Round 14 - Raiders vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except storm will only have Coates to fix.

Broncos are fighting fires on almost every front ... the only certainties in our team that would also make it every other club is Haas at prop... and maybe Staggs in the centers.

Coaches have been trying to fix our edge defence since 2017/18. Our 5th tackle options are usually trash. We've had like 20 halves pairing since 2016 and no game manager since 2011.

In comparison Bellamy just has to hire an AFL player to teach Coates to catch and abuse the shit out of him until he learns to stay on his wing... also noting that storm's defensive system has been no. 1 for like 11-12yr.

All their systems have been in place for the better part of 18yrs now... it's easy to slot 1 extra player into the team when the other 29 are humming along smoothly and your assistants know the game plan as well as the coach.

Broncos have about 20 players that look like they've never seen a football field before... it's why we went for Reynolds and not another hyped up junior. He knows his game back to front and the coach knows what he'll bring. It's why Wolfie keeps indicating we need toilers and veterans to fill out the squad, because they know the roles they have to play and the coach knows what they will bring every week

I just watched an after game clip with Fatty saying he'd never seen a side play as bad as QLD last night.

Well hello, Broncos. Am I the only one who thought QLD looked pretty good compared to what we've been inflicting on ourselves week in, week out for the last few years? That was a pretty damn good NSW side that ran us down.

The players who looked most like they didn't lift their weight in that QLD side were either already in the Broncos system (Coates), been ejected from it (Sleepy Joe) or we're trying to sign (Su'a, Gagai).

Meanwhile it's interesting to see To'o being praised today considering all he had to do was stroll through the empty space that Coates routinely leaves on his wing.

Coates has been average ever since he came into the NRL. I was incredibly surprised he made Origin last year, but luckily for him Sami was far worse. He had a bit of an improvement in form at the start of this year, but its declined once again. He's always been poor defensively, he's never made good metres out of trouble. He was only really good in the air, and that's always a gamble anyway. It was always potential with him, because he still looks raw. Nothing has really changed with him, except he has less time before that potential excuse no longer applies.

Coates has been average ever since he came into the NRL. I was incredibly surprised he made Origin last year, but luckily for him Sami was far worse. He had a bit of an improvement in form at the start of this year, but its declined once again. He's always been poor defensively, he's never made good metres out of trouble. He was only really good in the air, and that's always a gamble anyway. It was always potential with him, because he still looks raw. Nothing has really changed with him, except he has less time before that potential excuse no longer applies.
In fairness, he did manage one try assist from his trademark aerial leap last night, although it was for Latrell Mitchell who promptly scored in his vacated wing.

Reminder: this is what a good rugby league tackle looked like when Khunt was 17. Straight back up on his feet like nothing happened.

He was a tough bugger, but I think if he stayed in the NRL and kept playing like that he'd start falling apart like Foran did.

I think he will always be an NRL standard winger but I can't say for certain he's going to be a mainstay rep star.

It's hard to know if he's bad defensively because ultimately you can always say "well the inside men let him down" but I can't recall him ever making a big play to stop a try. Unless he gets into a team where the halfback can literally land it right on or just over the try line I think he will struggle to score those Israel Folau type of tries.

Reminder: this is what a good rugby league tackle looked like when Khunt was 17. Straight back up on his feet like nothing happened.

If that happens this weekend....he stays down...trust me... :xxxx: :sook:

How many times can the game peak?

2006 was the last time the game peaked before it was ruined irrevocably by the Storm's cheating. Never recovered.

The game's peak matched Locky's. Cash me outside.
Storm Cheated 2006 it was infact the first season they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Allo
  • Sproj
  • Aldo
  • NSW stables
  • Foordy
  • Culhwch
  • BroncosAlways
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Kev_Guz
  • Brocko
  • azza.79
  • Swordfish
  • Wolfie
  • Battler
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.