vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Walters is half back would it be worth aiming all kicks low and towards the sidelines with the aim for it to go out just to slow down play where possible? Every time he kicked it on the full to savage, we got burned for it and I imagine Pap will do the same to us.
Our 5th tackle options need to be very controlled and when we've had a good 'rolling forward' set kicking to the corners with a lower punched trajectory is a great idea. I wish I could convince more people that a seven tackle set against us is not the horrible result so many make it out to be.

My view is you're right but I'd add that the ball going dead past the corner post is not an issue, it's just one extra tackle but starting with a set defensive line (after a brief rest while you wait fir the attack to get back on side.

We regularly defend 10-12 long sets from 20 metres out, 7 from 80 metres out's a breeze.

Extra bonus is sometimes the ball pulls up 'in goal' or takes a funny bounce.

Look right now this is my take on things. Herbie is well and truly unfortunate but let’s pray he can be back for finals footy. Reyno as long as it’s not broken ribs I’m fine 3 weeks to get over whatever it is before the Cows fine. Personally I’d be replacing him with Tyrone Roberts. We actually want to have a crack at these blokes I couldn’t think of anyone better in our squad to replace Reyno let alone in our situation having to grab a cup player. Regardless of Reynolds outcome Tyrone Roberts is halfback in last years premiership q-cup team, they are up there again, he has the runs on the board and has proven he can be a high level half at the NRL to a degree. Haas some applies 3 weeks, would prefer he doesn’t play origin he is beyond fucked with those shoulders. Kotoni, TMM, Capes and Selwyn all back next week. Paix same applies 3 weeks and if not don’t push to hard.

1. TMM
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Lee
5. Cobbo
6. Mam
7. Roberts
8. Jensen
9. Walters
10. Palasia
11. Riki
12. Capewell
13. Carrigan
14. Turpin
15. Flegler
16. Hetherington
17. Robati

Backline speaks relatively for itself wouldn't argue with anyone who wants to put Hoeter there either. Forward pack and bench only surprise is I have got Keenan starting, proven he has done it and I think we defiinetly need a point of difference over Melbourne and Flegler, Hetho and Robati coming off the bench with leg speed, defence, energy, ball playing (passing and offloads) and their form.

What's the deal with the fangirl crying over Herbie? What I said was true. It was disrespectful to Te Maire. That was the context.
Anyone else complaining about herbie and I'd accept it, but you have something against the kid

Anyone else complaining about herbie and I'd accept it, but you have something against the kid
You can give your balls a tug too. Harden up, you blubbering fangirl. He disrespected Te Maire.

Was on triple m footy not long ago
Who was? Are these scan results or wild ass speculations based on probable recovery times from suspected injuries?

Look right now this is my take on things. Herbie is well and truly unfortunate but let’s pray he can be back for finals footy. Reyno as long as it’s not broken ribs I’m fine 3 weeks to get over whatever it is before the Cows fine. Personally I’d be replacing him with Tyrone Roberts. We actually want to have a crack at these blokes I couldn’t think of anyone better in our squad to replace Reyno let alone in our situation having to grab a cup player. Regardless of Reynolds outcome Tyrone Roberts is halfback in last years premiership q-cup team, they are up there again, he has the runs on the board and has proven he can be a high level half at the NRL to a degree. Haas some applies 3 weeks, would prefer he doesn’t play origin he is beyond fucked with those shoulders. Kotoni, TMM, Capes and Selwyn all back next week. Paix same applies 3 weeks and if not don’t push to hard.

1. TMM
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Lee
5. Cobbo
6. Mam
7. Roberts
8. Jensen
9. Walters
10. Palasia
11. Riki
12. Capewell
13. Carrigan
14. Turpin
15. Flegler
16. Hetherington
17. Robati

Backline speaks relatively for itself wouldn't argue with anyone who wants to put Hoeter there either. Forward pack and bench only surprise is I have got Keenan starting, proven he has done it and I think we defiinetly need a point of difference over Melbourne and Flegler, Hetho and Robati coming off the bench with leg speed, defence, energy, ball playing (passing and offloads) and their form.

Roberts was injured last night in Cairns.

So based on the injury news, it is looking likely to be:

1. Martin
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Lee
5. Cobbo
6. Mam
7. Reynolds
8. Haas
9. Walters
10. Jensen
11. Capewell
12. Riki
13. Carrigan

14. Hetherington
15. Flegler
16. Palasia
17. Robati

That is a LOT better than it seemed about 12 hours ago.

So based on the injury news, it is looking likely to be:

1. Martin
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Lee
5. Cobbo
6. Mam
7. Reynolds
8. Haas
9. Walters
10. Jensen
11. Capewell
12. Riki
13. Carrigan

14. Hetherington
15. Flegler
16. Palasia
17. Robati

That is a LOT better than it seemed about 12 hours ago.
Not so bad. I just hope Reynolds doesn’t go down after a few heavy shots to the body. Wouldn’t mind seeing him rested if he’s not 100%.

who goes to hooker so Walters has a break? Kobe?

Not so bad. I just hope Reynolds doesn’t go down after a few heavy shots to the body. Wouldn’t mind seeing him rested if he’s not 100%.

who goes to hooker so Walters has a break? Kobe?

Yeah that's what I would do. Get him to basically do the B.Smith hybrid middle/hooker role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Organix
  • Gaz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.