Round 15 - Broncos vs Rabbitohs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Round 15 Broncos v Rabbitohs   Broncos

Riki had a big game for North's, lots of aggression in attack and defence. Probably worth a call up but would have to start.

What did you think he did that was big? I thought he was average, the flick pass infuriated me and the sin bin was dumb.

I must've missed it but is Bullemor injured?

Why are we still playing Coates? This isn’t even a vindictive thing now it’s just plain form related! We have mead who’s in much better form and Oates who’s playing awesome in qcup, I saw that try he scored in the last minute that’s vintage Oates.

what the **** are you doing Kev? You build accountability by making players accountable….. if you’re giving a player some leeway to get out of a slump that’s fine but then there’s selecting a player who’s in horrible form constantly and isn’t committed to the team long term. Dumb

If you compare the forwards, we have the advantage there clearly

The issue is that we hand over the ball and can't defend it. If we don't drop the ball (or at least not in our own end), we could easily make a game of it

Where is that "sack Kevvie" thread. This team selection is plain and simply inept. Kevvie might as well get the t-shirt made up saying " Whack me I'm clueless!" I can't believe he's still persevering with Coates. Mead deserves a spot in the team, and even if Oates doesn't he's still offering more than Coates.

If you said to Coates never mind catching the ball, never mind staying on your wing, never mind making your tackles just concentrate on bringing the ball back and getting over the advantage line to give our forwards a decent start - he'd still fail.

What is kevvies obsession with Coates?
Sadly, Kev is trying to pick a team to avoid the wooden spoon, rather than attempt to implement a system and a philosophy and build toward that. This is evidenced by the merry-go-round lineups each week and no visible structure or game plan.
The Bulldogs may be worse than us on the ladder now, BUT at least they've got a plan under Barrett and the club is letting him implement it. He will be good for them long term and at least their fanbase can see the club is heading in a direction (however far away that may be).
We will probably see a much improved effort this week and all of these issues will be papered over for another month

I think we will avoid the spoon mainly because we have a few winnable games coming up meanwhile the Bulldogs have a bad run of games

Not saying we will win all of our winnable ones but at least winning 1-2 of them will be enough

Our team on paper looks overwhelmingly shithouse. True to form though it's the bigger teams we've mainly turned up for so we might be due an upset on Thursday night. Either that or the majority of us will be the ones coping the upset. FMD Kev this is an atrocious side. Why oh why is Glen not dropped after that calamitous performance in Canberra?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Allo
  • LittleDavey
  • Sproj
  • Fozz
  • Jedhead
  • Midean
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Jazza
  • DrGee
  • Kev_Guz
  • thenry
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Gray
  • broncs30
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Strop
  • Brocko
  • Morkel
  • theshed
... and 45 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.