Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Mams got a spot in our halfs for life now.....cant see how you can take him out of this team now...great effort.

Nice to see Tyrone get some game time, yet again another astute bit of business by our front office. Break in case of emergency type but im glad we have him..

No wonder Turps is going; 21 tackles and....nothing else....i know we had no choice but that performance has boosted Mozers career here...wonder if hes in the 17 by end of year?

Look, this is a dynastic team we came up against. Sure the Panthers are threatening to take that away from them but look back the last 10 years of us playing the Storm, after 10 minutes it wasnt a contest. Look at the half time score here.

I know its a loss but this was a "big" step in this teams development. We palyed as well as we were able to for the full 80. Im proud of the effort, and i dont often say that after another loss to the Storm..

But, i reiterate my call to the club; i said this while we were on our winning streak. Whether its going to the market or internally, we need to upgrade our hooker and fullback.

TMM with 30 run metres! WTF! The minimum you should expect from a top 8 fullback is 200m.

He is our best option now, but im not convinced with him we have solved our fullback issues.

I do notice Cook runs his contract with Souths down end of 23. Can lightning stike twice?
Paix and Mozer have enough promise for us to not need to sign a hooker in my opinion. TMM I’m still not sure on, he was great that first half and with 3 of our 4 outside backs getting over 100m every week, we don’t really need him to run for huge metres. His ball playing was great that first half.

His positioning fell apart in the second half though and I think that was the first real period since he started for us where he didn’t look up to it.

Given the minutes Billy can do I think it's a safe choice to try Mozer off the bench for the next game.

Paix and Mozer have enough promise for us to not need to sign a hooker in my opinion. TMM I’m still not sure on, he was great that first half and with 3 of our 4 outside backs getting over 100m every week, we don’t really need him to run for huge metres. His ball playing was great that first half.

His positioning fell apart in the second half though and I think that was the first real period since he started for us where he didn’t look up to it.
He is really a half isnt he..?

Paix and Mozer hooker rotation is unproven though. Geez id love to think this is precisely what happens for the next 3-5 years.

But, then i see the impact Arey has had both on the club and the development of Mam.

Imagine, for instance, Cook having a few years here helping out Paix and Mozer...

You know we can blame the ref all we like and yeah it’s disappointing but there were some players who just didn’t do well enough. Made it impossible to win and stay on top when we gave them endless piggy backs and simple errors right in front of our try line that lead to points. I’m proud that we could come out with that effort in the middle of origin period with cooked bodies, injuries, players missing and get a respectable result. We learnt we can beat them. As a matter of a fact over the last 8 games only once have I thought that was the perfect game and that’s Manly. We haven’t been perfect and got the job done. I hope we can get the full side on the park near finals and we can go as deep as we put our minds to.

We keep a fit side and this team has endless potential.

One of the most frustrating things melbourne and penrith do (which shows it is effective) and they get away with is walking off the mark and either making our markers not square or taking them out all together.

You can see when the are tackled they wiggle their legs to the side of the tackle so when they stand and take a step (or two) to play the ball, our markers are in the wrong position.

He is really a half isnt he..?

Paix and Mozer hooker rotation is unproven though. Geez id love to think this is precisely what happens for the next 3-5 years.

But, then i see the impact Arey has had both on the club and the development of Mam.

Imagine, for instance, Cook having a few years here helping out Paix and Mozer...
Well I meant Paix is our current hooker and Mozer is our future hooker. I don’t think we really need to improve much there. Walters plays his roll fine in the mean time.
I don’t think we need Cook. Ballen is at the club providing advice. Mozer isn’t going to wait behind Cook and Paix for 3 years.

TMM is an organising and ball
playing fullback like Boyd was. He’s a better half probably but he’s also been a great fullback. I’m not against going to market but it would need to be a pretty elite option to make it worth while.

I really liked Kevvie's response in the presser when asked about the forward passes. He just shut it down and sometimes you get them for you, sometimes you don't. He also said his team was good but not great and singled out some guys for praise, Roberts too. To me, he is a coach that gets it now, love the bloke. He didn't complain about the many decisions that went against us and while happy with the effort under the circumstances, did not use the circumstances as a get out clause. You can see why the players love to play for him.
Yes, and that's all that ever needs to be said about them.

Unfortunately rusted on Broncos fans have been quick to return the betwetting sooks they were before we went on the recent run. The level of whinging and finger pointing today is depressingly familiar.

The Storm didn't "cheat" last night. They used the rules to their advantage. They played to every threshold the way they always do. That's what they're best at. They're the smartest team in the competition. We're the gutsiest.

Touch judges and refs mightn't catch every forward pass, but I tell you who's hopeless at it: fans. We don't know our arses from our elbows when it comes to the physics of motion. It's tiring having to explain time and time again why the ball is allowed to "travel forward." What it's not allowed to do is commence travel to a player who is front of the ball carrier. Does this really need explanation again?

**** me dead.

He hit a bit of a wall after Origin and a week off, it was to be expected really being so inexperienced.

Unfortunately rusted on Broncos fans have been quick to return the betwetting sooks they were before we went on the recent run. The level of whinging and finger pointng today is depressingly familiar.

The Storm didn't "cheat" last night. They used the rules to their advantage. They played to every threshold the way they always do. That's what they're best at. They're the smartest team in the competition. We're the gutsiest.

Touch judges and refs mightn't catch every forward pass, but I tell you who's hopeless at it: fans. We don't know our arses from our elbows when it comes to the physics of motion. It's tiring having to explain time and time again why the ball is allowed to "travel forward." What it's not allowed to do is commence travel to a player who is front of the ball carrier. Does this really need explanation again?

**** me dead.
I don't believe you are actually completely correct about the bolded old mate.

Pretty good effort really. Ref was sodomising us all game. If Cobbo cleans that ball up (which he had covered) and if the refs and touchies did their fucking job with that Meaney forward pass, we're right in it up to our ball bags.

One thing that was obvious was that there was no real urgency on at line at times. I think Martin had a pretty forgettable second half. His positioning wasn't great and looked a bit tentative. We looked a different team when Walters and Carrigan went off in the second half. Just didn't have much punch through the middle.
Martin's ribs might be an explanation. It was a good result. We should simply be pleased, forget the game and look forward to a refreshed team back soon, winning.

I don't believe you are actually completely correct about the bolded old mate.
If you're passing to a player in front of you, it's a forward pass. It has nothing to do with the path of the ball relative to a line on the ground. Balls passed along a backline often look like forward passes. Sometimes they are, but they have to be blatant for us to pick them from the TV.

Interesting decision by Kev to use Palasia for 4 minutes
It's very poor use of the bench. You need all your forwards used up, their 100% game. By this I mean each forward can do a 'full speed until spent' game or a more leisurely measured speed game. Your bench forwards, under normal circumstances should be used to provide a 100% Max effort. In another losing game to the Titans KW did the same thing.

I think KW was strongly emotionally invested in beating Bellamy and the Storm and I don't think learned to detach a little. Just a theory.

It's very poor use of the bench. You need all your forwards used up, their 100% game. By this I mean each forward can do a 'full speed until spent' game or a more leisurely measured speed game. Your bench forwards, under normal circumstances should be used to provide a 100% Max effort. In another losing game to the Titans KW did the same thing.

I think KW was strongly emotionally invested in beating Bellamy and the Storm and I don't think learned to detach a little. Just a theory.
I actually thought his bench use against Canberra was poor prior to the injuries but was made to look brilliant because of the injuries that eventually occurred too. It’s an area he’s improved a lot on but I think could still be better.
Wtf do I know though

Unfortunately rusted on Broncos fans have been quick to return the betwetting sooks they were before we went on the recent run. The level of whinging and finger pointing today is depressingly familiar.

**** me dead.

This is the biggest load of horseshit ive read all month.

The fans have every right to be pissed off at those missed forward passes, and if you spent one second looking beyond the Broncos fanbase you would see it was not just Broncos calling the refs and touchies out for that performance, it was literally everyone, to the point where the running joke across social media today was how the Storm played an excellent game of NFL.

There is a big difference between being sooks, and being understandably frustrated with poor officiating.
The Melbourne Storm are a smart team in that they exploit the rules, its as simple as that.
There is no pride in what they do, and no self respecting football fan would call them a decent side based on the shit they have brought into the modern game.
From the multitude of dangerous tackle techniques to bending the rules and finding loopholes with the explicit intention of getting an unfair advantage.

I generally like your posts Mchunt, but you should feel bad for this one and promptly punch yourself in the nuts.

This is the biggest load of horseshit ive read all month.

The fans have every right to be pissed off at those missed forward passes, and if you spent one second looking beyond the Broncos fanbase you would see it was not just Broncos calling the refs and touchies out for that performance, it was literally everyone, to the point where the running joke across social media today was how the Storm played an excellent game of NFL.

There is a big difference between being sooks, and being understandably frustrated with poor officiating.
The Melbourne Storm are a smart team in that they exploit the rules, its as simple as that.
There is no pride in what they do, and no self respecting football fan would call them a decent side based on the shit they have brought into the modern game.
From the multitude of dangerous tackle techniques to bending the rules and finding loopholes with the explicit intention of getting an unfair advantage.

I generally like your posts Mchunt, but you should feel bad for this one and promptly punch yourself in the nuts.
Need a tissue? We lost. Get over it.

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.