Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

I love WB but after today and after thinking about the way Melbourne just keep on beating us I'm starting to waver just a teensy weeney bit about how good an idea it is to keep WB coaching us. I hate to think Porthoz etc are right but the evidence, you know..... I mean CB just keeps belting WB and I know rugby league's a simple game but maybe, just maybe it is time for new direction. Not saying it is mind you and I think reyter is right, at seasons end we need a big review and reassessment.

One things certain, most of our team is fine (especially considering our injuries) etc but Milford and Nikorima are not working. Time for WB to put a line through them and do a Tony Beets and 'rip them fucking outa there'

Make it happening

Boyd improved again ... actually was one of our best last night ... although i'm certain some people's agendas and egos will never allow them to admit this even to themselves.

Cummins must have been nervous at halftime, since given his performance in the second half, he clearly bet his house on the Storm

His piss poor attempt on munster was terrible

His piss poor attempt on munster was terrible
Yeah, not sure how he could look at his teammates in the eye after that one. If Wayne is fair dinkum about getting the season up and running, he needs to start ripping some new arseholes. There's a few guys out there just phoning in at the moment.

Yeah I really liked the part when he left Munster to go thru that hole. Didn't know I was watching touch footy...

thanks for providing a timely example of my point ...

you must have been extremely busy yesterday since you only appear to have watched about 10 seconds of the match.

because if you had watched the full match you would have seen:

his good try
his brilliant try saver on Vunivalu where he was somehow able to hold him up over the line
his 133 running meters, which for the record was the most from any team (equal with TPJ)
the several times he was able to save us from a repeat set by getting the ball out of the ingoal (and not getting pushed into touch)

thanks for providing a timely example of my point ...

you must have been extremely busy yesterday since you only appear to have watched about 10 seconds of the match.

because if you had watched the full match you would have seen:

his good try
his brilliant try saver on Vunivalu where he was somehow able to hold him up over the line
his 133 running meters, which for the record was the most from any team (equal with TPJ)
the several times he was able to save us from a repeat set by getting the ball out of the ingoal (and not getting pushed into touch)
He's the captain. He should be leading by example and for you to think it's ok he brings defense like that... Wow. Your right he was great!

He's the captain. He should be leading by example and for you to think it's ok he brings defense like that... Wow. Your right he was great!

you obviously have ridiculously high standards that no player in the history of the game could ever live up to ...

I have even seen Darren Lockyer make mistakes like that, but no-one would have ever claimed he had a shit game for making that type of defensive mistake

you obviously have ridiculously high standards that no player in the history of the game could ever live up to ...

I have even seen Darren Lockyer make mistakes like that, but no-one would have ever claimed he had a shit game for making that type of defensive mistake
You even see Slater, Tedesco and Trbojevic do it pretty often. Fullbacks are rarely good defenders

Last edited:
Was joe not the worst offender in the Munster try?

Boyd is running the ball a lot better recently

Anyone else think that our 4th and 5th tackle options were way better when McGuire was out?
Yes , he's a one eyed battering ram , sorry but he's so way overrated I can't understand why he gets so many raps. His abilities are way too limited and he can't offload ,sorry Moose not a fan

Context. The reason McGuire is tasked with taking those 4th tackle hit-ups is because we haven't gained enough momentum to throw the ball out wide and put on an attacking play. If we try that, it'll likely be a back-rower or centre getting swamped and dominated in a tackle, with the 5th tackle kicker being under immense pressure. Or worse, the half getting stuck with it so we only have one available kicker with a massive target on them. McGuire more often than not can get an extra 10 metres, get to his knees and elbows, and get a quick PTB which helps the kicker greatly.

Last edited:
Context. The reason McGuire is tasked with taking those 4th tackle hit-ups is because we haven't gained enough momentum to throw the ball out wide and put on an attacking play. If we try that, it'll likely be a back-rower or centre getting swamped and dominated in a tackle, with the 5th tackle kicker being under immense pressure. Or worse, the half getting stuck with it so we only have one available kicker with a massive target on them. McGuire more often than not can get an extra 10 metres, get to his knees and elbows, and get a quick PTB which helps the kicker greatly.

Wouldn’t it make more sense for him to take it earlier to gain the momentum to send it wide? Or get away an early kick. We can’t structure our sets purely to get a solid platform for a 5th tackle kick

Those 4th and 5th tackle hit ups really suit the Storm defensive style, we rarely offload so they were would just commit 3 men and gang tackle us, they then get the man on his back or work on turning him or driving him back on the ground and its slows the whole play the ball down.

It is then hard to get momentum.

Last edited:
Wouldn’t it make more sense for him to take it earlier to gain the momentum to send it wide? Or get away an early kick. We can’t structure our sets purely to get a solid platform for a 5th tackle kick
That's basically our whole game plan at the moment.

Yes , he's a one eyed battering ram , sorry but he's so way overrated I can't understand why he gets so many raps. His abilities are way too limited and he can't offload ,sorry Moose not a fan

I don't even think he's even that good of a battering ram. Seems to get stopped dead in his tracks on first contact.

Credit where it’s due; Boyd played probably his best game of the year this weekend (IMO, he still has a long way to go to get back to his best though).

But that miss was not a simple mistake, it was a lazy and unforgivable effort. Sadly, such an effort isn’t an isolated incident in 2018.

Lockyer definitely missed tackles, but not because he had either switched off or didn’t bother to try like Boyd did yesterday. Further; absolutely no player is perfect, but for every try Lockyer directly missed a tackle in, he probably set up 10. Boyd sure-as-day isn’t doing that.

Lockyer was the ultimate competitor. Boyd just isn’t. To compare the two in this context is just wrong.

I think some are being unnecessarily harsh on the boys for yesterday’s performance... I agree that in a vacuum some of the plays (the poor defence that allowed Munsters try, some 5th tackle options late in the 2nd half) were very poor but **** me Melbourne weren’t handed that game by Ben Cummins.

I thought we came out and aimed up, especially in the forwards, Darius looked much better than he has in a long long time and we were controlling the game.

Obviously there are still issues around game management through 6,7 and 9 but I don’t believe there is a team in the comp that could have beaten the storm with the amount of bullshit calls they got.

Active Now

• Galah
  • NSW stables
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Johnny92
  • Battler
  • Harry Sack
  • Redux
  • Allo
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.