POST GAME Round 15 - Broncos vs Dragons

We looked terrible when Milford went off. Completely disorganised and completely un-threatening in any sense. The only points we got was when basically half the Dragons team fell over and Dearden found a way over.
We also looked terrible with him on the field. Not even worth 500k.
Happily roll with Dearden/Paix moving forward.

Did we miss Payne Haas?
I think having him there in the middle may have given some more attention there and opened up something. I think that not having him there resulted in the team not just passing it to him to rack up some metres. The problem with a favourite weapon is that you use it often and you blunt it. We lack direction and once we have that we can begin to utilise our arsenal more selectively. I would love to see him hitting gaps more often.

Is everyone on here not humbled yet? I seriously do not get it. Sure we put up a fight tonight and 80% of the players can hold their heads up high but we're currently at the bottom of the barrel in terms of talent and standing.

We ARE the worst team in the comp. Has that sunk in yet? Every club eventually reaches this stage and we're no exception, it was always going to happen.

I hope all of you doomsayer's are still with us when things eventually turn around and we can focus on the positives again. You've had it so good for so long that you can no longer see the forest from the trees.
Forest FOR the trees. Totally spot on otherwise😁 your friendly neighbourhood grammar nazi.

Wow, a fullback got trapped in goal. In a split second they have to decide if it's going to keep rolling dead or not.

Mate I just felt like he could have shown a lot more urgency to get there to give himself as much time as possible to make that decision, especially when we were down by 2 with only seconds left and 100m to travel. I'm definitely not blaming the loss on him but it was a standout moment for the wrong reasons for mine.

Mate I just felt like he could have shown a lot more urgency to get there to give himself as much time as possible to make that decision, especially when we were down by 2 with only seconds left and 100m to travel. I'm definitely not blaming the loss on him but it was a standout moment for the wrong reasons for mine.
I think Boyd is rather slow these days.

I got the feeling that Fifita was 'frozen out' by the rest of the team in some ways tonight .. occasions when he could have been brought into a play the ball carrier seemed to often make another choice ... did I imagine this or did anyone else have the same thought.

I got the feeling that Fifita was 'frozen out' by the rest of the team in some ways tonight .. occasions when he could have been brought into a play the ball carrier seemed to often make another choice ... did I imagine this or did anyone else have the same thought.
I think that the Dragons were covering him and forcing that decision.

I thought he was atrocious in his first spell, but he really stepped up when he came back on.

O thought he looked nervous starting, not surprising and made some errors but he wasn’t atrocious. His second stint was great.

Wow, a fullback got trapped in goal. In a split second they have to decide if it's going to keep rolling dead or not. Meh. I hope he plays on, he's been great this season. Best fullback by far in the club and we are going to miss him. Tried his guts out again.

He was ok tonight. He goes from OK to OK.

He's the only FB in the club at the moment. Can't wait for him to retire so we can at last move forward. We could have been developing a FB for years but for Boyd

I dont know if it was an urgency thing. He needed to take the risk and make a grab for the ball earlier. He was being over careful imo and it cost him and us. Looking back on it i dont think it was an easy pick up as people think, but it was a do or die situation and he just didnt take the risk when he should have.

Unread

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • Justwin
  • bert_lifts
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Foordy
  • Astro
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.