Round 15 - Broncos vs Rabbitohs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plenty of ordinary rosters doing better than the broncos.

As of this weekend just gone - round 14 - Kev has used 33 players. Last season, one in which many blamed an insane injury toll as a large part of our issues, a season in which we went through an unimaginable amount of squad depth, finished the season with a mammoth 32 players used.

In 6 less games, with a fraction of the injuries, Kev has already used more players than Seibold was forced to last season. How does anyone improve at their job when they themselves are in and out of the team and their colleagues and roles are constantly changing.

It’s indefensible.
I would definitely argue a team like Tigers have a much worse roster then ours, but they have stuck with their spine combinations much longer then us and it allows them to play better then the team is on paper.

Our team has alot of good players that other teams would die for and if they went to other teams would perform well too you could bet on it. We need some damn stability, the team needs reassurance from the coaching stuff and they need to fucking relax on the random droppings.

The Canberra games team selections was honestly some of the worst shit I have seen from any team, the result from it was predictable.

Well, I mean.. in this day and age where the top clubs have a fullback that can setup his outside men, then fair enough you can debate it.

Strictly in terms of his ability to beat a tackle, he's as good as any other fullback going around.
Assuming being able to hold the ball is not compulsory though?

I was one of those who wanted to see Isaako completely dominate in the ISC this week & earn his spot back after a shocking game against the Dragons. What I watched was completely uninspiring and he was average at best. His confidence looks absolutely shot.
Niu should be given another run at the fullback jersey this week. K Hunt to centres to replace the abysmal Copley.

Sounds like a face off for fullback or Kevvie wants to put Niu back in ISC, whatever he picks hopefully he fucking sticks with it for awhile. Spine doesn't need this constant swapping.
Whoever wins the race for fullback is going to be coming up against Reynolds kicking game on Thursday night... not to mention one of the most lethal attacking sides in the comp and also Walker's sneaky left foot kicking game down the blind side.

It sounds like neither can catch a bomb, so even if we cop a flogging Kevvie has to stick to his guns.

He's throwing two unqualified players into fullback, because he couldn't manage Isaako's fragile mental state... if they dont perform a miracle against one of the absolute premier kickers in the game it's not on them. Although I expect BHQ to blow up during the match day thread and start calling for heads

He did sign Levi and Kelly, and he promoted Hunt and Gamble.

and he bragged about unlocking Milford all off season.
Kelly has been a shining light and I think Gamble has been solid enough to stick with for the season.

Kevvie has literally had to scour ISC for spine players because of how shit the ones in the top 30 are

I would definitely argue a team like Tigers have a much worse roster then ours, but they have stuck with their spine combinations much longer then us and it allows them to play better then the team is on paper.

Our team has alot of good players that other teams would die for and if they went to other teams would perform well too you could bet on it. We need some damn stability, the team needs reassurance from the coaching stuff and they need to fucking relax on the random droppings.

The Canberra games team selections was honestly some of the worst shit I have seen from any team, the result from it was predictable.
Do yourself a favour, go and have a look at the Tigers opening draw and then compare it to ours. They literally got to play the best team in the competition in the single best possible week to play them for any side all year.

It does not excuse all the terrible stuff we've served up, but if we're going to be compared to the Tigers for results then it's only fair to compare the run of games both sides have endured too.

You could say that about the tigers but at least their spine is somewhat settled.

- Laurie is miles better than any fullback we have
- Simpkin and Liddle may not be miles ahead of Turps, but they at least contribute on the attacking side of the ball
- Brooks is a known commodity at 7 and provides some spark
- Douehi was killing it at 6 before being moved and at least Mbye came in and was just as successful at 6.

I doubt any of our spine players get a gig in the starting spine of any other team barring dogs and Turps may get a run in a spine where everyone else contributes the points and he can just tackle.

Kelly has been a shining light and I think Gamble has been solid enough to stick with for the season.

Kevvie has literally had to scour ISC for spine players because of how shit the ones in the top 30 are
Yet Kev dropped Gamble for Hunt, until he was recalled last minute due to Kelly’s injury.

Because defensively he wasn't up to standard
The whole team is not up to it. Seasoned vets like Glenn, Mead, Copley, and Oates are all below par. At some point that is the coaches responsibility.

Agreed , not saying Kevvie dosen't deserve some criticism but can understand his process. He's not planning for the short term obviously, so I'm happy to deal with the shit show for now.

I really don’t think gamble offers anything other than over the top enthusiasm. He has no class about him whatsoever.

we do need people who give a shit and put in so I commend him for that but him being dropped isn’t surprising

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Lozza
  • Johnny92
  • ivanhungryjak
  • winslow_wong
  • bert_lifts
  • DMZ
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.