Round 15 Discussion

Just saw the hit on Morgan. I thought it was a shoulder charge , late and high.
Brandy Alexander, " when you watch it at normal speed It could have been late but if it was it was marginal".
FFS if you can't be close to impartial just **** off to 9 with Goose.

Meh this has been a bludger of a game considering the two teams playing...

I understand where you're coming from. The Roosters felt the absence of Warea-Hargreaves, Keary and Friend last night and the game didn't quite make it out of third gear. It didn't flow all that well either with Melbourne penalising themselves out of the first half while the Roosters couldn't complete a set in the second.

I still thought both teams were extremely well drilled in defence and showed why they're on top of the ladder. It was a game on first view that was defined by the near misses moreso than the tries that were actually scored. For example, that cover tackle by Munster on Tedesco was excellent. Not only did he get him, but he hit him with enough force to slow the play the ball down and give his men just enough time to recover. Most teams would have conceded the try in that instance.

Similar story with that Papenhuyzen break later on in the game. First off, the effort from Papenhuyzen to break into the clear was great, but the support from Addo-Carr and then the cover from the Roosters was so impressive.

It's just a shame that we'll have to wait until September to see something like that again.

I understand where you're coming from. The Roosters felt the absence of Warea-Hargreaves, Keary and Friend last night and the game didn't quite make it out of third gear. It didn't flow all that well either with Melbourne penalising themselves out of the first half while the Roosters couldn't complete a set in the second.

I still thought both teams were extremely well drilled in defence and showed why they're on top of the ladder. It was a game on first view that was defined by the near misses moreso than the tries that were actually scored. For example, that cover tackle by Munster on Tedesco was excellent. Not only did he get him, but he hit him with enough force to slow the play the ball down and give his men just enough time to recover. Most teams would have conceded the try in that instance.

Similar story with that Papenhuyzen break later on in the game. First off, the effort from Papenhuyzen to break into the clear was great, but the support from Addo-Carr and then the cover from the Roosters was so impressive.

It's just a shame that we'll have to wait until September to see something like that again.
Don't be so hasty Pete. You might see Milf break into the clear from FB and offload to the big motoring Oatesy tonight.
O

Just saw the hit on Morgan. I thought it was a shoulder charge , late and high.
Brandy Alexander, " when you watch it at normal speed It could have been late but if it was it was marginal".
FFS if you can't be close to impartial just **** off to 9 with Goose.

Hang on a second. Slater's tackle on Feki wasn't a shoulder charge but the hit on Morgan from Sims was?

How?

And Brandy is right. Play the tackle in normal speed, it's not late. This crackdown is getting ridiculous.

Hang on a second. Slater's tackle on Feki wasn't a shoulder charge but the hit on Morgan from Sims was?

How?

They've changed the interpretation, so they can't use Slater as a precedent.

In fact, the precedent wasn't even set by Slater. It was set much earlier by Ryan James when he got off for a similar tackle against the Cowboys in 2017, right after the NRL had changed the interpretation following the Ennis/Wighton fiasco.

That hit on Morgan wasn’t late, but it was high. If sims just goes in with a low tackle this conversation wouldn’t be happening.

How?

And Brandy is right. Play the tackle in normal speed, it's not late. This cracckdown is getting ridiculous.

Slater was not guilty so my POV was correct.
I won't be going over that old ground but SF it's ok to be wrong .
We all are from time to time.

Last edited:
Slater was not guilty so my POV was correct.
I won't be going over that old ground but SF it's ok to be wrong .
We all are from time to time.

Yeah, no it wasn't. So are you going to explain how Sims tackle was a shoulder charge or not?

Slater's was a shouldercharge all day everyday, even Storm fanboys know that. He was given the media darling treatment. Red carpet rolled out and all.
[automerge]1561789808[/automerge]
lol DCE with the dive. Wallace the idiot.

Last edited:
Ah good old Titans knew I could rely on you to bring home a win for my multibet! by being your shitty self(I want to avoid giving credit to Manly lol)

Last edited:
Seems the top five are set and the premier will come from:

Storm
Roosters
Sea Eagles

Storm
Roosters
Sea Eagles
Looks like it. I still think the Roosters at full strength will be too good for everyone else.

Storm
Roosters
Sea Eagles
Souths will be thereabouts. They've had a crazy disrupted run with origin, suspensions and injuries to key players. If they have their best team available in the finals, they'll challenge.

Last edited:
Souths will be thereabouts. They've had a crazy disrupted run with origin, suspensions and injuries to key players. If they have their best team available in the finals, they'll challenge.

Yeah this. Remember too they’re now going through their second “pre-season” where Bennett works them overtime in order to be fit for the finals.

Harsh call with the professional foul on Penrith there, then to follow up the try shouldn't have been allowed.

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  • Midean
  • Broncosgirl
  • Financeguy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Jazza
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Browny
  • BroncosAlways
  • LittleDavey
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Johnny92
  • Justwin
  • Foordy
  • mieko
  • Old Mate
  • Hoof Hearted
  • FACTHUNT
  • kiwi2
  • Bish
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.