POST GAME Round 15 - Broncos vs Dragons

To be fair, I don’t think many are saying he had a bad game, he didn’t but that last play was really, really poor.
Well to be fair he may have been struggling to even breathe, to be fair. Not saying you're wrong, it looked poor but Carrigan DID cost us that vital two points and only needed to turn and chase blocking old mate. I just KNOW if it was Boyd who had done that it would have been the play that cost us the game. Nobody's talking about it because it was Patty but we did lose by two and it was unnecessary. All he had to do was turn into old mates path and start chasing. Would have been a 7 tackle set to us. It's about balance.

Last edited:
He didn't play at the ball. That there was even debate about it sucks,
I liked vautin's take on the strip over rule. If you can somehow steal a ball with the back of your hand, that is some special skill.
I liked the way our centres defended. There were a couple of errors but the effort in defence was there and I saw talk after we were scored against. It might not seem much, but communication is paramount to winning and there was plenty going on.
It wasn't great, but we didn't throw the towel in like previous games. Our defence was improved. Our effort was there. What was lacking was some polish in how we play. That's fairly understandable in a young team. Dearden was very good. He needs improvement in his kicking and there a short spell where he let the play drift in the middle of that second half (nothing like Milford but noticeable in relief of his otherwise outstanding effort for the rest of it).
We missed Turpin and Haas tonight but for those saying it was a disappointing result, when hit such a depth of bad form like this team has, expecting to bounce back to a top tier performance is simply unrealistic.
It takes time to develop coordination and build confidence. Despite the result, there were noticeable improvement and things to build on. I'll take that.

Well to be fair he may have been struggling to even breathe, to be fair. Not saying you6wrong, it looked poor but Carrigan DID cost us that vital two points and only needed to turn and chase blocking old mate. I just KNOW if it was Boyd who had done that it would have been the play that cost us the game. Nobody's talking about it because it was Patty but we did lose by two and it was unnecessary. All he had to do was turn into old mates path and start chasing. Would have been a 7 tackle set to us. It's about balance.
Where is your punctuation in that first sentence, Huge??

Well to be fair he may have been struggling to even breathe, to be fair. Not saying you6wrong, it looked poor but Carrigan DID cost us that vital two points and only needed to turn and chase blocking old mate. I just KNOW if it was Boyd who had done that it would have been the play that cost us the game. Nobody's talking about it because it was Patty but we did lose by two and it was unnecessary. All he had to do was turn into old mates path and start chasing. Would have been a 7 tackle set to us. It's about balance.
Mate I have to concede (and to @Sproj as well) Kennedy was really good in his second stint.

I liked vautin's take on the strip over rule. If you can somehow steal a ball with the back of your hand, that is some special skill.
I liked the way our centres defended. There were a couple of errors but the effort in defence was there and I saw talk after we were scored against. It might not seem much, but communication is paramount to winning and there was plenty going on.
It wasn't great, but we didn't throw the towel in like previous games. Our defence was improved. Our effort was there. What was lacking was some polish in how we play. That's fairly understandable in a young team. Dearden was very good. He needs improvement in his kicking and there a short spell where he let the play drift in the middle of that second half (nothing like Milford but noticeable in relief of his otherwise outstanding effort for the rest of it).
We missed Turpin and Haas tonight but for those saying it was a disappointing result, when hit such a depth of bad form like this team has, expecting to bounce back to a top tier performance is simply unrealistic.
It takes time to develop coordination and build confidence. Despite the result, there were noticeable improvement and things to build on. I'll take that.
I'm with you here, mate.

2 minor changes by Gentle made a huge difference:
1. Bench rotation
2. Players warming up with drills after half-time energised the team, usually they cave after half-time.

Goes to show how incompetent Seibold is.
Did he break the team into little groups at half time?

No, not balance, just you trying to deflect legitimate criticism of Boyd by comparing him to others. The criticism is of Boyd, not others.

That’s true but it isn’t as though you have to state everything that contributed at the same time.

Otherwise, you’d need to say, ‘Man that was terrible by Boyd but if only Patty didn’t give away that penalty and the team turned up on the first ten minutes. If only Seibold wasn’t coach and Wayne got that extra year. Kahu shouldn’t have made that poor defensive read and Milford turning his back on the play was critical. Also, Kennedy and Joffa played pretty well overall but those few minutes they didn’t really highlighted missing Haas. What about Staggs and Kennar dropping it, that was costly too (and so on).’

It is ok to point out when a player did something poor in an otherwise ok game.

Patty’s penalty was stupid but it was in an otherwise phenomenal game.

I’ll probably get shot for this but Boyd isn’t to really blame for that crap start...a little annoying at the end there but I think he put his body on the line tonight more so than other nights

He kind of is to be honest. The drop from Kennar was his ball to take. Running forward to the ball will always be easier than running back. I’m not saying it’s all his fault, but there is a bit of blood on his hands (and nose)

No, not balance, just you trying to deflect legitimate criticism of Boyd by comparing him to others. The criticism is of Boyd, not others.
90% of the Boyd criticism is unwarranted. It's about balance and sadly you'll just have to accept that it's my opinion. I thought your boy was good while he was on.

Unread

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Porthoz
  • Allo
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Astro
  • Pablo
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Xzei
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Kev_Guz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.