PRE-GAME Round 14 - Storm vs Broncos

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Don't worry, the Broncos won't lose another game all season from now forth.

I hope you are not overdosing on your medication????
Soon, retirement looms and a zealous over indulgence in the herb superb beckons. Mark my words, we are on the precipice. There is a tide in the affairs of men which taken at the flood, leads onto fortune. On such a full sea are we now afloat !

Here's hoping Melbourne have been taking whatever Huge is on and the broncos havnt.
I like your optimism though, however and wherever it comes from. You're not karmichael are you huge?
Faint hope of Melbourne doing so though, theyd never do something like that

Here's hoping Melbourne have been taking whatever Huge is on and the broncos havnt.
I like your optimism though, however and wherever it comes from. You're not karmichael are you huge?
Faint hope of Melbourne doing so though, theyd never do something like that
People don't realise it yet but we turned a corner just recently and I believe we will hit our straps. I think we'll give Melbourne a touchup and over the next few weeks we'll open a rich vein of form.

People don't realise it yet but we turned a corner just recently and I believe we will hit our straps. I think we'll give Melbourne a touchup and over the next few weeks we'll open a rich vein of form.

Could you explain the corner? And how we turned it?

BRONCOS centre James Roberts has been ruled out of Sunday’s clash with the Storm, after failing to train on Saturday morning.
Roberts, who made his NSW debut on Wednesday night, has been struggling with an Achilles problem in recent weeks and given the turnaround after Origin, coach Wayne Bennett has decided to rest his superstar back.
The 25-year-old did not make an appearance at the training session at Red Hill on Saturday morning.
Bennett’s other Origin players in Andrew McCullough, Josh McGuire and Anthony Milford all trained, but there was concern for McGuire who finished the session early.
REFFING HELL: Titans undone against Bunnies
GAME II: Locky’s advice to save Maroons

eb447e9d4d7214e6eebe320bffc5462c

Bennett didn’t want to risk Roberts after Origin. (Adam Head)
Wednesday was McGuire’s first game back after six weeks out through an ankle injury, but Bennett said he was certain the Queensland forward would be able to back up.
“We won’t play James but he’s not too bad,” Bennett said.
“His Achilles is still pretty sore so there’s not much point just continually putting him under pressure. He needs a weekend off.
“Josh McGuire will play but he’s got a bit of a cork this morning.
“(McGuire’s turnaround) is what they do. They train for it, they want to play football.”
1826bd67e78e8d233b6b16b5869dd4af

Alex Glenn’s return is a big boost for Bennett. (AAP Image/Darren England)
Tom Opacic will start in place of Roberts and Sam Tagataese will travel to Melbourne as 18th man.
Bennett said outside of the loss of Roberts the team will remain unchanged, with young forwards Joe Ofahengaue and Tevita Pangai Jr to come off the bench.
Alex Glenn will also return from a knee injury and Bennett said he expects his forward pack to be stronger as a result.
LISTEN! Nick Campton and Tim Williams tackle all the news from Origin I, including player rating debacles, changes that need to be made and all the details from the match itself.
“(McGuire and Glenn) bring experience but I’ve left two good players off (the starting side) that have been playing great for us in Tevita and Joe Ofahengaue,” he said.
“It’s nice to think our bench is going to be a bit stronger and these guys can come back and bring what they bring. It gives us a better all round forward pack.”
391d803c02698309385ad7e33ca57a35

638c4e95226267564123ac00593c9462

Canberra crumble late … again
However, in a blow for both the Broncos and the Maroons, Bennett confirmed Matt Gillett will be out for at least another month.
Gillett recently had scans on his fractured neck and will not be able to return ahead of Origin II as he originally hoped.

https://www.couriermail.com.au/spor...m/news-story/f6692da6b59763bfaa0bd490a2b2c745

Gillett out for at least another month.

I commend you on your positivity! Good to see. I also think we could hit a purple patch soon, with some of our senior players coming back after a big rest

Soon, retirement looms and a zealous over indulgence in the herb superb beckons. Mark my words, we are on the precipice. There is a tide in the affairs of men which taken at the flood, leads onto fortune. On such a full sea are we now afloat !
He's on the good stuff.

giphy.gif

Th
This is the kind of talk I expect and appreciate when participating in a “supporters” forum! And to all the pest-imists on here, if you didn’t notice the lads come round the corner in the last few weeks you should try taking if the dark dark glasses... I know knights supporters who last year turned up to every game and kept cheering on their team and coach through thick and thin... well mostly thin. We all have a role to play and the supporters role is to lift their team with unwavering support! Plus it will be an easy job for a half decent halfback to walk into a team with an enthusiastic young forward pack and top shelf backline and take the Broncos to the top 4 consistently for years to come. As Tevita recently said, we are building something great here. Just be patient and get a punching bag or something.

If that's true then we may as well put Gillett on the shelf for the rest of the season. If he's out for another month+, he won't be back until we're knocking on the door of the finals, so considering how dangerous his injury is and the quality we're commanding in the 2nd row this year, just give him an extended holiday and have him come back extremely fresh and hungry next year.

If that's true then we may as well put Gillett on the shelf for the rest of the season. If he's out for another month+, he won't be back until we're knocking on the door of the finals, so considering how dangerous his injury is and the quality we're commanding in the 2nd row this year, just give him an extended holiday and have him come back extremely fresh and hungry next year.
Personally I’d prefer to see Gillett back whenever the med staff and he feel he’s ready. His presence, defence and experience are an essential part of our team. Plus would be great to see some hot competition for the back row spots. Should hopefully encourage all 3 of them to play out of their skin to hold a starting spot.

Gillett's expected return date was always Round 16-18.

He was never coming back early.

Active Now

• kiwibronco
  • teampjta
  • Xzei
  • Browny
  • Jedhead
  • Midean
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.