Round 14 - Roosters vs Broncos - Post Match Discussion

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
anyone have Brisbane's record at the Sydney Football Stadium ?

winning % must be almost as good (if not better?) than the club's overall home winning %

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
Watching the channel 9 replay the refereeing is shite. That Alex Glenn try in the 2nd half was epic lolz

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Lol I thought the same. Madness it was truly amateur hour

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Without doubt the most amateur refereeing performance of all time. I think in the end the result wasn't affected - the better team won - but **** me dead it was shambollic.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
The commentary is just as bad. Oh the Roosters will be outraged after that call. Their first 2 tries were not tries ffs

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
The broncos had a dodgy try as did the roosters, umm that evens it up.

I lol'd at Wallace telling cecchin to stop talking so he could take the kick.

Ffs how did they penalise maguire when he had the ball

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
Thought reed was good in defence. Macca and Wallace steered them around well

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
How on earth is that McGuire penalty a reportable offense???

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I really liked that McCullough and Hunt were both on the field at the same time w/ 15 to go. I'm hoping to see more of that. McCullough is clearly the better hooker, and Hunt can be an extra dummy half runner / ball player hybrid.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
How on earth is that McGuire penalty a reportable offense???

The high arm on Mortimer? Seemed like a fair call to me.

Refs were shocking. Can't believe some of the rubbish calls they made today.

user_nat

user_nat

NRL Player
Aug 29, 2009
Great win. Have to feel for Parker, Glenn with 3/3 with the C.

Refs are joke.

Son Edo

Son Edo

NRL Player
Sep 14, 2011
Thats a big win there, keeping the momentum going during origin.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
macca honestly looks better and dangerous when he gets in at first/second receiver.

refereeing was terrible. in the end i dont think it came close to deciding the game. smith will sook as usual.

with every week i am starting to regret more and more that we are losing TEO. in my opinion he was EXCELLENT today.

thought norman played with a bit more freedom, even though the conditions were obviously difficult. that last pass was sublime.

hoffman is great at the back but as someone has mentioned before - when he comes into the line in attack he seems to crab and we really lose all momentum - something to work on i guess.

overall, VERY PROUD of the team. we turned up to play and the young fellas were good. tough conditions but we were by far the better team. i think we'll take alot mentally from that win.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Great result. Lots of energy and commitment, good completions in lousy weather. Wallace, Norman and Macca were excellent.

Hoffman doesn't pass the ball and still can't time his runs. He needs serious work. It's well enough to run the ball back strongly, but he is not living up to the hype as a "great" FB the more I see him play.

Last edited:
Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Today's game just typifies the Broncos. Down an entire forward pack and two International backs they fight through the conditions on foreign turf and prevail with a hard fought 40-22 victory.

It was a very loose game, but I thought the senior players made the difference. Wallace, Macca, Show & Te'o really put in & I thought the young guys all made solid cameos.

Reffing was terrible. That Glenn try was one of the silliest things I've seen in footy & those first two Rooster tries were plain ordinary calls. I even thought that last Rooster's try was a bit ordinary. How long does it take the refs. to call held?

M

Manifesto

QCup Player
Jun 5, 2012
Well, that is some of the worst reffing I have ever seen. Absolutely shocking, a lot of the penalties we conceded were definately not penalties. Not to mention that dangerous tackle in the first half where he landed on his arm.

That being said, great performance from us today, really great to see our young team succeed. I agree that having Macca and Hunt on at the same time was a great idea and really worked well, don't know how we could work that into our play with a full strength side though.

Active Now

• Canga
  • sooticus
  • Brocko
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Dash
  • davidp
  • jd87
  • Harry Sack
  • Fozz
  • RolledOates
  • marw
  • PeterBarne
  • Swordfish
  • kman
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.