Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Do you pay such close attention to what everyone posts or just me? If the former, you have far too much time on your hands. If the latter, it's kind of weird, please stop.

To the crux of your comment, there is nothing contradictory about my position. Bennett is starting to stink up the place but he is still on big money for another year. Reported to be on about 1.2 mil. Is the stench so bad it's worth paying that out and paying a new coach? Can we bare it for another year? Perhaps create an unfavorable environment for him and then organise a payout for a lessor figure? In my opinion, that is taking it a little too far given his (very well paid) past services to the club.

So I don't really don't what the best course of action is beyond that Bennett absolutely should not get an extension for 2020. I've also stated (which I'm sure you know) I don't think Bellamy is worth 1.7 mil a year or even more. Extremely vexing which is why I state it here hoping to get the opinions of others on the matter. Instead I mostly get you haranguing for anything which is even remotely considered critical of Bennett.

You should have asked first. I don't want "your advice" and didn't read past the quoted text.

You really should be running your posts past me first if you remember.

Edit: Ignoring staff warning.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love WB but after today and after thinking about the way Melbourne just keep on beating us I'm starting to waver just a teensy weeney bit about how good an idea it is to keep WB coaching us. I hate to think Porthoz etc are right but the evidence, you know..... I mean CB just keeps belting WB and I know rugby league's a simple game but maybe, just maybe it is time for new direction. Not saying it is mind you and I think reyter is right, at seasons end we need a big review and reassessment.

One things certain, most of our team is fine (especially considering our injuries) etc but Milford and Nikorima are not working. Time for WB to put a line through them and do a Tony Beets and 'rip them fucking outa there'

This thread isn't going to be derailed into another shit fight.

Stay on topic. Which is about the Broncos vs Storm game. Play the ball, not the man.
It's not the loss that pisses me off. I thought in the first half they played pretty well. Obviously but they weren't leading because Melbourne were playing poorly. For the match they played much better than against Parramatta. If Broncos kicking were 1/2 as good as Melbourne's, I think we would have won. And that's the crux of the situation. It's the same rubbish again and again. Our intrepid captain who is signed on big money for another 3 years after this was ok in the first half and terrible in the second. Milford being forced to be a playmaker/organizer and being woeful at it. Nikorima being woeful period. And Wayne Bennett keeps at it! Has the guy lost his mind?

On a brighter note, the forums favorite punching bag, Sammy Thaiday was again one of the best. Plenty of metres, plenty of effective tackles, few if any mistakes. Too bad Wayne Bennett has told him he isn't wanted for next season....... Not really. It's probably time but that doesn't change the fact he is going infinitely better than his very much more highly paid colleagues Boyd, Milford and Bird.

On the subject of Bird, is he injured or dropped? Or dropped but called injured so he and Bennett can save face?

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else think that our 4th and 5th tackle options were way better when McGuire was out?

@Super Freak has already directed everyone to take the conversation back on topic and for people not to play the man. If it continues, thread bans will ensue.

@Reyter , if you have issues with moderation, take it up in staff chat, where we will be happy to address your concerns, and stop polluting the thread with what you perceive as bias from staff.

Last edited:
I love WB but after today and after thinking about the way Melbourne just keep on beating us I'm starting to waver just a teensy weeney bit about how good an idea it is to keep WB coaching us. I hate to think Porthoz etc are right but the evidence, you know..... I mean CB just keeps belting WB and I know rugby league's a simple game but maybe, just maybe it is time for new direction. Not saying it is mind you and I think reyter is right, at seasons end we need a big review and reassessment.

One things certain, most of our team is fine (especially considering our injuries) etc but Milford and Nikorima are not working. Time for WB to put a line through them and do a Tony Beets and 'rip them fucking outa there'
giphy.gif

I dont know how any

Jeez, some harsh marks there! We werent great, but we werent poor. I dont think anyone deserved less than a 5 tbh, but i wouldnt say either anyone was better than a 6.

Based on first 20 only would suggest averaging 6-8s but then we dropped the ball something like 32-4 in final 60 mins, I’d suggest that would support poor performance ratings. If you can’t maintain through a game then early showing becomes less important.

Unfortunately performance always wilts with lack of posession and constant defence.
We so underrate the value of wearing our opponents down. Melbourne do it with structured plays that work teams to a corner.
In contrast, too often we try length of the field, all or nothing plays when it is tight. It's true you can over-doo the grubber in goal but likewise you can't break down even tired defenders if your players can't raise the energy to bend the advantage line, let alone bust it. Getting stuck in your 20, running into set defenders isn't much better either.
We have to learn the value of conserving our players efforts we have been run down.
We need more kicks for touch after an extended period in our own half. Sure it'll give our opponents a rest and chance to recover but it will also help ours. Add to that the fact we are starting to build a pack that's scary and just needs a chance of 50/50 posession to beat opposition forwards most of the time and it becomes even more crucial.
A chance to reset isn't such a bad thing when your pack is superior.

In my mind our game plan was exactly the same as the Maroons - far too conservative. We hit hard, and defence was sound. But four one ups and a kick isn't going to do shit, especially when we are being raped by poor decisions. You have to make your own luck, and with an u12s game plan, you will struggle to best any side. I'm starting to think McCullough is somewhat at fault.

I made comments during the game Wednesday night that watching QLD was starting to feel like watching Brisbane.....

We'll be good....but we'll never be good enough.

Boyd improved again ... actually was one of our best last night ... although i'm certain some people's agendas and egos will never allow them to admit this even to themselves.

Cummins must have been nervous at halftime, since given his performance in the second half, he clearly bet his house on the Storm

Our passing is fucking hopeless, in particular our dummy half passing. I don't think I've seen a bunch of so-called footballers that are bog average at passing. So many passes going behind a runner or at their heads making the runner have to stop his momentum to catch a fucking ball.

It's been like this for a while now. The worst offenders are Nickorima, Macca, Milf and McGuire. The dummy half position in this team must be cursed because no matter who is in there for a particular play, their passes are just shit 80% of the time.

Surely they can get this fundamental part of the game right. You know, the one when you first take up footy as a kid and you spend all day just passing and kicking it to mates. It's not fucking hard to pass a ball just in front of someone so they can run onto it.

Boyd improved again ... actually was one of our best last night ... although i'm certain some people's agendas and egos will never allow them to admit this even to themselves.

Cummins must have been nervous at halftime, since given his performance in the second half, he clearly bet his house on the Storm
Yeah I really liked the part when he left Munster to go thru that hole. Didn't know I was watching touch footy...

We have to learn the value of conserving our players efforts we have been run down.
We need more kicks for touch after an extended period in our own half.
In regards to this. I think we don't kick for touch because our players aren't actually skilled enough to execute it effectively.

- Macca will try every now and then but he never looks like he gets a good strike on the ball and it always seems to lack distance.
- Milf appears to have the biggest kick in the team but just lacks accuracy and execution at times (although this is improving). His torp bombs look far less intimidating than most other halves.
- Kodi's only good kicks are those 4th tackle kicks on the run, which most halves can execute.

When we try to run the clock down with the lead we usually shave off 15-20m to make sure it gets into touch ie those garbage grubbers they do 5m from touch drilling it into the grand stand. Whereas other teams will be disappointed if they don't get it inside the 10.

Their lack of ability would have them worried that they'll give away a 7 tackle set if they get it wrong so they put up the bomb instead.

Active Now

• Allo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Midean
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • GCBRONCO
  • Brotherdu
  • Scorchie
  • simplythebest
  • Battler
  • BroncosMan
  • Justwin
  • Organix
  • Mustafur
  • broncsgoat
  • porouian
  • winslow_wong
  • Strop
  • Dazza 92
  • Culhwch
  • Fatboy
... and 30 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.