Round 15 Discussion

What a fucking joke. Melb getting the Broncos treatment

I'm disappointed in Parramatta, that was a golden opportunity to put Melbourne to the sword and yet they blew opportunity after opportunity. I just see too much doubt in their play and I don't think their halves are putting themselves in positions to challenge the defence.

Melbourne were very brave. They were entitled to lose by more but a few of their players came up with some extradinary efforts to stop tries. They just didn't take advantage when they had opportunities and their attack clearly lacked direction and potency without their halves and Cameron Smith on the field. I think injuries are going to deny them this year which is something we don't often associate with Melbourne. They're really beginning to pile up now and while they should have a few stars back around the finals, who knows if they can deliver the three or four great performances in a row they'll need.

At the end of the day, the Eels didn't lose so they're in with a hope. I think you take any win you can get against Melbourne and keeping them to 0 is a positive. The key is they have to build on it and try to find that extra gear leading into the finals. They actually have a great draw to play themselves into some form. They have Penrith which is the type of finals tune up game you want and then they also get Brisbane at Bankwest which is the game you'd love to have to blow the cobwebs out and really get the combinations going.

For once the Scum got called for the right reasons and there was no BS square up in the second half. The Eels sucked a fair bit in the second half, but they defended their guts out till the end.

Goodness me.. Did I wake up in the 80's? Eels winning a premiership? Not sure I could bear to watch Sterlo ever again..

For once the Scum got called for the right reasons and there was no BS square up in the second half. The Eels sucked a fair bit in the second half, but they defended their guts out till the end.
I don't have any issue particularly with Melbournes penalties just a problem with why Parra didnt get reffed the same way.
Offsides, leaving early and blatant second efforts not being seen.

"Play on."

The commentary talked it down as well.

In all seriousness, after having Sivo in my fantasy teams the past few seasons and keeping a close eye on him in games, the guy deadset milks a penalty as much as he can. Outstanding player and looks like he's made out of granite, but bloody hell.

If I had the skills of @Super Freak I would make a montage clip of him staying down after the fact from last year and this.
Now to be fair he is a huge target for opposition and some of the penalties are without a doubt warranted, but I miss the days of old where players would just get up and on with it.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Fatboy
  • Behind enemy lines
  • simplythebest
  • Tmac
  • Lozza
  • achievedrap
  • Organix
  • Cavalo
  • Broncosarethebest
  • lynx000
  • BroncosAlways
  • broncoscope
  • Aldo
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Gaz
  • Midean
  • Bucking Beads
  • TwoLeftFeet
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.