10. Haas
11. Gosiewski
12. Riki
13. Carrigan

14. Smoothy
15. Willison
16. Hetherington
17. Piakura
I think that bench provides more impact than what we had last week and looks much better with Willison back. If Gos can hold his own for 30mins or so then Piakura can be injected back end of the half against tired forwards.

It was a total mismatch against sharks... Kobe, Gos & Baker vs Hunt, Williams, Hazelton and Tuku... they must've had about 150kg on us in a direct weight comparison.

I see the broncos nemesis Havili only played 5mins last week... is he injured or did Souths just rest him so he can play the full 80mins against us?

I think that bench provides more impact than what we had last week and looks much better with Willison back. If Gos can hold his own for 30mins or so then Piakura can be injected back end of the half against tired forwards.

It was a total mismatch against sharks... Kobe, Gos & Baker vs Hunt, Williams, Hazelton and Tuku... they must've had about 150kg on us in a direct weight comparison.

I see the broncos nemesis Havili only played 5mins last week... is he injured or did Souths just rest him so he can play the full 80mins against us?
was bringing the kick off back and pulled up lame... looked like a calf issue

That's an interesting point, let's look into it. This is only their billed weight, so it's not 100% accurate, but would give you a ball-park.

Broncos
Tyson Smoothy - 181cm 97kg
Kobe Hetherington - 183cm 95kg
Jack Gosiewski - 190cm 95kg
Fletcher Baker - 194cm 107kg
Combined: Height: 748cm, Weight: 394kg

Sharks
Thomas Hazelton - 198cm 116kg
Jack Williams - 184cm 98kg
Royce Hunt - 192cm 114kg
Tukupa-Ke Hau-Tapuha - 196cm 114kg
Combined: Height: 770cm, Weight: 442kg

Cronulla with a combined weight advantage of 48kg. Granted the Broncos starting pack had a weight advantage of 39kg and they weren't exactly dominating field position. That largely came down to the backrow and somehow Billy has 8 kgs on Brailey, which explains how he was able to SMASH through the teeth of the defence.

Willison according to Wiki is 199cm 114kg.

It will be interesting to see how Kevie responds. Willison will obviously return likely for Baker, but are the other bench players safe?

Ben Te Kura would have tipped the scales considerably - 205cm 122kg according to Wiki.

That's an interesting point, let's look into it. This is only their billed weight, so it's not 100% accurate, but would give you a ball-park.

Broncos
Tyson Smoothy - 181cm 97kg
Kobe Hetherington - 183cm 95kg
Jack Gosiewski - 190cm 95kg
Fletcher Baker - 194cm 107kg
Combined: Height: 748cm, Weight: 394kg

Sharks
Thomas Hazelton - 198cm 116kg
Jack Williams - 184cm 98kg
Royce Hunt - 192cm 114kg
Tukupa-Ke Hau-Tapuha - 196cm 114kg
Combined: Height: 770cm, Weight: 442kg

Cronulla with a combined weight advantage of 48kg. Granted the Broncos starting pack had a weight advantage of 39kg and they weren't exactly dominating field position. That largely came down to the backrow and somehow Billy has 8 kgs on Brailey, which explains how he was able to SMASH through the teeth of the defence.

Willison according to Wiki is 199cm 114kg.

It will be interesting to see how Kevie responds. Willison will obviously return likely for Baker, but are the other bench players safe?

Ben Te Kura would have tipped the scales considerably - 205cm 122kg according to Wiki.
Wasnt really thinking of Smoothy as he was hooker and not in the prop and lock battle... interesting that he's heavier than Kobe and Gos though... well interesting / worrying

Sharks with some big boppers on that bench... basically all 115kg except for Jack Williams.

In terms of the bench option Kobe is getting a little concerning. He's getting dominated a bit more in games this year and the catch and wrap is NOT working at all for him... I noticed he went back to his cutting blokes in half approach more in the sharks game.

I think he needs to pick up his game or figure what his role is going to be moving forward... we've gone out to grab 2 middle / edges now, because he hasn't been able to cover the role. If we're coming up against a monster pack again moving forward can we afford to have him in the team??

He needs to start picking up his ball playing and his ability to play edge... if he does that he certainly has a role in that 17 jersey and also allows us to rest Patty more, whilst also adding a bigger body to the bench

Very obvious that our bench is lacking size and impact. The problem really is Kobe and his lack of versatility. He should be the guy who can play the utility forward and centre role but he isn't. Willson is a big boy but we'd be so much better off if we had another big prop to turn to instead of Kobe. Our forwards got pumped against the Sharks.

Very obvious that our bench is lacking size and impact. The problem really is Kobe and his lack of versatility. He should be the guy who can play the utility forward and centre role but he isn't. Willson is a big boy but we'd be so much better off if we had another big prop to turn to instead of Kobe. Our forwards got pumped against the Sharks.
Kobes strength are his speed and footwork through the middle. If we have built enough fatigue throughout the first half he is effective. In games where we have 45% possession he is going to be pretty useless. Particularly coming out of our own end.

the sharks have anyone else apart from hynes in SOO?

Kobes strength are his speed and footwork through the middle. If we have built enough fatigue throughout the first half he is effective. In games where we have 45% possession he is going to be pretty useless. Particularly coming out of our own end.
He's the 3rd forward on the bench time but at the moment he is the 1st or 2nd forward off the bench.

Id like to see Patson in the side soon because Goseiwski is pretty average and I thought Patson looked decent in the trials.

Id like to see Patson in the side soon because Goseiwski is pretty average and I thought Patson looked decent in the trials.

Have you watched him since the trials?

I wonder if Kevvie would be tempted to change things up ever slightly too:

1. Sailor
2. Karapani
3. Staggs
4. Cobbo
5. Mariner
6. Mam
7. Madden
8. Jensen
9. Walters
10. Haas
11. Gosiewski
12. Riki
13. Carrigan

14. Smoothy
15. Willison
16. Hetherington
17. Piakura
I wish he would run with this but we know he won’t tweak anything unless injuries forced him to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Jason Simmons
  • DrGee
  • Pablo
  • Astro
  • Sproj
  • NSW stables
  • Xzei
  • Hurrijo
  • Stix
  • FACTHUNT
  • I bleed Maroon
  • bb_gun
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.