Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Broncapz

Broncapz

NRL Player
May 1, 2016
Thomas 'Future Immortal' Dearden. This guy will be lifting more than one premiership trophy for Brisbane in his career.

Also Gentle > Siebold.

Last edited:
calsy

calsy

NYC Player
Jul 4, 2020
No, but if you really require a direct one-to-one football reference, just look at the Parramatta Eels from 2018 to now.

Are we aiming to following the Eels, I hope not. How about the Eels 2010 - 2016? good times? If another team improved this year, are we to assume the Broncos will be following them?

Last edited:
B

bazza

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2013
His only negative in this is that he often tries to keep the ball alive when he should take a tackle and turns it over. But you may have a point about getting him the ball more often by moving him to one of these positions.
I think he just needs to be told that he doesn't have to come up with miraculous plays every time. I guess with a team playing well, he won't feel like he has to overplay his hand.

I was extremely impressed when Staggs played in the halves for Tonga, and when he filled in at five-eighth for the Broncos. He looked composed, and was a threat all night with how strong he is with ball in hand.

His running game in some attacking set plays would be so problematic for the opposition defence to contain. He would attract defenders which would leave players unmarked out wide.

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
Are we aiming to following the Eels, I hope not. How about the Eels 2010 - 2016? good times? If another team improved this year, are we to assume the Broncos will be following them?
Why so negative? If you don't wish to draw positivity from the immortal words of Rocky Balboa, who am I to draw you from the depths of your despair?

B

Broncs_Fan

NRL Player
Jun 5, 2015
Anyone know whether Kotoni Staggs would be likely to play for Australia or Tonga?

It’s a decision he may have to make given how well he is playing.

Last edited:
Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
I think he just needs to be told that he doesn't have to come up with miraculous plays every time. I guess with a team playing well, he won't feel like he has to overplay his hand.

I was extremely impressed when Staggs played in the halves for Tonga, and when he filled in at five-eighth for the Broncos. He looked composed, and was a threat all night with how strong he is with ball in hand.

His running game in some attacking set plays would be so problematic for the opposition defence to contain. He would attract defenders which would leave players unmarked out wide.
Totally, but he is also a damaging player to have out wide. If the halves can give him early ball he could function similarly there too. But yes, he could well be trained to be a good five-eighth. I think all our talented players give a lot and early and need to learn that they are part of a team unit. If this happens, it will be exciting to watch, but Milford is still here for a little while.

Last edited:
Dazza 92

Dazza 92

NRL Captain
Oct 13, 2014
Fifita needs to learn how to hit holes and work off the halves. Until he learns that, maybe he is best suited playing on the left edge. It seems his most effective play is when he is on the left edge and he cuts back against the grain and heads back in field against a scattered defensive line. At the moment, he is getting shut down fairly easily with multiple defenders constantly up in his face as soon as he gets the ball.

as he is leaving....I very quietly dont give 2 ***** about the ****....how does that sound..?

Dazza 92

Dazza 92

NRL Captain
Oct 13, 2014
oh.....and dont mind me...im just sitting here quietly awaiting the news about Deardons extension...

Alos, i reckon the stress and pressure you have been under Piebold is taking a toll; we recommend you take another month away from football pet.....its for the best....for you of course......haha...what was I thinking.....of course we CANT wait for you to return to the club but....its me not you...

Last edited:
B

bazza

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2013
Totally, but he is also a damaging player to have out wide. If the halves can give him early ball he could function similarly there too. But yes, he could well be trained to be a good five-eighth. I think all our talented players give a lot and early and need to learn that they are part of a team unit. If this happens, it will be exciting to watch, but Milford is still here for a little while.
No doubt if he remain at centre, he will continue to be dangerous. I just want to see more touches, and preferably on both sides of the field. Either fullback or five-eighth could allow him to be more involved and always on the ball. Imagine how lethal it would be to have Staggs, with his tackle-breaking ability, sniffing around through the ruck for second phase play.

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
No doubt if he remain at centre, he will continue to be dangerous. I just want to see more touches, and preferably on both sides of the field. Either fullback or five-eighth could allow him to be more involved and always on the ball. Imagine how lethal it would be to have Staggs, with his tackle-breaking ability, sniffing around through the ruck for second phase play.
One can only get so hard...

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Anyone know whether Kotoni Staggs would be likely to play for Australia or Tonga?

It’s a decision he may have to make given how well he is playing.

Australia, if he wants to play State of Origin

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Dearden would have got a lot of confidence from his performance tonight. That try he scored was a gem. He will be even better next week. Another star. I love the way he runs and looks for the play, as much as his taking on the line. He's always a threat.

His kicking was shit....he needs to work on that.

Otherwise agreed...he looked very good.

V

Viti

NRL Player
Feb 2, 2011
... and up, and up. We just need that FB to make that spine really special .. a spine with Paix as our starting 9. I also see Dearden really starting to show just how good he really is, and it will only get better every game he plays.

I haven’t heard whether he’s staying or going yet, but I think a fit and healthy Bird can be that FB.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
I want to see more of Staggs with the ball. Too often he is stuck out side without the ball. Every time he touches it, he breaks tackles and makes something happen. He needs to get his hands on the ball more often. With the season already gone, I think it's worth experimenting with Staggs at fullback or five-eighth. The threat of his running game would open up all sorts of gaps in the opposition defence.

With dearden pulling the strings on the right and having Fifita and Staggs at his disposal, they should revive that outside inside play that Lockyer, Hodges, Thaiday and hunt used to do. Just study the footage of that era..

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • Bish
  • eggstar10
  • Dash
  • Totally Unr3al
  • broncs30
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • broncos4life
  • FACTHUNT
  • Bucking Beads
  • Strop
  • Morkel
  • sooticus
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Wolfie
  • lynx000
  • LittleDavey
  • RodF
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.