attitude, it's derp.

Or consistent, but consistently error prone.

Can't say I've ever rated Arthars but he's been doing okay in the centres for us. Seems to be able to find the tryline. It's interesting that he thinks of himself as a fullback. Hadn't seen anyone throw his hat in that ring before. But maybe wanting to be fullback is the new wanting to be five eighth for outside backs. It comes with a flash car, fancy haircut and pay rise.

I played fullback when it came with none of the above. Just broken ribs and constant ridicule.
I think he was a fullback through the juniors / 20's

I don’t think it’s regression. This is the level he’s currently at and has been since he debuted. He shouldn’t be in origin let alone first grade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Sproj
  • Xzei
  • Spike
  • NSW stables
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • heartly87
  • LittleDavey
  • Fozz
  • Allo
  • thenry
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • porouian
  • pennywisealfie
  • Broncosgirl
  • broncsgoat
  • Jazza
  • Midean
... and 43 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.