Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
I guess when theres not a lot else to hold onto, I would reach for something like this.

He beat an arms tackle and a lazy inside defence. It was a good try but he did it against one of the worst teams in the game in the play they turned off on.
I know you're going to say you're a realist, but you're being quite negative. It will get better. We're going to have to wait.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I think once Isaako returns and if he can turn his grief into determination, he will be a good fullback. He's just been off this year. We have other options too, Niu may prove to live up to the hype, I think Arthars may also prove a good option.

And Herbie in his preferred position

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
As for Herbie, I thought he was very good tonight. He is so quick off the mark and almost always make good metres bringing the ball back and really runs hard without any fancy footwork at the line to reduce his impact. He positions his body exactly right to exploit the smallest gap. I'd also like to see him running in open space to see just how quick he really is. FB material or at least just a star winger in the making

Last edited:
broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
I know you're going to say you're a realist, but you're being quite negative. It will get better. We're going to have to wait.
Fair enough. He's a good kid. Better than I probably give him credit for. I am just finding it hard to be positive about a 3/12 season.

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
I keep repeating myself, but we're just rudderless. Once we're focused and get some good direction, and lose whatever it is that is pulling the team in two different directions, we will be a competitive team. We need to use this horror season as a forging process to harden the team together. If these young guys see each other working hard for one another, they will lift, but they need one or two blokes out there who lead that. After that, we're going to look good.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
As for Herbie, I thought he was very good tonight. He is so quick off the mark and almost always make good metres bringing the ball back and really runs hard without any fancy footwork at the line to reduce his impact. I'd like to see him running in open space to see just how quick he really is. FB material or at least just a star winger in the making

It was probably his 2nd best game after that breakout game in the centres. I still definitely prefer him on the wing to the centres though. Dunno how he'd go at fullback, but it might be worth trying him, Coates, Staggs etc there and see if anyone actually suits the position?

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I keep repeating myself, but we're just rudderless. Once we're focused and get some good direction, and lose whatever it is that is pulling the team in two different directions, we will be a competitive team. We need to use this horror season as a forging process to harden the team together. If these young guys see each other working hard for one another, they will lift, but they need one or two blokes out there who lead that. After that, we're going to look good.

I reckon it's already starting to happen. I can see Dearden being one of those leaders we really need with a little more experience

Last edited:
Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
Fair enough. He's a good kid. Better than I probably give him credit for. I am just finding it hard to be positive about a 3/12 season.
Yeah, I understand. It's been super hard for me too. Every weekend ruined by a dreadful performance. But this weekend I just watched a few young kids busting their guts, screaming their lungs out after a hard-fought try, and playing for each other and starting to believe after starting the game at 12-0. I mean, that will lift them. This is a turning point. They did not drop their heads tonight and, to me, that was special.

B

bazza

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2013
What exactly did Peter Gentle look after under Seibold? Did Seibold just not listen to him? How is it that in two weeks in charge, he has identified and to some degree actually addressed some major issues?

calsy

calsy

NYC Player
Jul 4, 2020

Was the 58-0 flogging last year in the finals not enough time to harden them?

Last edited:
Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
What exactly did Peter Gentle look after under Seibold? Did Seibold just not listen to him? How is it that in two weeks in charge, he has identified and to some degree actually addressed some major issues?
Zu viele Köche verderben den Brei

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
Was the 58-0 flogging last year in the finals not enough time to harden them?
I truly wish it were...

"It's not about how many times you fall, but how many times you get back up" - me

Just kidding... sooo many people have said this

Last edited:
K-Style

K-Style

NRL Player
Jun 1, 2014

Seibold must be stubborn as a mule. He has stuck to a game plan that doesn't work for 2 seasons. Also interesting to hear everyone talking about Fifita hogging the ball. He did that all last season too (with much greater success) which left our left wing very under utilised.

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
Seibold must be stubborn as a mule. He has stuck to a game plan that doesn't work for 2 seasons. Also interesting to hear everyone talking about Fifita hogging the ball. He did that all last season too (with much greater success) which left our left wing very under utilised.
It was more that he got trapped with the ball because he was a targeted player.

B

bb_gun

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 23, 2013
Our spine has everything we need except for a fullback now. And yes that spine includes Milford. Paix/turpin combo at 9 is set and 7 speaks for it self. The big conundrum is fullback...
Finally! We agree.

Unread

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • BroncoFan94
  • Brocko
  • Redfern_1980
  • Sproj
  • Dony Eliakim
  • kiwi2
  • Foordy
  • Bucking Beads
  • Jazza
  • Galah
  • Broncorob
  • BroncosAlways
  • Mister Wright
  • bb_gun
  • Footy Fanatic
  • broncos4life
  • the_next
  • Howie
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.