Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

B

bb_gun

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 23, 2013
@winslow_wong I said earlier this season that we would come good at the halfway mark. I was wrong, terribly wrong. You may proceed to roast me mate [emoji16]

PS. I didn't think we played too bad today but the writings on the wall, we're just not a competitive side this year.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
The hoodoo against the storm is that real that any bit of heat and pressure they put on the broncos, the players will crack to pieces. Mix that with handling errors, poor kicking and dodgy penalties, then we are always in for a flogging.

It's no coincidence Macca plays like shit against smith. There's just too much fear built up over the years.
This year, anytime we're up against it we crumble. We just don't have enough mental fortitude in the side, but when you've got a captain like boyd it isn' that surprising. Tpj should be captain based on onfield effort/energy.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Don't know if anything was said on Fox but on 9 Gould and co were nothing but praise for Melb for the full 80 minutes either. Not a single mention of a contentious call until the Pangai Jr put on report incident. Joey said well there was nothing in that then he shuts up and it gets ignored by everyone else while they keep going on about how great Melbourne are.

Joey questioned a few of the penalties actually. That refs are that scared of a Bellamy blast and cam smith it's a bit concerning for the game.

Mitch06

Mitch06

NRL Player
Jan 23, 2014
Hardly. Our halves haven't got a creative bone in their bodies and defend like turnstiles.
Nor does Macca? I did say somewhat, I think he does contribute. Lack of vision and slow. Definitely not the worst of our problems.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
@winslow_wong I said earlier this season that we would come good at the halfway mark. I was wrong, terribly wrong. You may proceed to roast me mate [emoji16]

PS. I didn't think we played too bad today but the writings on the wall, we're just not a competitive side this year.

I won't roast you mate. It's respectable to back your team all the way even when it's dark days.

We were good for 30 mins then it just crumbled. Things need to change, our style just doesn't work

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
Did Mago come on or did we play all game with 16?

Mitch06

Mitch06

NRL Player
Jan 23, 2014
Don't know if anything was said on Fox but on 9 Gould and co were nothing but praise for Melb for the full 80 minutes either. Not a single mention of a contentious call until the Pangai Jr put on report incident. Joey said well there was nothing in that then he shuts up and it gets ignored by everyone else while they keep going on about how great Melbourne are.
On the halftime siren, Kafausi hits someone with a similar hit (Boyd I think), but it is twice as bad as he actually connects with head striking directly down. I can't believe no one said anything...grasshoppers. Cummins just lets it go because it's half time.

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
Joey questioned a few of the penalties actually. That refs are that scared of a Bellamy blast and cam smith it's a bit concerning for the game.

They questioned the penalty we received for melbourne using a blocker on the bomb. Can't recall any other. The worst imo was Darius already being tackled before being taken back in goal and nothing was said and then we do something similar except not as bad and get penalised and zilch is said. Gould is the worst when it comes to it. We have 2 teams full of Qlders playing and we can't even get fucking Qld commentators we have to put up with flogs who have their NSW agendas.

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
Out of the 8, and that's where we will stay for at least a few weeks (at best).

Stick a fork in us...

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Is it legal to knee a player mid-air off the ball. They were glowing over Vunivalu using an AFL tactic to use his knee to push Oates away from the ball. Oates was perfectly placed under it, until Vunivalu knocked him out of the way.

Mitch06

Mitch06

NRL Player
Jan 23, 2014
This year, anytime we're up against it we crumble. We just don't have enough mental fortitude in the side, but when you've got a captain like boyd it isn' that surprising. Tpj should be captain based on onfield effort/energy.
Could be worse, we could be the Raiders. I think as soon as a few really contentious calls go against us we lack resilience to get over it for the rest of the game. The Slater try earlier this year, and three calls tonight at both ends of the tryline.

BruiserMk1

BruiserMk1

NRL Player
Contributor
Sep 9, 2015
The result you could see coming from a mile away.

We had a good win against the Roosters, and then went backwards. And this side continues to go backwards until they get a bad loss and then they decide to pick up their act again.

We had the Storm shot in the first half and then just gift them the game.

Even if this side makes the finals, we're just making up the numbers. Time for a new coach that can get the best out of this side because Wayne Bennett just isn't.

+ recruitment.

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
Is it legal to knee a player mid-air off the ball. They were glowing over Vunivalu using an AFL tactic to use his knee to push Oates away from the ball. Oates was perfectly placed under it, until Vunivalu knocked him out of the way.
I thought that was fair enough. Boyd missed tackle on Munster was just plain soft!

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Not having a go at you but I think that's a copout.

It's like someone saying I'm actually really smart but the exam results don't show that. Nah, they reflect it perfectly. Same as this team and their performances. Too much hype and not enough substance.

You dont think our players are better than what we are showing? I really think they are. Not a big bagger of Wayne, but i actually thing this year he isnt ruthless enough with some. I know sometimes loyalty to his players is a good think, but there are some who are in this side based on loyalty and not what they are doing on the pitch.

I'm also thinking our style of play isnt helping us at all. We are set up really defensive on the left side to cover Milf, and Milf's game is going backwards because we are trying to change him as a player. We have the biggest attacking weapon in the game in Roberts and we give him pretty much no good ball, he constantly has to make tries from nothing.

So no, i dont believe what i'm saying is a cop-out, i believe we are under performing and underachieving.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Jedhead
  • Old Mate
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Fitzy
  • Santa
  • Big Del
  • bazza
  • Browny
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Locky24
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Wolfie
  • Manofoneway
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.