Round 14 - Storm vs Bronco

I’m probably extra cranky cos I’m doing my weekly ironing while watching the footy, and I fucking hate ironing.

But what the **** is the NRL going to do about the Cummins reffing Broncs games? The standard of adjudication in this game has been nothing short of crooked, something you’d expect in a fucking Pakistani third grade T20 game. I am fucking shaking I am that angry.

And Bellamy can **** off. I don’t want our boys to play the sort of dirty grubby footy the storm play. **** that.

If the refs made the correct call it was a repeat set, and a good outcome.

We should have been attacking their line with another set of 6, instead they get a penalty and nearly a try from it.

A rubbish call.

Last edited:
C'mon fellas...stop having a go at the refs!

It's a great game!

Talk the game up!!! FFz!!!!!!
It is a great game. And ref calls even out theoughout the course of a season... BUT, the frustrating thing as a broncos fan is that there is this perception we get the rub of the green by sydney people (who obviously dont watch our games), and with this game-its frustrating with the storm because it may even out with orher teams but I think we get an equal/better ref record about 5-10% of games against them

Last edited:
We are here to play boys. Beating the refs has always been apart of the battle.

Considering we're playing against 15 men, you can't be unhappy with that half. Only low point was Isaako's horrendous missed tackle for the Storm try. Otherwise we've been great. Have to maintain the intensity.

Happy with the effort, best thing to do against the storm is keep chipping away, do the basics and minimise your mistakes, when we have done that this game so far the points have come.

I'm not one to play the ref card but we're getting no favours tonight. We've forced five errors to our two, which speaks volumes of our intent and contact in the tackle. Means little with seven penalties to three.

I've said it all year but give us even a half decent HB and the Broncos can beat anybody. Until then, every game will be a struggle. Smitty is just toying with the poor kid.

This is exactly one of those games where if we had some quality halves we close it out easily. Unfortunately we don’t have halves so if we are to win this we need to keep scoring cause a 4 point lead isn’t enough with the game managers we have.

I've said it all year but give us even a half decent HB and the Broncos can beat anybody. Until then, every game will be a struggle. Smitty is just toying with the poor kid.

He's toying with Boyd.

Storm will roll us in the second half and the commentators will non-stop blow Smith the whole time.

Cam Smith got away with an obvious strip early on. He is certainly in Cummins' good books. Thinking we go on to win this onethough. Just need some ball down their end.

Hoffman running out after being knocked out cold

Last edited:
Welcome to 2018 Boyd! Ease up on the penalties TPJ.

Refs eat a d***. Terrible officiating so far.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • Brocko
  • Scorchie
  • pagey
  • Browny
  • Galah
  • Sproj
  • Allo
  • Fozz
  • Wild Horse
  • Battler
  • porouian
  • Stix
  • Wolfie
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Broncorob
  • mieko
  • broncos4life
  • BroncosAlways
  • Shane Tronc
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.