Round 15 Discussion

View attachment 13677
Titans on the Manly try line, he spent the whole set actively avoiding the ball and hiding out in centre. Ball goes back off a bad pass, everyone runs back while he just casually walks back.

I don't think there's any better options so he still makes it but I'd be happy for him to miss out too.
Is that Fifi? Looks like Peachey

They never think about the long game, always the pocket not realising that by doing what they’re doing it’s shutting on the fans which in turn will eventually hit them in the pockets.

the irony

[st_table="45%"][st_tr][st_td_row="2"]
[/st_td_row][st_td]Will on the hill. - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .June 29, 2019
[/st_td][/st_tr][/st_table]
[/st_td_row][st_td]J_P - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .August 4, 2020
REACTIONS: 1,145

Not sure which thread to put it in but feels appropriate in here with the cross forum members. Why are all big NRL games i.e Grand final, state of origin etc always on a work night 😡.
Is it an Aussie thing? 😃.
Why can't they follow every other major sports format of doing it on a Friday or Saturday night?

Monday after GF is a public holiday in Straya.

40 nil 40 nil 40 nil

1133.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Joshaz87 - www.cowboysstampede.com.au[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .April 5, 2011
2.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Dan - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .July 15, 2004
Kids kicking the footy in the streets.

I'm pretty sure the idea of it creates better tv ratings was disproven, it's actually the reason Monday night games were scrapped because no one wants to watch footy on a Monday.

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.

I used to hate going to work on a Monday and everybody is dissecting the round of footy results, yet my own team was yet to play in the round.

Then win, lose or draw, the game is over and the next round feels like it arrives straight away.

“I believe I’m the best six at this club. I’m just doing my best week-in week-out to play No.6. That’s where I want to play.”

Scott 'Drinky' Drinkwater

They never think about the long game, always the pocket not realising that by doing what they’re doing it’s shutting on the fans which in turn will eventually hit them in the pockets.

the irony

Typo or for the benefit of our Kiwi brethren?

[/st_td_row][st_td]J_P - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .August 4, 2020
2.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Dan - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .July 15, 2004

Kids kicking the footy in the streets.

I'm pretty sure the idea of it creates better tv ratings was disproven, it's actually the reason Monday night games were scrapped because no one wants to watch footy on a Monday.

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Also Friday sat nights don't cause issues for rugby finals matches or major boxing fights ratings.
Also the 2 times the warriors made it to the Grand final i watched it at a mates house even though it was on a Sunday.
And from experience a lot of Kiwis that are big fans of origin usually go out to a bar to watch it which I've noticed with half of them being hungover the next day at work or not showing up.

27881.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]ManEagle - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .August 30, 2018
And from experience a lot of Kiwis that are big fans of origin usually go out to a bar to watch it which I've noticed with half of them being hungover the next day at work or not showing up

Isn't that normal for a Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday

1133.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Joshaz87 - www.cowboysstampede.com.au[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .April 5, 2011
Also Friday sat nights don't cause issues for rugby finals matches or major boxing fights ratings.
Also the 2 times the warriors made it to the Grand final i watched it at a mates house even though it was on a Sunday.
And from experience a lot of Kiwis that are big fans of origin usually go out to a bar to watch it which I've noticed with half of them being hungover the next day at work or not showing up.

What about the Auckland 9s...?

“I believe I’m the best six at this club. I’m just doing my best week-in week-out to play No.6. That’s where I want to play.”

Scott 'Drinky' Drinkwater

801.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]SeaEagleRock8 - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 7, 2009

Orgin is bad enough here in Aus, would make a pretty late night over there in NZ.

Link - http://silvertails.net/tipping-competition/

4619.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Worried2Death - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 5, 2016
REACTIONS: 6,217
8311.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Harry Sack - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .June 12, 2013

Typo or for the benefit of our Kiwi brethren?

memberawards2017-harrycombined-png.2055
Haha well played, Reece says keep up the gud shut brew.

801.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]SeaEagleRock8 - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 7, 2009
Well all of Sydney including Central Coast now in full lockdown for 2 weeks.

Link - http://silvertails.net/tipping-competition/

[/st_td_row][st_td]Will on the hill. - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .June 29, 2019
62.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Sup42 - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .May 7, 2012
REACTIONS: 40,068

Walsh injured aye...phucking Origin. Ruined my whole weekend no games just this ****.

It's been suggested that this is all Queensland playing games and he was never gonna play. Will be very interesting to see if he plays for you next week.

40 nil 40 nil 40 nil

3558.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]globaleagle - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .October 7, 2011
Now they're saying the Kiwi replacement winger wasn't in aust before his 13th birthday so he may not be eligible.

Qld seems to be organising origin as well as Aust is organising their vaccine rollout.

2668.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]manlyfan76 - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .December 11, 2010
Is the Qld origin team run solely by the Broncos this year or what.

Rabble

Thinking is difficult, that is why people judge. - C.Jung

2668.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]manlyfan76 - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .December 11, 2010
[/st_td_row][st_td]kos - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 16, 2013
REACTIONS: 1,979

Yeah all 3 in that photo are born in Nz.
So many kiwi s playing origin.

It's the queeNZland way.

Thinking is difficult, that is why people judge. - C.Jung

27881.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]ManEagle - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .August 30, 2018
REACTIONS: 1,170

I don't really follow origin but out of curiosity looked it up.
What's the logic behind not being eligible if you've played for a tier 1 (Eng/NZ) nation at international level but perfectly fine if you've played for Samoa or Tonga if i understood it correctly. I know the logic from Australia's representative squads benefit but just makes no sense otherwise.

A few years back the minow country players in the NRl were choosing to play Origin rather than be available for their international team as there wasn't any benefit or opportunity to play for their country in internationals which then meant under the old rules made them ineligible to represent their own country in future.
The rules were changed so these players could play for their own country but still be eligible for origin stregnthening the minows player ranks as they would not be ruled out for selection if they played origin.

Active Now

• Old Mate
  • Griffo
  • Strop
  • Wolfie
  • winslow_wong
  • Volvo Driver
  • Maddy
  • Foordy
  • john1420
  • Bucking Beads
  • Morkel
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Manofoneway
  • thenry
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • levikaden
  • Stix
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Inknition
  • BroncosAlways
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.