Round 15 Discussion

[st_table="45%"][st_tr][st_td_row="2"]
25038.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]malroon - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 11, 2015
[/st_td][/st_tr][/st_table]

my opinion is my opinion ,but if it's wrong, i was told to say it..

[/st_td_row][st_td]Disco - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .December 13, 2004
Bronco's fans what do we think of the Ikin appointment?

Shame to lose him from 360

[/st_td_row][st_td]Disco - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .December 13, 2004

He’s a smart guy that knows his shit. It's a good appointment.

Can't be worse than Nolan

A good hiring.
Need a level head that isn’t in the pockets of player managers. Hopefully it works out, but if it doesn’t he can be sacked lol.

1133.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Joshaz87 - www.cowboysstampede.com.au[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .April 5, 2011
8536.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Super Freak - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .January 25, 2014
Where are all of the crowing Titans fans now?

1412667335.png

Surfing :-)

“I believe I’m the best six at this club. I’m just doing my best week-in week-out to play No.6. That’s where I want to play.”

Scott 'Drinky' Drinkwater

3558.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]globaleagle - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .October 7, 2011
Are we having a cross forum for SOO II?

Or are passions too high for that one?

@Dan

2.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Dan - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .July 15, 2004

@Dan
I'm happy to leave this running but I'll check with the others

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.

25631.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Woodsie - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .February 13, 2016
[/st_td_row][st_td]J_P - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .August 4, 2020

Broncos having a clean out

They already have .. 9 of their ex-players are playing SOO this weekend ... Haaahaaahabbaa

Proud member of the PPC since September 2018

3558.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]globaleagle - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .October 7, 2011

@Dan

I think replace high with low. The feeling I get on our boards is nowhere near as many as usual are really all that overly interested in it. The state of the game and Broncos has made a lot of us not really care about league this year and Vlandys is killing the game. I for one will not watch another non-Broncos game until the amateurish spontaneous rule changes and incompetence is either reduced or preferably gone.

27881.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]ManEagle - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .August 30, 2018
The stampede fellas have gone a bit quiet these past few weeks , are they still doing the cross chat or was the combined Manly Blues of 100 to 24, 1/2 of which was in Townsville still have them shell shocked.

1133.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Joshaz87 - www.cowboysstampede.com.au[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .April 5, 2011
Gordie is furious.

“I believe I’m the best six at this club. I’m just doing my best week-in week-out to play No.6. That’s where I want to play.”

[/st_td_row][st_td]J_P - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .August 4, 2020
REACTIONS: 1,145
Not sure which thread to put it in but feels appropriate in here with the cross forum members. Why are all big NRL games i.e Grand final, state of origin etc always on a work night 😡.
Is it an Aussie thing? 😃.
Why can't they follow every other major sports format of doing it on a Friday or Saturday night?

2.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Dan - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .July 15, 2004

Not sure which thread to put it in but feels appropriate in here with the cross forum members. Why are all big NRL games i.e Grand final, state of origin etc always on a work night 😡.
Is it an Aussie thing? 😃.
Why can't they follow every other major sports format of doing it on a Friday or Saturday night?

It's mainly because The NRL are completely and utterly out of touch with their fan base.

Started with horsey and the night time grand finals and choosing to alienate kids from being able to watch.
Greenburg proved it with his "Major stadia" strategy that was completely out of touch with the actual geography of the city where most games are, Sydney, not understanding "as the crow flies" and driving on Sydney roads are two different things
He compounded that by putting games on Thursday nights and wondering why people didn't show up, mate like eff I want to try and get back from work and then to a game by 6:30 at night, I am lucky if I am anywhere near home by that time.

Vlandy's has really sealed the notion with his current idea of "fans want a faster higher scoring game" and the rest of his rule tweaks.

It's pretty simple, they don't care about the fans, don't understand that the game is as much about the fans as anyone else, and without them they have no game at all.

/rant

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.

1133.jpg
Not sure which thread to put it in but feels appropriate in here with the cross forum members. Why are all big NRL games i.e Grand final, state of origin etc always on a work night .
Is it an Aussie thing? .

Work nights = people being in front of the telly.

Friday and saturday night = people going out for dinner/ drinks (and not in front of a telly).

1133.jpg
2.jpg
It's mainly because The NRL are completely and utterly out of touch with their fan base.

Started with horsey and the night time grand finals and choosing to alienate kids from being able to watch.
Greenburg proved it with his "Major stadia" strategy that was completely out of touch with the actual geography of the city where most games are, Sydney, not understanding "as the crow flies" and driving on Sydney roads are two different things
He compounded that by putting games on Thursday nights and wondering why people didn't show up, mate like eff I want to try and get back from work and then to a game by 6:30 at night, I am lucky if I am anywhere near home by that time.

Vlandy's has really sealed the notion with his current idea of "fans want a faster higher scoring game" and the rest of his rule tweaks.

It's pretty simple, they don't care about the fans, don't understand that the game is as much about the fans as anyone else, and without them they have no game at all.

/rant

Television ratings might be a higher priority than having bums on seats inside a stadium.

To stop fans congregating at friend’s houses and only watching on one screen= better tv ratings. In the 90s gf day used to be a barbecue with all your mates, not anymore though.

2.jpg
8833.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]tommy - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .June 5, 2015

To stop fans congregating at friend’s houses and only watching on one screen= better tv ratings. In the 90s gf day used to be a barbecue with all your mates, not anymore though.

Previously Tom
Kids kicking the footy in the streets.

I'm pretty sure the idea of it creates better tv ratings was disproven, it's actually the reason Monday night games were scrapped because no one wants to watch footy on a Monday.

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • Porthoz
  • Allo
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Bish
  • Broncosgirl
  • Harry Sack
  • Foordy
  • Redux
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Behold
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Skathen
  • Mr Fourex
  • Accept
  • ChewThePhatt
  • bazza
  • Hurrijo
  • Pablo
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.