Round 15 Discussion

Cheese with a confirmed broken jaw

Kenny Bromwich may have also torn his calf.

With Cooper Johns, Nelson Asofa-Solomona and Albert Vete on report and Ryley Jacks also injured, the list of absentees is really adding up for Melbourne now.

Cameron Smith, Jesse Bromwich and Jahrome Hughes should be back next week and Cameron Munster could be a chance as well but the toll is definitely mounting. It could be a tough game for them if Manly get up against Souths. Manly fighting for their season with Fonua-Blake, D. Walker and Trbojevic a chance of playing. If they pick up anymore injuries it could be the death knell of their season.

This season is a nightmare. The fatigue leads to injuries and reckless, tired tackling and thus more injuries. Not to mention all the rule changes. I would barely call this Rugby League anymore.

We were all in favour of a faster game but for mine we always had the tools under the original rules which were blurred with referee interpretations.
Penalise the wrestle out of the game but also make the attacking player get to his feet and play the ball properly.

We were all in favour of a faster game but for mine we always had the tools under the original rules which were blurred with referee interpretations.
Penalise the wrestle out of the game but also make the attacking player get to his feet and play the ball properly.

It certainly isn’t rocket science to get it right.

What a rort.

So NAS' Grade 1 hit was bad enough to warrant a sin-bin?

None of the Storm players were done for a crusher? I'd like an explanation.

Honestly comes off like the MRC took pity on Melbourne which shouldn't be their job.

What a rort.

So NAS' Grade 1 hit was bad enough to warrant a sin-bin?

None of the Storm players were done for a crusher? I'd like an explanation.

Honestly comes off like the MRC took pity on Melbourne which shouldn't be their job.
Yep, that's a rort for sure. How much bullshit does this game expect us to swallow.
This is just to appease Melb because everyone could see the refs handed every 50 50 to Parra no questions asked.

HTF does NAS get 10 in the bin and the Parra guy not even a penalty and that's after it's been watched by the bunker.
Could it be that they were listening to Brandy explain that there was a wrapping motion so its ok. WTF has that to do with anything.
Point of contact was with the shoulder to the jaw, that is all that matters.

Last night is how I see most of our games have been influenced. No 50 50s, opposition offside most of the time, leaving early and getting piggy backed out of trouble.

That's not to say we would win anymore than we have just that we wouldn't have our arse handed to us as often.

I think Valandys is going to be the worst thing that's happened to this game. He is taking us back to the NSWRL days.
Everyone is blowing smoke up his arse because he has been decisive with a couple of decisions, but he is NSW centric. You only have to look at his style when it comes to Racing, that's what we are going to get.

So after watching last nights game, can we safely say the "6 again" rule is dead. I will admit to not watching whole game but just checked stats (https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/match-centre/NRL20201501/stats) & 1..... fukin one six again call. I reckon there should have been at least 3-4 whilst i was watching. The inconsistency with that rule is unbelievable.

Oops edit. sorry 3 each, but my point still stands

Last edited:
So after watching last nights game, can we safely say the "6 again" rule is dead. I will admit to not watching whole game but just checked stats (https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/match-centre/NRL20201501/stats) & 1..... fukin one six again call. I reckon there should have been at least 3-4 whilst i was watching. The inconsistency with that rule is unbelievable.

I believe the set restarts were 3 a piece? Unless I've got my wires crossed.

I definitely think more set restarts could have been blown. There were some pretty obvious flops that were let go for whatever reason. I'm not sure if it's so much the rules as it's the referee - Cummins' style has always seemed self-aware and reactionary.

Everyone is blowing smoke up his arse because he has been decisive with a couple of decisions

Also because they're friends (Gus) or they scored a nice deal so they can stay in work (Fox).

Look I think V'landys deserves credit for showing some backbone and getting this competition up and running before the AFL. That's a feather in his cap and I struggle to see Beattie providing the same leadership. However, I think that six again rule was brought in on the back of calls from the NSWRL who were sick of Melbourne's style of play. Instead of giving teams and referees time to adjust, it was just thrown in and I think teams have already figured out ways to game the system. The NRL doesn't have to accept any responsibility either, that all falls back on the poor referees who have less support and yet they're expected to improve on past seasons. All things considered, they've actually done a decent job.

It's only a matter of time before stories come out about teams circumventing restrictions and getting a head-start on others. There were already a ton of murmers around that time and I know with the Broncos they weren't expecting to be back until July at the earliest. That's why they booked the Fifita surgery when they did.

In all seriousness, after having Sivo in my fantasy teams the past few seasons and keeping a close eye on him in games, the guy deadset milks a penalty as much as he can. Outstanding player and looks like he's made out of granite, but bloody hell.

If I had the skills of @Super Freak I would make a montage clip of him staying down after the fact from last year and this.
Now to be fair he is a huge target for opposition and some of the penalties are without a doubt warranted, but I miss the days of old where players would just get up and on with it.
I've said this since he made grade. If he cut the milking out of his game he'd be a pleasure to watch. But he's a filthy cat. He's as bad as Hayne ever was, can't stand him.

I believe the set restarts were 3 a piece? Unless I've got my wires crossed.

I definitely think more set restarts could have been blown. There were some pretty obvious flops that were let go for whatever reason. I'm not sure if it's so much the rules as it's the referee - Cummins' style has always seemed self-aware and reactionary.

Also because they're friends (Gus) or they scored a nice deal so they can stay in work (Fox).

Look I think V'landys deserves credit for showing some backbone and getting this competition up and running before the AFL. That's a feather in his cap and I struggle to see Beattie providing the same leadership. However, I think that six again rule was brought in on the back of calls from the NSWRL who were sick of Melbourne's style of play. Instead of giving teams and referees time to adjust, it was just thrown in and I think teams have already figured out ways to game the system. The NRL doesn't have to accept any responsibility either, that all falls back on the poor referees who have less support and yet they're expected to improve on past seasons. All things considered, they've actually done a decent job.

It's only a matter of time before stories come out about teams circumventing restrictions and getting a head-start on others. There were already a ton of murmers around that time and I know with the Broncos they weren't expecting to be back until July at the earliest. That's why they booked the Fifita surgery when they did.
It really did seem as though some teams had continued to train during lockdown as compared to Brisbane. But I think from the very first set of 6 again calls Brisbane were on the back foot. They were exhausted, confused and they never regained their feet. It was obvious that they hadn't trained in weeks, whereas Parra seemed tight and organised and got a nice roll on with the benefit of seeing the effects of the new system from the metaphorical high ground.

I personally think the inconsistency in on-field and off-field ruling is an absolute farce. I stand by my earlier statement (in another thread), that commentators have an impact (conscious or sub-) on the MRC and probably even the bunker, but so often it is just the inconsistency and inherent bias that sees people being very discontent with the NRL.

Even the "Ref review" charade each week is a joke. What does it help to say "we got that wrong" when the damage is done? I see no changes each week and the coaches can't say a word because the refs are beyond reproach. Ivan Cleary, however, complained, paid $20k and the following week reaped the benefits of what essentially became a bribe to the NRL. How does it make sense to charge someone $20k for implying corruption, only for the money to go to the very organisation that is accused of corruption in the first place? Hell, I would be doing it monthly if it got me more sway on the calls.

Last edited:
I've said this since he made grade. If he cut the milking out of his game he'd be a pleasure to watch. But he's a filthy cat. He's as bad as Hayne ever was, can't stand him.
Who's this?

And Moylan's tackle on Knight in the second half was reminiscent of Gillo at his best. Man he's rocks and diamonds.

And Moylan's tackle on Knight in the second half was reminiscent of Gillo at his best. Man he's rocks and diamonds.
Meant to say martin.
Fox commentator just said Martin stepped Moylan out of his underwear for that try..ha ha.

Is Panthers 12 available to sign? Every time I watch him he is dynamite.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Midean
  • MrTickyMcG
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.