Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I’m missing your point

You have been reading the forum these past few months ?
I have seen several comments saying both Selwyn and Ezra need a cpl more seasons in Q Cup to learn to play . I think the people who say that are poor judges .

So my post was sarcasm directed towards those that say they are not ready .

Even little thing like how he gets into dummy half and gives Paix/Walters a break for whole sets out of our end while providing good service.

Ezra was doing that last night . Early tackles on the left side Ezra was subbing at Dummy Half .
A lot of full backs do it . But the rookie 5 / 8 ??

You have been reading the forum these past few months ?
I have seen several comments saying both Selwyn and Ezra need a cpl more seasons in Q Cup to learn to play . I think the people who say that are poor judges .

So my post was sarcasm directed towards those that say they are not ready .
Not sure anyone said Ezra needed a couple more seasons. Most people said he needed to play more Q cup this year against men which he’s done. He also has very simplified role outside of Reynolds and Gamble where he can just focus on making his tackles and getting the occasional ball in space. He went missing as soon as Reynolds went off - which is fine but it’s to be expected from a inexperienced half.

Cobbo doesn’t need years in cup but outside of his freak running game he has plenty of areas that need to improve before the team is better off with him at fullback over Martin. You can’t have a mute at fullback.

I think Martin is growing really well into the fullback role. I think if he’s willing to stay here, he actually is a long term fullback for us. He has gotten better each week.

He reminds me of Boyd at his peak - his influence is obvious. He conserves his energy really well, finds the grass on kick returns to not get driven back, safe under the high ball, always calm, great in defence., play more of a distribution role in attack. They both approach fullback from a really calm and intelligent way, rather than being the most athletically dominating.

Cobbo is a few years off and Herbie is dreaming.

The spine is actually resembling 2015 somewhat

1. Martin plays like Boyd
6. Mam plays like Milf
7. Reynolds is like Hunt if you squint
9. Walters/Paix = Macca/Kniko
I think now that we're seeing Mam come into his own with Reynolds, most likely (at least from my own POV) the push for TMM to 5/8 stemmed from having an average option in there in Gamble.

Quite happy to leave TMM at fullback for a lot of the reasons you list....plus, Mam & Reynolds, looking good.

Not sure anyone said Ezra needed a couple more season. Most people said he needed to play down Q cup this year against men which he’s done. He also has very simplified role outside of Reynolds and Gamble where he can just focus on making his tackles and getting the occasional ball in space. He went missing as soon as Reynolds went off - which is fine but it’s to be expected from a inexperienced half.

Cobbo doesn’t need years in cup but outside of his freak running game he has plenty of areas that need to improve before the team is better off with him at fullback over Martin. You can’t have a mute at fullback.

I have seen several posts saying they aren`t ready .
I scratched my head .

The day is coming when TMM will have to contest for bombs . That will be the tell . So far he has had to catch some rain makers and floaters out in the open . But , when he has to jump against tall 2nd rowers or centres he will struggle because of his size . That hasn`t been exploited just yet ...

More like a sushi train these days

He was like the little girl with a curl .
When he was good , he was very , very good . When he was bad he was horrid .

I'm not in favour of writing the game off. The points differential matters and so does pride in the jersey. I'm in favour of giving Mozer a brief debut if Kevvie wants to dip his toe in the water, but not if it means surrendering points without a fight. That's not what this club is about. Not on Kevvie's watch.
Mozer got injured today. Looked like he hurt his left knee. Had to be taken off even though they used up all their changes
Mozer might be injured also. @Locky's Left Boot posted this yesterday but havent heard anything from the Broncos regarding it.

I have seen several posts saying they aren`t ready .
I scratched my head .

The day is coming when TMM will have to contest for bombs . That will be the tell . So far he has had to catch some rain makers and floaters out in the open . But , when he has to jump against tall 2nd rowers or centres he will struggle because of his size . That hasn`t been exploited just yet ...
He’s played 7 games there now and it hasn’t been an issue - that’s basically half the comp.

He’s either taller or within 2cm of about half the fullbacks in the comp. don’t think it’s as big of an issue as your making out. His defensive organisation and work has far outweighed any issues his height may cause.

He’s played 7 games there now and it hasn’t been an issue - that’s basically half the comp.

He’s either taller or within 2cm of about half the fullbacks in the comp. don’t think it’s as big of an issue as your making out. His defensive organisation and work has far outweighed any issues his height may cause.

Saw it yesterday with JP . Saw it yesterday with K Nick .
Same blue print against TMM . Tall guys running with the flight of the ball vs shorter full back standing still . Tall guy has advantages . Those lanky guys have long arms and with a run and jump vs standing still .

I'm not in favour of writing the game off. The points differential matters and so does pride in the jersey. I'm in favour of giving Mozer a brief debut if Kevvie wants to dip his toe in the water, but not if it means surrendering points without a fight. That's not what this club is about. Not on Kevvie's watch.

What about yesterday impressed you enough to say he can play NRL?

not to mention that two of those games were against Burton and Milford who put up the most difficult bombs to take in the NRL

Perhaps not, but he was following the game plan. That's all the coaching staff would expect from him.
Either way, our kick chase needs to be on song. But most importantly, wrap up the ball. Offloads are killing us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.