Round 15 Discussion

[st_table="45%"][st_tr][st_td_row="2"]
1133.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Joshaz87 - www.cowboysstampede.com.au[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .April 5, 2011
[/st_td][/st_tr][/st_table]
5003.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]jonesy101 - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .August 28, 2016
REACTIONS: 3,733
While NSW have their own reasons for raising the eligibility ruling, the decision has saved the NZ national team.

While we will always have passionate ones like DWZ wanting to represent NZ without question, we are struggling enough to field a squad as it is with the number of defections we've had in recent years. If this wasn't enforced you'd pretty much have most 14 or 15 year olds plucked out of the NZ systems by NRL scouts and whichever club you land with would determine whether you were with NSW or QLD. That's not real representation of your state.

I'm disappointed for Mulitalo, but glad sanity has prevailed.

What do you think about NZ having its choice (in league and union) of players from the other (pacific) islands?

“I believe I’m the best six at this club. I’m just doing my best week-in week-out to play No.6. That’s where I want to play.”

Scott 'Drinky' Drinkwater

801.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]SeaEagleRock8 - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 7, 2009
62.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Sup42 - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .May 7, 2012
REACTIONS: 40,101

-

Part of the reason is world cups bro.

The league bosses wanted their cake and eat it too. The exemption for T2 nations means that the Island nations are more able to field more respectable line ups.

It was supposed to be a situation where NZ and Aus pillaged the Islands...and any Island players they did not want, could then bolster their Island national teams.

Tonga flipped that on its head with the new nationalism, players turning down big money and high profile benefits of Origins and Anzac test in favour of Tonga....all the while taking massive pay cuts to do it.

What Tonga have done, is what rep football is meant to be about, playing for your spiritual home colours be they state or international colours.

This will derail the thread probably but a lot of Kiwis get their noses out of joint over the Tonga movement.

Too bad. New Zealand does not own the people born here, they ain't livestock, what is in their hearts and spoken around the family table is what counts...not some colonial ownership of people.

Interesting post, sport and international contests have always been a boon for those pushing nationalist or anti-colonialist agendas. We in Aus love to beat England at cricket and rugby. In League we've done it so often I almost cheer on the Poms. (almost)
4275.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]BeastMode - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 7, 2015
REACTIONS: 17,240

No, no, no… we / I need this game

Got a ton of cash riding on NSW and want to cash in after… 😂

What odds did you get, $1.05 lol

Link - http://silvertails.net/tipping-competition/

Don't believe for a second Walsh is injured, I think it is more the players and or coaches thought what Brown said about him not being ready was accurate. Surely they could find better player for the team apart from Coates though.

1133.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Joshaz87 - www.cowboysstampede.com.au[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .April 5, 2011
But I digress… why Ronaldo? Is he really that much better than Coates? If at all.

His name is Ronaldo.

“I believe I’m the best six at this club. I’m just doing my best week-in week-out to play No.6. That’s where I want to play.”

1667.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]wombatgc - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .June 16, 2010
62.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Sup42 - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .May 7, 2012
REACTIONS: 40,118

Dam Teddesco is one ugly dude, short, block head, all teeth. Face like a Parrot fish.

They’re are a good tasting fish though, gotta give him that.

[/st_td_row][st_td]skull61 - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .June 19, 2015
Was that Nate Myles in the Qld shed. No wonder they are crap

[/st_td_row][st_td]skull61 - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .June 19, 2015
5433.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]PullinTeeth - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .August 11, 2017
REACTIONS: 2,826

**** me, had a look at who qualifies for Queensland, good luck.

Yeah so they will change the rules again to even it up

2668.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]manlyfan76 - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .December 11, 2010
The press was a little early when they said it was the worst Qld team ever.

Thinking is difficult, that is why people judge. - C.Jung

1667.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]wombatgc - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .June 16, 2010
4275.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]BeastMode - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 7, 2015
REACTIONS: 17,270

DCE with the water works

He shouldn’t feel upset

He should feel embarrassed…

What for. Being the only one that had a go and showed plenty of fight. Blame the cocksucker next to him. He’s only good when he’s kicking blokes on the ground.

[/st_td_row][st_td]Will on the hill. - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .June 29, 2019
4979.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Warrior#214 - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .August 13, 2016
REACTIONS: 1,407

Serious question.
Pound for pound. Man for man.
Is there a single QLD player who you’d pick in an Australian side tomorrow based on form or reputation?
Maybe Munster over Luai?
Could you pick Val Holmes over anyone of the NSW back 5?
Maybe Papailli as a senior bench prop? He ain’t rolling with any form but maybe he’s an old head?

Grant, when fit over Cook. I'd also like to see how Fafita goes in a good side.

40 nil 40 nil 40 nil

I'd also like to see how Fafita goes in a good side.

He goes pretty good when others do the hard yards for him ... and all he has to do is run over smaller men.

Actually as I type that, it sounds like I am describing Dave Taylor

3558.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]globaleagle - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .October 7, 2011
Has sCam smith actually changed his name to 'future immortal cam smith' because the Aust media constantly use that moniker to describe him?

'current d-bag sCam smith' - there ya go Daily telegraph, you're welcome.

3558.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]globaleagle - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .October 7, 2011
It's interesting when one team (and the state) start yelling for sackings and reviews and scape-goats because it's like there's an expectation that the teams are 50-50 when games start.

Sometimes you just run into the irresistible force. The All Blacks win pretty much everything and have done so for years. So I doubt whether too many teams are on par with them.
You play them, you do your best, you try to limit the margin to under 20 points (esp if you're the aussie team...)

Qld had a pretty good run (8 straight mate), Lewis Hamilton and Mercedes, Canada and plaid shirt wearing... they've all had great teams at some stage.

And even though NSW (media) are strutting around talking about dynasties and the like, didn't Qld lose the ball 4 times over the tryline last night? 26-24 isn't too bad.

I know you can't gauge games like that (murray also dropped the ball and wasn't onside) but I dunno, no Pongo, no grant, late injuries...

I don't think it's panic stations quite yet.....

that's for after game 3 (lol)

For NSW to win 8 in a row, they'll need to keep Turbo injury free for 8 seasons in a row. So yeah, not gonna happen.

801.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]SeaEagleRock8 - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 7, 2009
Grant, when fit over Cook. I'd also like to see how Fafita goes in a good side.
He'd probably score a couple of tries. Early this year he looked brilliant but lately he's been doing very little for Titans and Qld. I thought at the time that his massive deal was a huge gamble. He's got the physical attributes so the key to his success must lie elsewhere!

1133.jpg
5003.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]jonesy101 - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .August 28, 2016
REACTIONS: 3,752
I dont always agree with Kenty but thought he was spot on tonight about the simplicity of the eligibility rules and why they are there. If you start letting NZers play Origin and block them from playing for the Kiwis then they cease to exist as a tier 1 team. If you let them play Origin and for the Kiwis, then it becomes a problem for the Warriors junior pathways which would be at a huge disadvantage to the other clubs. I support neither NSW or QLD but do have an appreciation for the true meaning of State Of "ORIGIN" and fear it will turn into a dud if it becomes a free for all.

Can we stop letting the Kiwis (in sports) from picking everybody from all the other islands as if they own all the other islands?

801.jpg

He'd probably score a couple of tries. Early this year he looked brilliant but lately he's been doing very little for Titans and Qld. I thought at the time that his massive deal was a huge gamble. He's got the physical attributes so the key to his success must lie elsewhere!

He has come from the Broncos' system, so unless your name is Payne or Herbie, you are likely not used to hard work.

[/st_td_row][st_td]eagle66 - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .May 4, 2010
If staggs is to be the 5/8 next year why isn't he playing there now?

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • mitch222
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • bb_gun
  • broncs30
  • achievedrap
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Lozza
  • cento
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Painin the Haas
  • Sproj
  • PETERN
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.