Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
For mine, the main point of the rest of this season is for our special young brigade to get experience and confidence, especially our spine. I'm looking forward to seeing that. Next year will be our year

Last edited:
B

bazza

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2013
Fifita needs to learn how to hit holes and work off the halves. Until he learns that, maybe he is best suited playing on the left edge. It seems his most effective play is when he is on the left edge and he cuts back against the grain and heads back in field against a scattered defensive line. At the moment, he is getting shut down fairly easily with multiple defenders constantly up in his face as soon as he gets the ball.

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
For mine, the main point of the rest of this season is for our special young brigade to get experience and confidence, especially our spine. I'm looking forward to seeing that. Next year will be our year
Dare I say it? No, I will reword it as: the only way is up.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Fifita needs to learn how to hit holes and work off the halves. Until he learns that, maybe he is best suited playing on the left edge. It seems his most effective play is when he is on the left edge and he cuts back against the grain and heads back in field against a scattered defensive line. At the moment, he is getting shut down fairly easily with multiple defenders constantly up in his face as soon as he gets the ball.

Nah he doesn’t need to learn or improve anything. In fact he should just stop training

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Dare I say it? No, I will reword it as: the only way is up.

... and up, and up. We just need that FB to make that spine really special .. a spine with Paix as our starting 9. I also see Dearden really starting to show just how good he really is, and it will only get better every game he plays.

calsy

calsy

NYC Player
Jul 4, 2020
I truly wish it were...

"It's not about how many times you fall, but how many times you get back up" - me

Just kidding... sooo many people have said this

You mean 'Its not how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward' - Rocky. This motivation jargon like forging, hardening, lifting don't mean anything in a real world sense. Losing repeatedly does not harden you into a future champion like a fictional underdog story. When you're on the bottom, there's no guarantee you'll be a top 4 team anytime soon unless some big changes occur.

Last edited:
B

bazza

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2013
Zu viele Köche verderben den Brei
I don't think that really applies to us. Seibold's coaching staff initially only included Peter Gentle, Ben Cross, and himself. Compared to a lot of other teams, that's a pretty small coaching staff. No way it's a case of too many voices.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
You mean 'Its not how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward' - Rocky. This motivation jargon like forging, hardening, lifting don't mean anything in a real world sense. Losing repeatedly does not harden you into a future champion like a fictional underdog story.

and yet tonight we didn't give up, and in fact stayed competitive. If only for that dreadful slackness in the opening 10 mins. As @Organix post above, I think tonight was the turning point we have been waiting for. Modest but real enough for mine in tough circumstances, to offer genuine hope for a bright future

and speaking of "if only" if only Dearden was our starting halfback from game 1

Last edited:
Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
You mean 'Its not how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward' - Rocky. This motivation jargon like forging, hardening, lifting don't mean anything in a real world sense. Losing repeatedly does not harden you into a future champion like a fictional underdog story.
Oh, pish posh, you grump, you! Yes it does. I've personally learnt from many of my mistakes and hardships.

Also, I think Rocky's version may have been stolen from an earlier quote... but Sly is actually quite a good writer, I must admit.

Last edited:
Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
I don't think that really applies to us. Seibold's coaching staff initially only included Peter Gentle, Ben Cross, and himself. Compared to a lot of other teams, that's a pretty small coaching staff. No way it's a case of too many voices.
What if you throw in the (now ex-) captain calling shots differently on the park?

Or a cheeky Hamburglar? One who refused coaching as a half from the best halves we ever had.

Last edited:
B

bazza

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2013
Nah he doesn’t need to learn or improve anything. In fact he should just stop training
Yeah true, no point keeping him in the team moving forward. He has done nothing of note since he signed his contract. He is the Titan's multi-million dollar problem now.

calsy

calsy

NYC Player
Jul 4, 2020
Oh, pish posh, you grump, you! Yes it does. I've personally learnt from many of my mistakes and hardships.

You learning from your mistakes and hardships equates to a football team winning games?

Last edited:
Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
You learning from your mistakes (whatever those mistakes are) equates to a football team winning games?
No, but if you really require a direct one-to-one football reference, just look at the Parramatta Eels from 2018 to now.

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
Due to work, I watched it on delay with no spoilers.

Rode every emotion.

We looked much better. With Flegs and Haas out, the other forwards had to aim up and did pretty well. Opening 10 minutes was ominous, but we recovered really well.

Still pretty clunky and some clear deficiencies, but all around this group will take a lot from that game.

Staggs had me jumping at that try. Give Tommy the keys to Red Hill for life -the kid’s got it.

Jamil and Ethan especially looked really good in their stints. Amazing what a more balanced bench rotation can do.

Coupled with a change up at half-time and we resemble a football team again.

Don’t want to be too negative, so I’ll just mention names: Kahu and Boyd.

B

bazza

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2013
I want to see more of Staggs with the ball. Too often he is stuck out side without the ball. Every time he touches it, he breaks tackles and makes something happen. He needs to get his hands on the ball more often. With the season already gone, I think it's worth experimenting with Staggs at fullback or five-eighth. The threat of his running game would open up all sorts of gaps in the opposition defence.

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
I want to see more of Staggs with the ball. Too often he is stuck out side without the ball. Every time he touches it, he breaks tackles and makes something happen. He needs to get his hands on the ball more often. With the season already gone, I think it's worth experimenting with Staggs at fullback or five-eighth. The threat of his running game would open up all sorts of gaps in the opposition defence.
His only negative in this is that he often tries to keep the ball alive when he should take a tackle and turns it over. But you may have a point about getting him the ball more often by moving him to one of these positions.

Unread

Active Now

• Xzei
  • ivanhungryjak
  • bb_gun
  • Harry Sack
  • sooticus
  • lynx000
  • Slippin Jimmy
  • Manofoneway
  • Bucking Beads
  • jd87
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Galah
  • Redfern_1980
  • Allo
  • winslow_wong
  • broncos4life
  • Skyblues87
  • Waynesaurus
  • Santa
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.