Broncos

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manofoneway

Manofoneway

NRL Player
May 22, 2022
I think the trick to this may be to name Mam as the acting vice captain until Reynolds returns. It's pushing a masterstroke, but it might work.
Mam needs to just focus on making his tackles and running the ball. Been disappointing the last few games. Need him to step up during this period and demand the ball

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
It will have been 6 weeks since the injury and I think they classed it as a 6-8 week injury so he'll be very close
What have we learnt so far from rushing back injured players?

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Murray is overrated. He's past it.

Willison completely changes our bench. Hetherington will step up too.
After seeing how Talakai and Royce brutalized us, I'm yet to be convinced we have that kind of strike power laying untapped. You'll get 100% effort from Kobe, but it makes me sad to say he will never instill that level of terror in the opposition. I think we're unfairly overrating Willison at this stage in his career. I'm sure he has mountains to give, he certainly has the frame, but I don't think we can expect him to transform into Tallis overnight.

Kevvie recruited/promoted extraordinarily poorly this season. No doubt restricted by the salary cap squeeze. We have talent, but zero menace, not even from Payne. Gosiewski was an absolutely bewildering recruit, a desperation buy.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
I think the trick to this may be to name Mam as the acting vice captain until Reynolds returns. It's pushing a masterstroke, but it might work.
I don't disagree with where you're coming from, but captaincy isn't something you're given to see how it fits on you, it's something you command. Ezra doesn't need to be made captain. He needs to take over marshaling the backs because that's implicit in his existing job description at 6.

Santa

Santa

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jun 30, 2020
After seeing how Talakai and Royce brutalized us, I'm yet to be convinced we have that kind of strike power laying untapped. You'll get 100% effort from Kobe, but it makes me sad to say he will never instill that level of terror in the opposition. I think we're unfairly overrating Willison at this stage in his career. I'm sure he has mountains to give, he certainly has the frame, but I don't think we can expect him to transform into Tallis overnight.

Kevvie recruited/promoted extraordinarily poorly this season. No doubt restricted by the salary cap squeeze. We have talent, but zero menace, not even from Payne. Gosiewski was an absolutely bewildering recruit, a desperation buy.
Yea, it would be awesome to have someone like Royce off the bench lol.

I think (without the injuries), a bench of Willison, TeKura, and Smoothy isn't too bad, we just need that 4th x factor player - which I hoped would be Hetherington.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Yea, it would be awesome to have someone like Royce off the bench lol.

I think (without the injuries), a bench of Willison, TeKura, and Smoothy isn't too bad, we just need that 4th x factor player - which I hoped would be Hetherington.

I'm not sure I'd have TeKura on our bench full time, as I still think it would be beneficial to both him and us for him to be playing longer minutes in the QLD Cup.

That said, I'd love him on the bench during the remainder of the origin period. We need to reduce Patty's minutes to give the guy some rest

Santa

Santa

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jun 30, 2020
I'm not sure I'd have TeKura on our bench full time, as I still think it would be beneficial to both him and us for him to be playing longer minutes in the QLD Cup.

That said, I'd love him on the bench during the remainder of the origin period. We need to reduce Patty's minutes to give the guy some rest
Don't think he'll be back from injury this season 😞.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Don't think he'll be back from injury this season 😞.

Damn ... Didn't even realise he was injured.

NRL.com don't have him listed on our casualty ward

Ondi

Ondi

BRL Player
Apr 4, 2024
I just want the boys to pass the eye test. Look like you give a **** and I can forgive most things. I can already tell I'm going to have to do some deep breathing exercises or something before kick-off this Friday.
Frustrated Chill GIF by Daily Burn

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Oates left training with a sore knee.

Arthars training with a red bib, due back for Warriors.

Willison back after the birth of his child.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Let’s go radical and put Willison on the wing hehe

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Badel: "Oates’ ailment does not appear serious and the Broncos will hope he is on deck to face the Rabbitohs"

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I'd love to see Karaparani on the wing. His speed and work out of dummy half in his 2 games he played was good value. He is raw but he knows he needs to work hard to stay in the squad.

Manofoneway

Manofoneway

NRL Player
May 22, 2022
I'd love to see Karaparani on the wing. His speed and work out of dummy half in his 2 games he played was good value. He is raw but he knows he needs to work hard to stay in the squad.
After watching him pass a ball I don't have much confidence that he can catch one..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• ettybay
  • pennywisealfie
  • ChewThePhatt
  • ivanhungryjak
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.