Round 14 - Raiders vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not meaning to be rude - I know you live in Germany - is English your first language?

"On trial" and "seeing how he goes" means the same thing to me.
I'm aussie born and bred. Live and work in Deutschland. Learning another language is good for understanding your own first language.

Let me put forth that you have now changed the quote before I go on to the following:

Trial - a formal examination by a judge
in this case, Walters determining if he is fit to fill that position. In this regard, Walters has already determined that he will play there but one can only assume at his long term assessment.
"chance to show what he can do there" - allows the public to see the skills that Herbert offers, as well as allows Herbert to show said skills. No implication of judgement.

This is the problem with journalism and public perception. If you offer your personal opinion as fact, it muddies the water and influences the reader. I would advise caution. Also, Walters is IMO not exactly a wordsmith, but I do believe he does his best at honesty, even though he does often say things that are disproven a day later (e.g., Dearden)

I'm aussie born and bred. Live and work in Deutschland. Learning another language is good for understanding your own first language.

Let me put forth that you have now changed the quote before I go on to the following:

in this case, Walters determining if he is fit to fill that position. In this regard, Walters has already determined that he will play there but one can only assume at his long term assessment.
"chance to show what he can do there" - allows the public to see the skills that Herbert offers, as well as allows Herbert to show said skills. No implication of judgement.

This is the problem with journalism and public perception. If you offer your personal opinion as fact, it muddies the water and influences the reader. I would advise caution. Also, Walters is IMO not exactly a wordsmith, but I do believe he does his best at honesty, even though he does often say things that are disproven a day later (e.g., Dearden)

You should be Kevvie's lawyer. BTW, my credibility as a "journalist" is covered in my signature.

I do speak a few languages, now you mention it. None well. Including English.

You should be Kevvie's lawyer. BTW, my credibility as a "journalist" is covered in my signature.
hahaha I'm on a mobile (so I see no signatures)

I normally appreciate your posts, mate. Usually have a good chuckle at them. Just sometimes you can let some personal stuff in there. That said, my personal gripe is with modern day NRL media anyway. It has pretty much fucked the NRL, IMO.

So so many people make statements that are plainly absolute. No if's but's or maybe's , statements of fact. However when challenged they say no no, I was only stating an opinion! Happens on here every day. They claim things like, hey, it's the internet or for ***** sake, it's a fan forum and of course everything I say is just my opinion. It's extremely annoying.

Here is an example of opinions because I really don’t know if I'm wrong or right or what the future holds. Just on KW he is always doing his best to be honest and up front but he's becoming more and more wary of anyone who might twist his words. He is also not a 'media personality ' in much the same way WB never was in the early days. It took enormous effort for WB to become the media personality he is now and that evolution was greatly supported by his utter disdain for the media and a razor sharp intellect . KW will become much more guarded in the future if he survives and he will learn to manipulate the narrative just as WB learned.

I think Kevvie is similar to a high school verging, he's too nice.

He is learning how to deal with the media twits on the fly.

I think he would love to just concentrate on footy and let an assistant talk to the media. The media loves to flog us to, so inherently they want him to slip up.

He just want to be happy go Larry Kevvie, which I think is great.

So so many people make statements that are plainly absolute. No if's but's or maybe's , statements of fact. However when challenged they say no no, I was only stating an opinion! Happens on here every day. They claim things like, hey, it's the internet or for ***** sake, it's a fan forum and of course everything I say is just my opinion. It's extremely annoying.

Here is an example of opinions because I really don’t know if I'm wrong or right or what the future holds. Just on KW he is always doing his best to be honest and up front but he's becoming more and more wary of anyone who might twist his words. He is also not a 'media personality ' in much the same way WB never was in the early days. It took enormous effort for WB to become the media personality he is now and that evolution was greatly supported by his utter disdain for the media and a razor sharp intellect . KW will become much more guarded in the future if he survives and he will learn to manipulate the narrative just as WB learned.
guess you just have to pick your battles, mate.

Gamble confirmed

ScreenE3llasFVkAUtore

Great way to get acclimatised to the weather here. Expected top of 11 degrees. Will be down to 2 or 3 by kick off.

it’s going to be a very long night I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Hoof Hearted
  • RolledOates
  • Culhwch
  • Manifesto
  • leon.bott
  • Jedhead
  • Brocko
  • Foordy
  • Xzei
  • Mr Fourex
  • broncsgoat
  • Organix
  • Waynesaurus
  • Financeguy
  • LittleDavey
  • Fatboy
  • winslow_wong
  • Morkel
  • MrTickyMcG
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.