Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
Hes a good coach like Dearden is a good half back...

Until they get us a win I dont give a ****
You can't appreciate someone's talent until they win you a game? Isn't that a bit like saying you don't appreciate your girlfriend until she brings you to climax?

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Gentle has me so sold on Deardon. I am glad we have bank to offer him. We have to build around him. He's a legacy player. These young guys just need to be lead well.

I also want to throw Paix in there as well. So dynamic. When he's in the middle we seem to run harder and middle lifts in intensity

Culhwch

Culhwch

NRL Captain
Mar 28, 2008
Ok, he's just reiterating my belief in Carrigan. Gentle is applying for the head coaching job here.

Pretty sure he's said he's got no interest in being a head coach, so that's an interesting tactic if he's putting an application together. Let's set our sights on someone with at least a little more experience in the job.

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
Pretty sure he's said he's got no interest in being a head coach, so that's an interesting tactic if he's putting an application together. Let's set our sights on someone with at least a little more experience in the job.
Has he? I did not know that. Maybe he will reluctantly agree and have his arm twisted. He did coach in the Super League and was an assistant at many clubs in the NRL, so I'm not sure about the comment on experience. Especially in relation to Seibold...

Strop

Strop

NRL Player
Contributor
Feb 28, 2015
So, the post match presser tonight. Compare and contrast with Seibolds. I actually felt pretty positive after watching that, rather than being embarrassed by the mumbling, fumbling excuse-laden dribble we usually get. Well done, Peter Gentle. I particularly enjoyed his remarks on Dearden and how he is different to others by the fact “you don’t have to draw him pictures, he just gets it”.

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
I got the feeling that Fifita was 'frozen out' by the rest of the team in some ways tonight .. occasions when he could have been brought into a play the ball carrier seemed to often make another choice ... did I imagine this or did anyone else have the same thought.
Did I watch another game? Fifita froze staggs out of the game...

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
So, the post match presser tonight. Compare and contrast with Seibolds. I actually felt pretty positive after watching that, rather than being embarrassed by the mumbling, fumbling excuse-laden dribble we usually get. Well done, Peter Gentle. I particularly enjoyed his remarks on Dearden and how he is different to others by the fact “you don’t have to draw him pictures, he just gets it”.

Dearden would have got a lot of confidence from his performance tonight. That try he scored was a gem. He will be even better next week. Another star. I love the way he runs and looks for the play, as much as his taking on the line. He's always a threat.

Last edited:
broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
Dearden would have got a lot of confidence from his performance tonight. That try he scored was a gem. He will be even better next week. Another star. I love the way he runs and looks for the play, as much as his taking on the line. He's always a threat.
He did well but that saints defence was fucking woeful.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
I also want to throw Paix in there as well. So dynamic. When he's in the middle we seem to run harder and middle lifts in intensity

Our spine has everything we need except for a fullback now. And yes that spine includes Milford. Paix/turpin combo at 9 is set and 7 speaks for it self. The big conundrum is fullback...

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
r spine has everything we need except for a fullback now. And yes that spine includes Milford. Paix/turpin combo at 9 is set and 7 speaks for it self. The big conundrum is fullback...

What do we do after next year with the 6? There's no way we should be re-signing Milford on this much money again. Dearden on tree fiddy an hour is shitting all over him.

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
Well, his speed off the mark, feint and determination puts the blowtorch on the defence.
I guess when theres not a lot else to hold onto, I would reach for something like this.

He beat an arms tackle and a lazy inside defence. It was a good try but he did it against one of the worst teams in the game in the play they turned off on.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Our spine has everything we need except for a fullback now. And yes that spine includes Milford. Paix/turpin combo at 9 is set and 7 speaks for it self. The big conundrum is fullback...

Imagine a FB with real speed off the mark prowling around the back of the ruck, working off Paix and Dearden. Now that's a good spine ... next year

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
I think once Isaako returns and if he can turn his grief into determination, he will be a good fullback. He's just been off this year. We have other options too, Niu may prove to live up to the hype, I think Arthars may also prove a good option.

Last edited:
rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I guess when theres not a lot else to hold onto, I would reach for something like this.

He beat an arms tackle and a lazy inside defence. It was a good try but he did it against one of the worst teams in the game in the play they turned off on.

I take your point but at least he saw that opportunity and took it like greased lightning. He loves his footy, and, off point, he combines really well with Milford

Last edited:

Active Now

• Santa
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Redux
  • Fatboy
  • Brocko
  • Robboi_321
  • FACTHUNT
  • Tmac
  • GCBRONCO
  • Wolfie
  • Mister Wright
  • Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.