PRE-GAME Round 14 - Storm vs Broncos

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Isn’t his injury one that heals stronger? He will and should walk back into the team

Heals stronger?

I think they used to say that about ACL's.. Tautau Moga would probably beg to differ.

Isn’t his injury one that heals stronger? He will and should walk back into the team

Its true but only to a point. When you break any bone, when it heals it sort of surrounds the break with a sort of thicker " wrap " i suppose you could call it of new bone. After time though , this new bone around the break will just disappear and the bone will go back to its original strength.

If they fused the vertebrae or inserted titanium pins then it probably would be stronger but I don't think it will be stronger just naturally healing.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger

Must win game imo. We need to start beating top eight teams on the reg and stay in the top eight for the rest of the season. Melbourne are ripe for picking here - as long as we don't get in a grind and we keep playing positive attacking footy I think we'll win.

Broncos by 6.

Anyone think we may switch Kahu and Opacic? Although Tom has plays mostly on the right generally, he has only really played at left center for us in the NRL, where as Kahu has played right center.

Anyone think we may switch Kahu and Opacic? Although Tom has plays mostly on the right generally, he has only really played at left center for us in the NRL, where as Kahu has played right center.
I'm thinking Opacic might get switched with Staggs.

There will be a brief period where the fracture becomes stronger then the rest of the bone IF the bone isnt currently weightbearing (eg in a cast with instructions not to weightbear) as the boddy will continue to lay “new” bone (callus formation) at the fracture site but the remodelling process that constantly goes on in bones is mildly neglected theoughout the rest of the bone because it isnt weightbearing. Eventually the bone will be of equal strength throughout it.

Gillets fracture is nowhere near as bad as what people are thinking. You never treat spinal fractures lightly but I’ve seen it get missed on multiple occaisons by doctors or radiologists, wirtten off as anything from rib fractures to the patient whinging! Its only because he is in such a high impact sport that he is resting. The treatment normally if it is such a small and stable fracture, pain meds and dont do anything stupid like try to tackle 110kg rugby league players or dive head first into an empty pool (eg walk and live life normally)

Gilletts fracture site wont be any more susceptible to fracture then the rest of the bone, studies have proven this. But could it still happen? Of course, stranger things have happened. If they dont let it heal properly thats a different story but they definetly wont do that.

More time on the sidelines is only going to be worse for him. Once the fracture is healed it is healed, but if he spends more time on the sidelines he will only have more mental side effects and will have more of a job off the field to ensure he maintains his match fitness and strength, making him more susceptible to other injuries when he comes back if he doesnt get it right...

Must win game imo. We need to start beating top eight teams on the reg and stay in the top eight for the rest of the season. Melbourne are ripe for picking here - as long as we don't get in a grind and we keep playing positive attacking footy I think we'll win.

Broncos by 6.

Yep, need to win to stay in the top 8 and that for and against needs fixing

No Slater, Chambers, Finucane and Cronk.

This should be the time we beat them, but I get the feeling we are going to beat ourselves in this game.

Roberts is a big out.

1. Darius Boyd ©
2. Corey Oates
22. Tom Opacic
4. Jordan Kahu
5. Jamayne Isaako
6. Anthony Milford
7. Kodi Nikorima
8. Matt Lodge
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Sam Thaiday
11. Alex Glenn
12. Jaydn Su'A
13. Josh McGuire
Interchange:
14. Patrick Mago
15. Joe Ofahengaue
16. Tevita Pangai junior
17. Kotoni Staggs

Active Now

• Lurker
  • Bucking Beads
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.