vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
so will Kaufusi get suspended for his elbow to Sam Walker. Fox Sports commentators have called it a deliberate strike

He plays for the Storm ... so, that would indicate he'll escape suspension

but he also plays for QLD ... so that indicates that he'll be suspended long enough to miss game 2

🤔

so will Kaufusi get suspended for his elbow to Sam Walker. Fox Sports commentators have called it a deliberate strike

but he also plays for QLD ... so that indicates that he'll be suspended long enough to miss game 2

🤔

Outside the box idea but could you keep JP on the wing and name Cobbo at 7, defending in the front line but TMM plays the halfback role in attack and Selwyn plays fullback in attack?

Didn’t Martin start the year as Ezra’s halves partner at the pies?

Outside the box idea but could you keep JP on the wing and name Cobbo at 7, defending in the front line but TMM plays the halfback role in attack and Selwyn plays fullback in attack?

TMM is/was with the wynumm manly.

Why overcomplicate it? TMM to 7 (assuming he's even fit), Mam stays where he is and Cobbo plays fullback.

Oh boy.

At least we got a good excuse now.

🤔

Tbf, the bloke who said it was deliberate was the NSW assistant coach. Obviously, he was being totally impartial.

TMM should chuck a sicky to protect his record 😅

People will raise eyebrows but I deadset think the club should just categorically write this game off. Just rest whoever has even a slight injury concern and run out the Baby Broncos, because we all know we aren't winning down there anyway. We could field a full strength side and the refs would still find a way to do us over.

Short term pain, long term gain. Accept that the top 4 is a pipe dream now and go into the finals in as strong a position as possible in terms of fitness. Getting knocked out in the Semis or Prelims should be considered a MASSIVE victory of a season considering recent years, and go into next year with big expectations.

Can Robati handle lock?

I would like to see Robati in the side, and with Haas gone, we could move Patty to the front row and Robati to lock. He has been really good for us in his past couple of games, and his offloading provides us with an extra attacking option. That offload to Martin was superb.

Kevvie always said he wanted a ball-playing lock, and if he could handle the physical demands of the lock role, his ball-playing ability would be an asset for us.

I’m not writing us off at all. It’s going to be extremely tough but if I’m over Covid by then, I’m going. What the team did last night was extremely impressive. Canberra played amazingly well and we took them down despite a million injuries.

That said, even if we lose for the next month or so now, we have basically just about qualified for finals already. It will be tough from the bottom of the eight in this scenario but if we get most of these guys back, they’ll be fresh at the right time of the year. I wonder if we could enquire about Berrell now.

If we lose all of the injured blokes, we’ll likely run something like:

1. Cobbo
2. Quai-Ward
3. Hoeter
4. Lee
5. Pereira
6. Mam
7. Walters
8. Flegler
9. Turpin
10. Jensen
11. Capewell
12. Riki
13. Carrigan

14. Hetherington
15. Kennedy
16. Palasia
17. Robati

It isn’t great but I think they can do it, this could be a special season. And also, some of the injured guys will likely play like Staggs, Reynolds. Is Niu back yet?

I also guess there’s a chance Haas has played his last game for us.

People will raise eyebrows but I deadset think the club should just categorically write this game off. Just rest whoever has even a slight injury concern and run out the Baby Broncos, because we all know we aren't winning down there anyway. We could field a full strength side and the refs would still find a way to do us over.

Short term pain, long term gain. Accept that the top 4 is a pipe dream now and go into the finals in as strong a position as possible in terms of fitness. Getting knocked out in the Semis or Prelims should be considered a MASSIVE victory of a season considering recent years, and go into next year with big expectations.
Couldn’t agree more. Give those players with niggling injuries the week off. With the rep round that’s 3 weeks rest.

If Walters is half back would it be worth aiming all kicks low and towards the sidelines with the aim for it to go out just to slow down play where possible? Every time he kicked it on the full to savage, we got burned for it and I imagine Pap will do the same to us.

If Walters is half back would it be worth aiming all kicks low and towards the sidelines with the aim for it to go out just to slow down play where possible? Every time he kicked it on the full to savage, we got burned for it and I imagine Pap will do the same to us.
The reason Savage was bombed is because we knew he was susceptible under the high ball. We did manage to get two scrums in front of their posts due to his dropping the ball don't forget.

The reason Savage was bombed is because we knew he was susceptible under the high ball. We did manage to get two scrums in front of their posts due to his dropping the ball don't forget.
That was from Reynolds kicking though, I don’t think Walters has the same variety in his kicks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• RolledOates
  • marw
  • Browny
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.